A large maintenance outage is planned for this website starting sometime Saturday afternoon (CDT). If you are unable to reach the site during that time, assume it is maintenance.

Photo

[Patchkit] Alternate Start - Live Another Life By Arthmoor

skyrim dlc god

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 selyb

selyb
  • Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:06 AM

Disclaimer: This use of this mod requires a modified console. Neither the author(s) of this mod nor I condone piracy. By downloading and using this work, you agree that you take full responsibility for the use or misuse of these files. The mod author(s) and myself are relieved of any liability associated with how you use or misuse these files.

Disclaimer for the mod author(s). While I may have received permission to repack and rehost these files, the author(s) of this mod has(have) not expressed approval of illegal or unethical activities including but not limited to Breaking EULAs of Microsoft, Sony, or Bethsoft. Therefore the mod author(s) can not be held responsible for any use or misuse of these repacked files.

Note from the mod author(s): These files were designed to be installed on PC. Any and all support for this conversion will be kept here. Do not contact the author or post on the nexus forums, steam website, or bethsoft forums with any problems that arise from using this mod.

This mod requires a JTAG/RGH console. If you don't know what that means then you don't have one. If you want more information on it, use your favorite search engine. If you need help installing converted mods, refer to my tutorial. If you would like to try to convert mods yourself, refer to my other tutorial.

Do not make requests in a release thread. If you want to request a conversion, make a request thread.

Alternate Start - Live Another Life by Arthmoor

Misery and despair have haunted you all your life. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, you've been arrested and thrown in the dungeons. Your trial was supposed to be weeks ago, only nobody has come for you. It's been so long since seeing daylight you no longer know what month it is anymore. The dungeon is cold, damp, and worse still, you're running out of food. At least you have that leak in the wall for water. It seems as though you've been forgotten, soon to rot away and die. The eight have forsaken you! Or... have they?

Live Another Life provides an alternative means to start the game for those who do not wish to go through the lengthy intro sequence at Helgen. You will be given the opportunity to choose your race and then choose a new life for your character to lead. A wide variety of choices will be available. What you choose will have a lasting impact, so choose carefully or the gods may forsake you again!

Downloads
At Arthmoor's request, I have removed the mod and uploaded a patchkit.

I ignored your message on Nexus because I'm waiting on them to decide how they want to handle it. You're aware obviously that everything that site is doing is illegal, right?
Anyway, yes, I'd like you to take down anything of mine that may be up there right now.

By typing I_AGREE for the password, you agree to the disclaimers above.
All my patchkits require ApplyPatch

1) Download mod from original mod page.
2) Download patchkit.
3) Extract all to same folder.
4) Run bat file to apply patch.

v2.2
Download patchkit here.

Edited by selyb, 22 January 2013 - 01:08 AM.

Modding and game playing in general are on hiatus for an indefinite period. :(

Need to use a console command on Skyrim for Xbox360? Try my Multi-Utility Mod

#2 selyb

selyb
  • Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:39 PM

Delete voice files and repacked since they never work for me anyway and reduces file size dramatically.

#3 selyb

selyb
  • Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:49 AM

Finally got it working and reuploaded again

#4 selyb

selyb
  • Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:30 PM

updated to v2.1.7

#5 Haxxzor1

Haxxzor1
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

I find it amazing that members of another modding community are so confrontational and misinformed.

/sarcasm

#6 selyb

selyb
  • Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:02 PM

The following information is based on my research and as such is my opinion based on the facts I have found in reference to US law.

Everyone has a different opinion and most of the people opposed to it are closely involved with the Skyrim devs. When chastising about mods on consoles, they don't differentiate between something being 'against the rules' illegal or 'criminal activity' illegal. I cannot seem to find any statement from Bethesda that says they do not allow mods on consoles. What I have found is a video interview where they state that they will support mods on consoles if Microsoft ever finds some way to allow them. As far as I can tell, modding Skyrim on console does not break an EULA for Bethsoft yet everyone at Nexus and Dark Creations says it does so maybe I'm wrong?

AFAIK, using mods on the xbox does not break the EULA. Using the mods requires a modified console and modifying the console breaks the EULA. Breaking the EULA is not a criminal act (unless you do it specifically to circumvent DRM). You can compare it to driving onto public property and ignoring the speed limit on that property. Since they post speed limit signs, you implicitly agree to them and it is technically illegal to ignore them.
  • Laet likes this

#7 selyb

selyb
  • Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

Uploaded patchkit.

#8 selyb

selyb
  • Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:55 AM

Updated patchkit to match ApplyPatch v1.2. Should work with any language now.

#9 Haxxzor1

Haxxzor1
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

Link might be broken, here is a working link to the patchkit. Excellent job , thank you selyb loving this mod.

Edited by Haxxzor1, 15 January 2013 - 11:17 PM.

#10 selyb

selyb
  • Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

Evidently links to all patchkits are broken. The forum software update broke links that have a [ or ] in the url.
I need to update this to v2.1.8a but ATM, I'm working on modifying the messagebox.swf so I can display numbers in hex with Multi-Utility smile.png

#11 selyb

selyb
  • Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

Updated to v2.2

#12 Legend of Gary

Legend of Gary
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:15 AM

I just got into modding Skyrim, and although your some patchkits work many of the original files have been updated since you made them. Rather than have you update your end, is there anywhere that mirrors the older versions of the pc mods?

#13 selyb

selyb
  • Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

I recently lost all my spare time to work on any of this stuff :(
I was off work for almost a year but I recently went back to working 50 hrs a week and I have a 6mo baby who is demanding more of daddy's time.

#14 Legend of Gary

Legend of Gary
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:23 PM

Its all good, I got help from Maxx488 over at the other site, plus I figured out how to convert them myself. Your tutorial for that is great, but velocity only ever gave me corrupt files. I started using friday DLC maker and everything has been great since.

Thanks for all you have done, and good luck with the job. I just started one thats just as demanding...

#15 Tiki2012

Tiki2012
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

Wtf how do i install the patch kits and this.. could you plz help im new at this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skyrim, dlc, god

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users