Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SnipeStyle

.MAP
How To Edit Idle Animations

5 posts in this topic

Requirements:

• Jtag or Dev Kit
  • Ascension
  • Halo: Reach installed to USB or HDD
  • A decent stringid list. Download
  • A mapped out jmad plugin. Download

Tutorial:

1: Open a .map file in ascension and open the jmad tag of the bipd you want to edit. In this tutorial, I chose the Elite.

2: Scroll down to the "Animation Calls" struct. Now your screen should look like this:

PreparationOverview.png

3: In Halo: Reach, shoot or place the bipd you´ve chosen. By default an Elite clone looks like this:

elitedefault.jpg

4: So now that that´s done, we can analyse the state of our bipd. The state is needed to find the correct idle animation inside the jmad tag. In my case the Elite is standing and isn´t driving. Bungie named this state "combat". Since the animation calls struct already is set to "combat", we can leave it like that:

step1.png

5: Furthermore the Elite is holding a needle rifle, which belongs to the "rifle" weapon category. So let´s set the "Object (Weapon)" struct to 5-11 "rifle":

step2.png

6:In theory, we now could choose a specific rifle in the "Class" struct, but I want to keep this tutorial simple. Thus I´ll keep the classes untouched:

step3.png

step4.png

7: Good job! You´re prepared to start modding. First take a look at the "Full Animations". Every chunk stands for a different animation.

Chunk 0 triggers the idle animation. It is the most important one. But we want a new idle animation, so we´ll set the name to 0.

Idle0.png

8: In Halo: Place or shoot a new bipd. The new should look like this:

nullidleresult.jpg

9: Now the time has come to choose the new idle animation. Scroll through the different chunks until you find one which has an interesting name. I took the teabag animation from my video. It is called "land_hard" and is stored in chunk 12. When you´ve chosen your new animation, change it´s name to "idle". In forge_halo.map, the string "idle" has the identifier 12:

Animation12.png

10: The rest is trial and error. Spawn a new bipd. Usually its animation hasn´t changed. The only way to fix this is to null out the name of the chunk that comes before your new "idle" chunk. Then spawn a new bipd and hope that the stance has changed. If it hasn´t changed, repeat this step for the next chunks, until you notice a difference. For example: My new animation has the chunk 12. Through trial and error, I found out, that I had to null out the chunks 11, 10, 9, 8, 7 and 6:

NullingAnims.png

11: Done!. You now should have a teabagging Elite or something similar:

result.jpg

Credit:

Chrisco, for his initial research and his tutorial. And, yes... I know that this tutorial is almost the same as his. I just wanted to describe this process a bit more detailed. Chrisco´s tutorial

roro98520 likes this

23 hours ago, roro98520 said:

nice

Holy necro post.

Take a loot at the dam dates yo

Edited by Akarias