Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ZenithRaptor

.MAP
Read Before Asking Questions On Installing Mods

56 posts in this topic

Just wanted to make something clear for you guys.

You need a JTAG or a Devkit to use any of the patches in this section, and if you have a JTAG or Devkit and are wondering how to use the patch then here's how you do it:

1. Get a .map file according to the map that the patch is on off of Halo Reach. (from HDD or wherever you have Halo Reach stored)

2. Download the patch you want to apply.

3. Open SnipeStyle's patcher or Ascension.

4. Click apply a patch.

5. Select the map file and the patch.

6. Once you have applied the patch move the .map file back on to your HDD or wherever you have Halo Reach stored.

7. Enjoy playing on your patched map.

NOTES:

1. You can also just poke the patch with ascension if you have RTH.

2. If the mod you downloaded includes them you will need to move the .blf files into the map images folder and .mapinfo files to the info folder.

I posted this because I've seen a lot of people asking "how do I use this patch"

Hope this helped.

NOTE: You need a patched XEX to play on your patched map or it will give you a error!

Short tutorial program attached http://ipbpublic-xbchaos.netdna-ssl.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/wink.png

Virus scan

Applying patches to maps tutorial.zip

Edited by bloodraptor
AMD, MythicalRewards, SuRbO and 2 others like this

Finally. We needed something like this. too many people ask in random thread...LOL Blood is at 777 posts and im at 888 posts, thats funny

how do u get a jtag or devkit please reply

devkits are very expensive and hard to find. they are especially good for homebrew devs who want to debug their code with their console. unless you want to do that, i recommend to buy a jtag. jtags can be found in the bst section of xboxscene.com.

Ok it says original map, save modded map, and patch to apply. What do I put for save a modded map?

You go to the directory in which you want to save the modded .MAP on your comp in the browsing window. The window pops up after you click the "..." button next to to the "Save Modded Map:", and you can also rename the modded .MAP.

When i launch forgeworld it says my disc is unreadable.

??

then you probably dont have a modded xex which is needed to play .map mods

Is it possible to do this with a usb?

Only things you can do on retail with USB is using save/profile combos and modding your own campaign save.

Hey guys, sorry if this is a noob question, but I have RTH set up but don't see how to poke the patch. Can someone help me?

halo reach or halo 3?

help me! lol i have no idea what all of that means. lmaoo. like the patcher programs.

Come on you have to know what at least some of it means..

Hi :smile:

Someone can tell me where I can download the modded.xex please

I tried to install plugins, but my console reboot or the plugin is not displayed.

I patch my .map then I rename it for ex. mainmenu.map with matrix-now_with_SD.ascpatch but when I start the game nothing or my Jtag reboot :(

Edited by Elec Tro