Part 5: Editing Values in Real Time
Part 6: Saving What you have Found
Part 7: Share What you Have Found

Video Tutorial

Part 1: Setting Up Dashlaunch/Launch.ini/xbdm.xex plugin

Needed Files:
- Dashlaunch 2.32
- xbdm.xex plugin

When you finish the download, unrar the files and place them onto the Root Of your HDD

I have added in my Launch.ini but you can edit this how you need, but you will need to keep the [Plugins] the same... This is what is inside of my launch.ini;
Default = Hdd:\Freestyle\default.xex

[B][Plugins]
plugin1 = Hdd:\xbdm.xex[/B]

[Settings]
pingpatch = true
contpatch = false
fatalfreeze = true
regionspoof = true
dvdexitdash = true
xblaexitdash = true
nosysexit = false
livestrong = true
remotenxe = true
nohud = false
noupdater = true
exchandler = true
debugout = true
Place your launch.ini file inside of both your dashlaunch 2.32 folder and inside of the installer folder.
Run the default.xex to launch dashlaunch and continue through the steps to flash your launch.ini to your xbox.

Part 2: Downloading the Needed Programs

Needed Files;
IDA Pro 5.5 [LINK REMOVED - NO WAREZ]
Plugins and Loaders
Ascension 0.039

IDA;
Unrar your folder and launch the idapro55.exe
Proceed through the steps until it is installed
When it is finished, go to your Program Files/IDA/Loaders/
and place the 3 other files in this location

Ascension;
Unrar the files.

Part 3: Opning and using Needed Programs

IDA;
1. Launch the Program
2. Push OK
3. Push New
4. Push Cancel
5. Push File/Open
6. Make File Types (All)
7. Select Your Default.xex
8. Push OK
Now we need to wait for the .xex to load, This can take several minutes. We will know this is finished when the bottom left text changes to "idle"

Ascension;
1. Launch Ascension.exe

Part 4: Finding Editable Values and how to organize them

IDA;
when IDA has finished loading the WHOLE .Xex...

1. Hit Search/text...
2. Make Sure Find all occurenses is checked.
3. In the "String" box type .float
4. Now we need to wait until IDA finds all of the floats. (this can take several minutes)
5. When all values have been found, Right Click, on one of the floats and copy it. (this will copy ALL of them)
6. Now on your desktop, Create a new .txt document and paste all of the values inside. (SAVE IT!)

Part 5: Editing Values in Real Time

1. Go to your new .txt document that has all the floats inside of it and copy all of them.

Ascension;

Setting your IP in Ascension
1. go to your opened Ascension
2. Go to Edit/Settings
3. Under General, make sure to put in your Xbox's IP
4. Hit OK

Adding a Game to Your Advanced Poker
1. Go to Edit/Settings
2. Under Advanced Poker Type in the game you are about to edit and hit Add Game

Getting Floats inside of Ascension
1. Go to Tools/Advanced Poker
2. You will want to make this Window its full size, so click on the expand button.
3. In the largest text box Paste in all of your floats
(Note) Ascension can only hold 331 floats at a time so in your text document you should Mark this location so you know where to start from when you are finished with your current floats.
4. Under the text box you will see a drop down box that needs to be changed to floats.
"at this point you need to have your game started on your xbox"
5. hit Parse Values
When you do this ascension will "getmem" from your xbox and put it inside of Ascension so you can edit them.

Editing Floats
(Remember, Modding an .xex can make ANYTHING change so remember to try a lot of different things. such as jumping, running, buying things or ANYTHING that you can do in the game.)

(THIS IS THE DANGEROUS PART! SO BE CAREFUL!)

I will give you an example of how I change these values in the most effective way...

Example....
Float Default = 0.001
1. First i would change this to 0.01
2. If nothing changes then i would change it to a higher number such as 5
3. If still nothing changes i would change it to 0
4. If still nothing changes i would change it to -1

Remember once you have changed a value just hit poke to change it in real time.

Part 6: Saving What you have Found

WOW! you just found edited a value that made a positive or negative change to the game! We should save what we have found!

