Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

0xdeafcafe

Anniversary
[Cex]Cexpatcher

34 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Lord Zedd said:

Thanks for the new link! I downloaded it and it seems to run fine, however I'm unable to drag my xex file into it. It simply won't let me. I did uncompress it with xextool first of course but it just won't let me drag anything into the window. Not even the original unmodified xex can be dragged into it to make it throw an error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Generalkidd said:

Thanks for the new link! I downloaded it and it seems to run fine, however I'm unable to drag my xex file into it. It simply won't let me. I did uncompress it with xextool first of course but it just won't let me drag anything into the window. Not even the original unmodified xex can be dragged into it to make it throw an error.

seems to work for me, or says it did anyway. are you running as admin or whatever? Are you dragging onto the exe or the open program because you should do the latter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lord Zedd said:

seems to work for me, or says it did anyway. are you running as admin or whatever? Are you dragging onto the exe or the open program because you should do the latter.

I've tried both and I am running as an admin. When I drag onto the open program, it just displays that circle with a cross through it and if I drag onto the exe, it opens up the program but nothing happens. Is the program you uploaded missing any dll's or other dependencies? I thought it might be a Windows 10 compatibility issue but it's the exact same problem on other OS's I tried including Windows 8 and Vista.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2017 at 1:23 AM, Generalkidd said:

I've tried both and I am running as an admin. When I drag onto the open program, it just displays that circle with a cross through it and if I drag onto the exe, it opens up the program but nothing happens. Is the program you uploaded missing any dll's or other dependencies? I thought it might be a Windows 10 compatibility issue but it's the exact same problem on other OS's I tried including Windows 8 and Vista.

Same problem for me. I can't get it to work on Windows 10 running as administrator. I tried to change the compatibility to run under Windows XP, Vista, and 7 and it still didn't work.

Edited by Wally12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So pretty much you guys don't need to drag it into the cex patcher. all you have to do is have the follow:


xextool.exe - won't provide link, but just google it, you'll find it.


cmd.exe  - (IF YOU DON'T HAVE THIS HOW IS YOUR PC EVEN WORKING!)


and last but not least the default.xex of Halo CEA.
 

Okay now pretty much all you wanna do is put those 3 files i mentioned above in a new folder.

Once they are all in a folder together you have proceed.

drag xextool.exe into cmd.exe

once you are in the cmd window type/copy this into it ( xextool -ra -mr -cu -eu -o default_uncompressed.xex default.xex) WITHOUT THE BRACKETS!

Hit Enter and you're done! If you see a 4th file in there called default_uncompressed.xex then you were sucessful!

Move it to your JTAG/RGH and boot up the file, it should boot up like normal, if not, you may have done something wrong.

Sorry if this guide seems messy, I'm a noob here and don't really use forums that often.
 

Now the Controls:

First time: Hold RB/LB + RT to launch the menu first time. You can even do this at the mainmenu. A version number will appear in top right if successful.

Hold RB (2 seconds) then click LB. = Pop Debug Menu / Close Debug Menu
DPAD = Navigate Menu
A = Select Options

Hold RB (3 seconds)
- Enables Fly Cam
- Moves to 3rd Person
- Moves to 1st Person

Hold LB (+ X Button)
- Enable/Disable God mode
- This god mode allows your health to never go past the last red bar. I tested by standing the middle of 3 elites on Legendary. They attacked me over and over and I never lost that last bit of health. The instant I clicked LB + X, It said, "God Mode Off" and I died.

Hold LB (+ A Button)
- Enable Gun Fly Mode (noclip)
- Body teleports to camera location after clicking again

Hold LB (+ B Button)
- Freezes for screenshot
- Stored in the active game partition (D), so you have to view it while the game is running. (dead canadian)
- In the game.cfg file, under the DEBUG section there is ScrShotPath="D://shots". Possibly changing to like HDD1://shots will work? (untested)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now