Help With Skyrim Dlc Mods

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 zFI2oST

zFI2oST
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

My issue is with xbox dlc mods for skyrim.

Basically I have at least 40 active mods while I play Skyrim, and since I renamed all of the dlc's files I can't  stop the quest using Selyb's multi-utility tool. Ex. Alternative start I don't use it anymore and it shows up 2 times.

Nooby Question: So is there an alternative like erasing the game or something  to prevent the old dlc mods from showing up?

Some pictures of what I mean:

Attached File  IMG_0194.JPG   129.39KB   11 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0195.JPG   253.97KB   9 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0196.JPG   251KB   6 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0197.JPG   208.07KB   3 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0198.JPG   230.67KB   3 downloads

Edited by zFI2oST, 30 January 2013 - 06:42 PM.

#2 selyb

selyb
  • Guardians
  • 466 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

The mod is only detected if there is a number to the right. I put it in the list twice because most of my earlier conversions were renamed to "Alternate Start.esp" but the original filename is "Alternate Start - Live Another Live.esp" To detect the mod, I have to search for a valid Form ID in an existing filename. So, for example, if you convert a mod yourself and you rename the esp file, then Multi-Utility will not detect it.
  • zFI2oST likes this
Modding and game playing in general are on hiatus for an indefinite period. :(

Need to use a console command on Skyrim for Xbox360? Try my Multi-Utility Mod

#3 zFI2oST

zFI2oST
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

The mod is only detected if there is a number to the right. I put it in the list twice because most of my earlier conversions were renamed to "Alternate Start.esp" but the original filename is "Alternate Start - Live Another Live.esp" To detect the mod, I have to search for a valid Form ID in an existing filename. So, for example, if you convert a mod yourself and you rename the esp file, then Multi-Utility will not detect it.

Thank you for the reply & help Selyb, and I know what you mean now.

So the fatal crash error I get is from something else?

I have been trying to play the story mode for about a week and have tried erasing various mods and putting them in a certain order like you said but It still crashes after 10min of gameplay.

Do you know what I can do to fix this?

Edited by zFI2oST, 31 January 2013 - 12:39 AM.

#4 selyb

selyb
  • Guardians
  • 466 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

It sounds like your gamesave is ruined and you will have to start over. Skyrim has a very complicated scripting system called Papyrus. Most mods use scripts. If a script is running when you save and you uninstall the mod, then usually that script will stay in your save and never go away. When you do this with lots of mods or with a few badly written mods, it can slow your game down severaly and cause crashes like that.

#5 zFI2oST

zFI2oST
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:31 AM

It sounds like your gamesave is ruined and you will have to start over. Skyrim has a very complicated scripting system called Papyrus. Most mods use scripts. If a script is running when you save and you uninstall the mod, then usually that script will stay in your save and never go away. When you do this with lots of mods or with a few badly written mods, it can slow your game down severaly and cause crashes like that.

Well I will erase all my game saves and mods. The add each mod one by one to see which one makes the game crap out. 

Thank you once again for your help I appreciate it. Hopefully I can get my game working.

Edited by zFI2oST, 31 January 2013 - 02:35 AM.

#6 selyb

selyb
  • Guardians
  • 466 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:08 AM

Good luck. I have found that several different scenarios will cause different crashes with no logs or output so it's hard to track down sometimes. Usually if I want to install a new mod, I have to delete all installed mods and copy them back one by one. I had a problem with Filezilla ftp to FSD because it would make two connections and transfer two files at a time which fux0r'd my load order all the time. Now, I have filezilla limited to one connection and I queue the transfers one at a time to get the load order right.

Also, sometimes you can put the same mods back and load up an existing save with the mods in a different order and cause crashes. Skyrim can be really finicky, especially for console users sad.png

#7 selyb

selyb
  • Guardians
  • 466 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:19 AM

Only if you installed them to the data folder and added them with the ini file. AFAIK, the only way to load mods without the 'sTestFile=' entries in the ini file is by creating DLC files and installing them to any working memory unit. On my box, I have some mods installed to the internal MU and others to the internal HDD and Skyrim happily loads them all.

#8 zFI2oST

zFI2oST
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:24 AM

Only if you installed them to the data folder and added them with the ini file. AFAIK, the only way to load mods without the 'sTestFile=' entries in the ini file is by creating DLC files and installing them to any working memory unit. On my box, I have some mods installed to the internal MU and others to the internal HDD and Skyrim happily loads them all.

Interesting I never realized that could happen with mods that have loose files, so for now on I am only gonna use dlc files on my console to prevent issues like this from happening.

Edited by zFI2oST, 31 January 2013 - 03:27 AM.

#9 zFI2oST

zFI2oST
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:22 AM

Yet again my console freezes with only 2 mods active. I have no idea why it freezes my console after 20min or so of gameplay. Any solutions Sely? 

I've tried erasing my game cache, and erasing skyrim and then putting it back into my console.

#10 selyb

selyb
  • Guardians
  • 466 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:58 AM

You could try Skyrim Save Cleaner or Removing all script data from your save file. You will first have to extract savegame.dat from your save.exs using Velocity, Horizon, or similar then repack it after processing.

#11 zFI2oST

zFI2oST
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

Alright I will give it a try. Thank you again for your help.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users