Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gaites

General
Choosing An Internet Browser

16 posts in this topic

I have been through all the "big" browsers for windows such as Firefox, Chrome (Which I'm using now), and of course Windows Internet Explorer. They are all good but, i can't really decide on one to use. They all have good traits and i have a hard time deciding so here are my thoughts...

Windows Internet Explorer:

Positives: Simple, Easy-to-use

Negatives: Laggy at times, freezes a lot (or maybe my comp is just bad)

Mozzila Firefox:

Positives: Very customizable, huge variety of add-ons

Negatives: Sometimes slow, Not too user friendly

Google Chrome:

Positives: Very fast browser, easy to use, IT LOOKS FREAKING COOL

Negatives: All it is, is fast nothing else stands out

Internet Explorer: Worst piece of crap I've ever used. Slow and unreliable. No curved edges

Firefox: Customizable but slow. Curved edges

Chrome: Fast and my personal pick. Curved edges and best display.

Internet explorer is horrible and crashed a lot for me. Dont even consider using it. Also, Microsoft doesn't follow standards, so this site doesn't exactly display properly in it. :bomb_ie:

I usually use firefox because of the huge amount of add-ons it has. Chrome is fine too, but personally I like firefox better. It all depends on what you want to do.

Just go with what you like best.

Fortunately, the people above have told you how IE sucks. It is the most prone to vir(i?) and is slow compared to mozilla Firefox and Chrome. If you can't spell Mozilla correctly, it looks like Chrome is the browser for you. And me. And TJ.

Internet explorer is horrible and crashed a lot for me. Dont even consider using it. Also, Microsoft doesn't follow standards, so this site doesn't exactly display properly in it. :bomb_ie:

I usually use firefox because of the huge amount of add-ons it has. Chrome is fine too, but personally I like firefox better. It all depends on what you want to do.

Just go with what you like best.

This. Also, I think that this may help you decide. If nothing else, it shows that IE is crap:

Also, I didn't hear you mention if you are Windows, Linux, or Mac. You said you used IE, so I'll assume Windows. Still the following is good advice: If on Windows, either Firefox or Chrome is going to be your best best. Linux, and it will be Firefox and Opera. Mac, and it will be difficult to decide. Safari is an overall ok browser. There's nothing wrong with it, but I like others better. Also, I have had nothing but good experiences with Stainless. Every tab you open is a new process, so if one page hangs up, the entire program doesn't fail, just that one page.

This. Also, I think that this may help you decide. If nothing else, it shows that IE is crap:

Also, I didn't hear you mention if you are Windows, Linux, or Mac. You said you used IE, so I'll assume Windows. Still the following is good advice: If on Windows, either Firefox or Chrome is going to be your best best. Linux, and it will be Firefox and Opera. Mac, and it will be difficult to decide. Safari is an overall ok browser. There's nothing wrong with it, but I like others better. Also, I have had nothing but good experiences with Stainless. Every tab you open is a new process, so if one page hangs up, the entire program doesn't fail, just that one page.

Topic was posted 13th march -_-

Then why was it one of the newest topics in the section?

I'm not angry + I don't wanna make u angry

It's newest because it was the last topic posted in this forum wich is a long time ago :(

Well I hope you become a active member thanks for posting :)

I'm trying chrome again, and so far you guys seem right. It is superior to firefox in every way.

I tried chrome but I still like firefox.....

It's just me

I agree IE isn't good at all

Chrome is still very good I use win7 btw.

Topic was posted 13th march -_-

Ok blood, sorry, but it doesn't really matter, especially considering how much activity we've had lately. Even if he did bump an old topic near the top of the list, any post these days is a good post.

Phoenix, we apologize for that. Please keep posting, we really need active members like you.

Ok blood, sorry, but it doesn't really matter, especially considering how much activity we've had lately. Even if he did bump an old topic near the top of the list, any post these days is a good post.

Phoenix, we apologize for that. Please keep posting, we really need active members like you.

Sorry sorry sorry sorry AMD

Sorry sorry sorry sorry Phoenix

I wont do that again :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(