Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Nate the Great

Official Videos/Screenshots Of Your Mods

2,306 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Setting the crosshair index to an invalid throws out some interesting results. Reminds me of one of the hud glitches that happened during the reach beta. 

dvaTSC.png

Quick Edit:

I haven't finished the electric bolt effect yet so using plasma pistol proj for the time being, also has a custom gauge on the side of the weapon now. Shoulder mounted rail gun is also in the works, uses the rocket launcher with the "tubes" scale set to 0 and some extra bits in the form of crates scaled and textured to look like rails.

0xUEzu.png 

Edited by Akarias
FreedTerror likes this

qIF1kY.png

Long story short, looking for a way of adding water to the outside of the map, I remember something on the pit being just a mesh with a water texture. Can anyone point me in its direction? Cant seem to find it. Otherwise pictured, goose with a animated chaingun mounted, 25degrees aiming cone etc. The bitmaps have been manually injected to keep the file size down including bump maps for the sandy textures, I tried putting in a grass bitmap as apart of the terrain shaders but they did not blend to well. Trying to make an oasis.

Next up, trees.

Posted (edited)

Went to jump on LiNK the other night, fired up forge world and found this:

It's babs first UFO! I'm almost certain someone else made a UFO with the mine model at some point.

Edito:

Heavy Assault Hornet, 12 rockets with a 12 second reload. Salvo lasts 3 seconds before needing to reload.

POzVUx.jpg

24Kseb.png

Edited by Akarias
FreedTerror and Faultiplayer like this

On 7/6/2017 at 7:09 AM, Alejandro MiddleCorn said:

GIMME THIS!!!!

Not sure if im keeping that shit private or not bruh

Posted (edited)

0x2D4 as actually the back button player_action_test_back, was missing from my list for some reason. No idea what 0x2D3 is.

pvgL1q.png  It begins c:

I've been pondering making a tool that spits out raw script expression blocks to be pasted in via a hex editor manually, doing it all in assembly is a chore. 

I don't entirely understand what the 4 int8s actually do, are they just arguments or something? I've noticed when using expression type 8 "Value 00 (LSB)" refers to the next index in script expressions to go to. And value 3 can be set for sleep (xx) for xx. More specifically I have no idea what they mean in a expression value 8.

Edited by Akarias

Posted (edited)

Coming soon: Thunderdome

S0U6rp.jpg

ADtKLu.jpg

(Yes, the sun location will be fixed to match the shadows dont panic.)

I've made a script that allows players to drop weapon pods from pelicans, anyone wana jumo on LiNK and test it out with me?

Edit: Big ass boat is no more, frees up a bunch of space

mh01iJ.png

I also found a neat way of turning BSP geometry meshs into render models, usable by any tags. Aka, forgeable map geometry. Its a lot of work to convert everything, so far made the boat hull into a standalone mode tag. Ideas anyone?

Edit 3: A ton of work later and we have a somewhat finished map, initial spawns are on the edge of the map but a handy little script I wrote that only runs on the host destroys those spawn points after 120 seconds, they then move lightly closer to either red or blue side as the battle ramps up. Plenty of vehicles around the edges of the map if you managed to get stuck out there, and a couple of man cannons to assist also.

Bizqm4.png

dSto0T.png

Q6R4V2.png

And cue the backdrop.

jizWIM.png

The weird colors are from my capture card being GARBAGE, got a HD60 coming tomorrow 

I haven't finished making the elevators and their buttons yet, so teleporters until then. Shame no one will see this but no way in hell am I triple posting.

Edit 4: electric boogaloo

Halo 2 style energy sword positioning. 

VIZpV2.jpg

Edited by Akarias
Faultiplayer likes this

Posted (edited)

Halo 4 Custom Bitmap Injection !!!

1oNrBLG.jpg

y9rl7RC.jpg

Xbox was refusing to connect to my pc so couldn't capture a proper image so used a phone, I'll get some others later. It also still needs some more work but it IS possible.

Image of the texture being 'test-fitted' in 3ds Max (it's based off the Destiny 'Trials of Osiris' weapons):

oj3w4EH.png

Got XBDM working, so:

Ru1xHec.png

8gn4mG6.png

Ga2EY5j.png

These 2 show the only issue with it (which I am working to fix)

hezRLbA.png

OKJDvVB.png

Edited by forerunner569
New images
Akarias likes this

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Alejandro MiddleCorn said:

I supposed.

I mean if u really want a release of that shit Ill do it bruh lol

Edited by ImDatNigga

Posted (edited)

Insert old meme here.

FbsurC.png

Also triggered animations for landing and taking off coming soon. (Pelican legs also deploy / retract on command by pressing down on the D pad)

ENXpLy.gif

Edit:

Better, useful stuff. Now using this for debug messages too, still haven't found a way to get "print" to output anything to the screen. its not nulled so there must be a global or something I can set to get it going.

Edited by Akarias

12 hours ago, ImDatNigga said:

I mean if u really want a release of that shit Ill do it bruh lol

Sorry, it just looks so cool to keep it for one-self but still show it to the world.

9 hours ago, Akarias said:

Better, useful stuff. Now using this for debug messages too, still haven't found a way to get "print" to output anything to the screen. its not nulled so there must be a global or something I can set to get it going.

nah it is null

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, Lord Zedd said:

nah it is null

Son of a... Right. Anyways, anyone got ajustant's BSP viewer source code? Really don't want to write one from scratch. Getting sick of having to place trigger volumes and point sets by hand, even if it means butchering something together because there is now way in hell I'm writing one from scratch. Last time I tried I got clusters to render but could never get instances to position themselves correctly. And all of that was on one of my 5TB drives that ate shit :(

Question, do globals make any changes to the engine at all? or are they are just there for enabling and disabling certain parts of scripts (if you choose to write them like that). So anything with g_* affects the engine? And if so is there a list of all globals?

Edit: and for those of you wondering what happened with all that, a couple of years ago I was looking into replacing BSP cluster data, hence why there was a BSP Editor helper was added to assemby (Asked alex for a place to dump it all). All it ever came to was have a single cluster loaded with all the vertices placed on the same Z plane. I tried going further than that and just ended up with either the frame buffer displaying garbage in game or broken lighting. Tried a box but I dont think the engine likes it when a mesh intersects itself.

Edited by Akarias

8 hours ago, Akarias said:

Question, do globals make any changes to the engine at all? or are they are just there for enabling and disabling certain parts of scripts (if you choose to write them like that). So anything with g_* affects the engine? And if so is there a list of all globals?

Depends. Map-based globals will only affect scripts. But engine globals can affect the actual code so that it can save/sync to the gamestate. For engine globals, like script opcodes, you don't get names unless maps use them.

Also to post something for the thread here is chief inheriting a cutscene animation, which is actually easier to accomplish than batch changing graph index values like you have to do for not-cutscenes.

X1QkZKO.jpg

Akarias likes this

2 hours ago, Lord Zedd said:

(Really high res)

So... whats with the resolution? 

48 minutes ago, Akarias said:

So... whats with the resolution? 

personal research into the ingame screenshot setup.

9 minutes ago, Lord Zedd said:

personal research into the ingame screenshot setup.

Lemme guess, uses a "poster" like render?

1 hour ago, Akarias said:

Lemme guess, uses a "poster" like render?

same as the game normally does in theater, just higher numbers and access to the raw image