Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

ZenithRaptor

.MAP
Read Before Asking Questions On Installing Mods

55 posts in this topic

I loaded the map but i see no mods :l

Generally, either you didn't copy over the map, or you need to clear your cache/cycle through 3 other maps and then go back to the modded one.

Generally, either you didn't copy over the map, or you need to clear your cache/cycle through 3 other maps and then go back to the modded one.

I'll try that tomorrow :P

I need some help, on Horizon I get this error when trying to put the patched .map file back on my USB:

STFS: Detected an invalid hash-block entry index

I tried using modio, which didn't give me any errors but the patches weren't working when I played them on my jtag.

I need some help, on Horizon I get this error when trying to put the patched .map file back on my USB:

STFS: Detected an invalid hash-block entry index

I tried using modio, which didn't give me any errors but the patches weren't working when I played them on my jtag.

.map's aren't usermaps.

They go in the .map folder in the Halo: Reach directory. You don't need to use Horizon or Modio. You just copy/paste.

.map's aren't usermaps.

They go in the .map folder in the Halo: Reach directory. You don't need to use Horizon or Modio. You just copy/paste.

I'm Confused, I was coping some blank Forge world maps to my USB and then using Horzion to extract the sandbox.map file from the meaoc... whatever files. Where do I get the real files I need to be changing?

I'm Confused, I was coping some blank Forge world maps to my USB and then using Horzion to extract the sandbox.map file from the meaoc... whatever files. Where do I get the real files I need to be changing?

In what form have you got Reach? Games on Demand? .iso? You need to extract the raw files from the .iso (the .map's, the mapinfo folder, the default.xex and what not). Then you put the modded .map in the "maps" folder. You don't need to use Horizon or anything like that. Just copy it over like you would copy any normal file, like a picture or a word document.

Edit: sandbox.map? Are you trying to put Reach maps in Halo 3? There's no sandbox.map in Reach. Are you sure your Xbox is a JTAG?

In what form have you got Reach? Games on Demand? .iso? You need to extract the raw files from the .iso (the .map's, the mapinfo folder, the default.xex and what not). Then you put the modded .map in the "maps" folder. You don't need to use Horizon or anything like that. Just copy it over like you would copy any normal file, like a picture or a word document.

Edit: sandbox.map? Are you trying to put Reach maps in Halo 3? There's no sandbox.map in Reach. Are you sure your Xbox is a JTAG?

I have it working :D I have Reach installed on my jtag, I went into the maps folder and found Forge_halo.map and did it to that.

and I found sandbox.map by opening my user map file (meaocdzbi0aaaab23amcsskhwfnbt14c3egsrmida.file) in Horizon and going into contents.

Thanks for the help!

I have it working :biggrin: I have Reach installed on my jtag, I went into the maps folder and found Forge_halo.map and did it to that.

and I found sandbox.map by opening my user map file (meaocdzbi0aaaab23amcsskhwfnbt14c3egsrmida.file) in Horizon and going into contents.

Thanks for the help!

No problem. :)

hi guys probably a noob question but when i go to maps and packages,i go to apply patch then do the original map,modded map and patch and when i click apply patch nothing happens,why?

You should have 2 clean maps and a patch file to start out with, than use one in the original slot, pop the patch in, and apply to the other clean copy of your map that you have

Hi guys.

I have an RGH Falcon running Fusion 1.09

I can RTE and poke changes just fine. But I can't ever get a patched map to load.

I am using the Blue Flames .xex from this site. I know it works, cause my guy does indeed have blue flames.

Shouldn't I be able to load modded .maps with this .xex?

I tried patching mainmenu.map with the matrix menu patch.

I patched with Ascension 0.039, then moved the patched .map into the maps folder on my HDD, overwriting the original.

After the intro video, my box just freezes.

I tried patching forge_halo.map with the portal gun patch.

I patched with Ascension 0.039, then moved the patched .map into the maps folder on my HDD, overwriting the original.

It gives a "players failed to load map" error.

If anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it.

Edited by gs37

did you disable the RSA checks and stuff? Also disabling cont_patch in the launch.ini is needed..

did you disable the RSA checks and stuff? Also disabling cont_patch in the launch.ini is needed..

Blue Flames has everything disabled, and Fusion doesn't support/use Dashlaunch.

15dude likes this

Right. I don't have a launch.ini to edit. Is there any way that I can get modded .maps to work with Fusion? Or is Fusion + .map mods destined for failure? It's my favorite dash so I'd rather not change... I really appreciate the help you guys are giving me.

How to I get a patched default.xex?

There are ppf patches in the download section.

Can you please give me a step by step Tutorial on how to do this mod? and let me know what programs I need

Zedd can you give me a step by step tutorial on how to do this and list what things i need

Zedd can you give me a step by step tutorial on how to do this and list what things i need

Read the OP.

Even since I'm quite the idiot to these type of files, what IS Devkit? If it were up to me id ask someone kindly to apply the patch to the map then send me the map file via email so I can just add it in to my Halo Reach section in Horizon or Modio, even changing the patch files into a 'LIVE', 'PIRS' or 'CON' file would be helpful. Probably not possible but if I don't ask, I'll get nowhere.  

Even since I'm quite the idiot to these type of files, what IS Devkit?

A "devkit", or development kit, is a special Xbox used by game developers which lets you run unsigned executable files. You don't specifically need a devkit to mod games (in fact, I would seriously recommend against one), you just need a modded console (JTAG/RGH).

If it were up to me id ask someone kindly to apply the patch to the map then send me the map file via email so I can just add it in to my Halo Reach section in Horizon or Modio, even changing the patch files into a 'LIVE', 'PIRS' or 'CON' file would be helpful. Probably not possible but if I don't ask, I'll get nowhere.

Not possible. The game is able to check whether or not map files are authentic. You need a modded console so you can disable this.