First Make sure that you select your game you are editing!
You can select your game in the top Left drop down box

Please refer to this Picture for the following...
Posted Image

Class; This is the main location of where your mod will be placed. This should have a name such as... Map, Scenery, Game, Audio, Danger

Offset; This is the offset of the float that you edited. such as 0x82050204 (you can copy your offset by left clicking on the offset on the right. then you can paste it inside this offset box with Ctrl V)

Name; This is the basic name of what your mod did such as Jump height, Running speed.

Default Value; This is the Original value of the float

Value Type; if you are editing floats (like in this tut) then set this to float. If you are editing something else such as a long, then set it to long.

Description; This is anything and everything that someone might need to know when they are changing this value, such as what values they should change it to, or what happens when certain values are poked.

When you have finished editing this it should look something like this...
Posted Image

Then just hit Save/Add to List

Part 7: Share What you Have Found

Now that we saved what we have found we should give back to the community by letting everyone see what we found.
to do this just go into your Ascension folder and go inside the Values folder. Copy over the .Val file of the game you were editing and email this file to...

[email=""][email protected][/email]

DeadCanadian will review this file and will upload it to a server which will automatically be put inside of Everyone's ascension program.

Thanks to
Everyone who helped make Ascension
Deadcanadian - For making the advanced poker
Nathan - for creating xbdm
Chrisco - For making this Tutorial

Edited by DeadCanadian, 04 June 2012 - 11:38 AM.
added a download for just the loaders and plugins

• Lord Zedd and OrangeMohawk like this

#2 DeadCanadian

DeadCanadian
  • Moderators
  • 1378 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:12 AM

nice tutorial, however you should have a few more pics to show a little of what some of it looks like. as well you can use more than just .float's. and you dont need to get them that way as well you dont need to set the filter to .float unless you have a mixed area and only want to see floats.

my way of getting values to poke is just copying random sections of ida code that have variables.
sigx5.png?t=1298045637

#3 frying_pan

frying_pan
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:51 AM

snip

will this work with any XeX like a clean Halo 3 one?

Edited by OrangeMohawk, 22 October 2013 - 06:41 PM.
entire OP quoted, snipped

Youtube: http://www.youtube.c...gpanproductions
PSN: NUMBERx1xBOOSTER

#4 Halotutorial

Halotutorial
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:15 PM

will this work with any XeX like a clean Halo 3 one?

Almost every xex is able to have this done. some games have trouble with it such as battlefield, but thats it.

#5 OrangeMohawk

OrangeMohawk
  • Moderators
  • 469 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

Should it look like this after copying the floats from IDA?

.rdata:820009D8  flt_820009D8:   .float 60.0			 # DATA XREF: .text:822802BCo		  
.rdata:820009DC  flt_820009DC:   .float 40.0			 # DATA XREF: .text:822802B8o		  
.rdata:820009E0  flt_820009E0:   .float -1.0e10		  # DATA XREF: .text:82280288o		  
.rdata:820009E4  flt_820009E4:   .float 1.0e10		   # DATA XREF: .text:82280284o		  
.rdata:820009E8  flt_820009E8:   .float 6.2800002		# DATA XREF: sub_822803A0+E0o		
.rdata:820009EC  flt_820009EC:   .float 0.75			 # DATA XREF: sub_822803A0:loc_822803ECo

#6 Lord Zedd

Lord Zedd

Wʜᴇʀᴇ'ʀᴇ Yᴏᴜ Hɪᴅɪɴɢ?

• Administrators
  • 1142 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

Should it look like this after copying the floats from IDA?

.rdata:820009D8  flt_820009D8:   .float 60.0			 # DATA XREF: .text:822802BCo		  
.rdata:820009DC  flt_820009DC:   .float 40.0			 # DATA XREF: .text:822802B8o		  
.rdata:820009E0  flt_820009E0:   .float -1.0e10		  # DATA XREF: .text:82280288o		  
.rdata:820009E4  flt_820009E4:   .float 1.0e10		   # DATA XREF: .text:82280284o		  
.rdata:820009E8  flt_820009E8:   .float 6.2800002		# DATA XREF: sub_822803A0+E0o		
.rdata:820009EC  flt_820009EC:   .float 0.75			 # DATA XREF: sub_822803A0:loc_822803ECo

Yes.

RIP RETAIL ACCOUNTS AND XBOX 9/30/2013

#7 OrangeMohawk

OrangeMohawk
  • Moderators
  • 469 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

Yes.

Thanks, was away from my RGH when I asked. Working on Crysis 2 values now

#8 DeadCanadian

DeadCanadian
  • Moderators
  • 1378 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

Thanks, was away from my RGH when I asked. Working on Crysis 2 values now

well dont forget to either mail me your values in the end or if you want send them to me in a pm so i can updates ascensions server with them for everyone to see
sigx5.png?t=1298045637

#9 OrangeMohawk

OrangeMohawk
  • Moderators
  • 469 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

well dont forget to either mail me your values in the end or if you want send them to me in a pm so i can updates ascensions server with them for everyone to see

I'm done with my research for the night, only got a few. Should I give updates each night (if research was done) to you or wait till I get a bit more?

#10 DeadCanadian

DeadCanadian
  • Moderators
  • 1378 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:57 PM

I'm done with my research for the night, only got a few. Should I give updates each night (if research was done) to you or wait till I get a bit more?

thats all up to you
sigx5.png?t=1298045637

#11 SnipeStyle

SnipeStyle

Lazy Donger

• Moderators
  • 778 posts
  • LocationGermany.map

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

when i open a xex in ida a window pops up asking for the file format, processor type and a bunch of other stuff. i changed the processor to ppc and selected xbox360xexfile for the format. do i have to change any of the other settings or can i keep the defaults?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#12 Halotutorial

Halotutorial
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:34 AM

when i open a xex in ida a window pops up asking for the file format, processor type and a bunch of other stuff. i changed the processor to ppc and selected xbox360xexfile for the format. do i have to change any of the other settings or can i keep the defaults?

do as i did in the video

#13 DeLaHolzi

DeLaHolzi
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:24 PM

i need help!!!
do i still need the modded default.xex and the RTELauncher.xex, RTELoader.xex when i use ascension 0.039 for halo reach?
or does it all work with the xbdm.xex plugin?
thx :smile:

#14 DeadCanadian

DeadCanadian
  • Moderators
  • 1378 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:28 PM

i need help!!!
do i still need the modded default.xex and the RTELauncher.xex, RTELoader.xex when i use ascension 0.039 for halo reach?
or does it all work with the xbdm.xex plugin?

xbdm.xex is a console based plugin that allowed memory editing at any time on the console. meaning you will no longer need the rtelauncher or loader.

as well for benefits xbdm allowed you to realtime on any xex(yea, any game, not even limited to just reach which aso includes default unmodded xex's you can realtime on and take pictures of your console at any time.
sigx5.png?t=1298045637

#15 DeLaHolzi

DeLaHolzi
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

xbdm.xex is a console based plugin that allowed memory editing at any time on the console. meaning you will no longer need the rtelauncher or loader.

as well for benefits xbdm allowed you to realtime on any xex(yea, any game, not even limited to just reach which aso includes default unmodded xex's you can realtime on and take pictures of your console at any time.

thx helped a lot :biggrin:
but now my xexmenu doesent work anymore.... :sleep:
nother tipp?

#16 DeadCanadian

DeadCanadian
  • Moderators
  • 1378 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:37 PM

thx helped a lot :biggrin:
but now my xexmenu doesent work anymore.... :sleep:
nother tipp?

not sure any reason why xbdm would prevent xexmenu from working. however if it is indeed xbdm breaking xexmenu you can now launch xex's straight from your computer using neighborhood. any xex you can double click on just like an exe on the computer and it will launch on the xbox. but still never heard of xbdm breaking xexmenu
sigx5.png?t=1298045637

#17 DeLaHolzi

DeLaHolzi
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:25 AM

not sure any reason why xbdm would prevent xexmenu from working. however if it is indeed xbdm breaking xexmenu you can now launch xex's straight from your computer using neighborhood. any xex you can double click on just like an exe on the computer and it will launch on the xbox. but still never heard of xbdm breaking xexmenu

well i found out that i can start xexmenu with another profile but when i want to use it with mine i get an error what should i do? :(

#18 DeLaHolzi

DeLaHolzi
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:23 PM

well i found out that i can start xexmenu with another profile but when i want to use it with mine i get an error what should i do? :(

fixed it :biggrin:
thx for all :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users