Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Nate the Great

Official Videos/Screenshots Of Your Mods

2,414 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, forerunner569 said:

Are you sure @weighta, did this a while ago:

Ru1xHec.png

(posted images of these ages ago)

Is there a custom bitmap... for this? What do you mean are you sure. I can agree that the injection process is awkward and the format is indeed different. Can't find the bit to swap color channels or perhaps color inversion is my issue :\

Yes, that is a custom bitmap. From my experience, there is no color channel differences - the raw was arranged differently but thats about it.

My original post: 

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, weighta said:

Sad face.

I'm going to be honest rather than straight up troll here, if you put as much effort into asking where to start / how to do such things it would actually be real.

If you are handy with C/C#, have a look at TagTool's ReplaceRenderGeometry command and the RenderModelBuilder that goes along with it.

I really would have thought that after a few years you may grown up just a wee bit.

Have some recent and old stuff as compensation.

Edited by Akarias
weighta likes this

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, Akarias said:

I'm going to be honest rather than straight up troll here, if you put as much effort into asking where to start / how to do such things it would actually be real.

If you are handy with C/C#, have a look at TagTool's ReplaceRenderGeometry command and the RenderModelBuilder that goes along with it.

Haven't done much C, but mainly C# (unfortunately lol). Where exactly can I find this tool / program? May be able to get something partially working. I actually wanted this video to seem more like a comedy / easy-catch, but probably went to far when bringing it to xbc.

Edited by weighta

20 hours ago, weighta said:

Haven't done much C, but mainly C# (unfortunately lol). Where exactly can I find this tool / program? May be able to get something partially working. I actually wanted this video to seem more like a comedy / easy-catch, but probably went to far when bringing it to xbc.

Bruh C# is a good language.  Would you rather use Java?

6 hours ago, MythicalRewards said:

Bruh C# is a good language.  Would you rather use Java?

I wouldn't use java for modding in years. C# is definitely good with modding and getting basic tasks done, thing is, I can't fully modify Assembly's source or because it was written in c++ I think. C# is also not fully compiled.

Assembly is written in C# as far as I am aware. I've had to use C# to make small custom things for modding before, for example to make Halo 4 custom bitmaps easier.

Something I've been wanting to try out for several years, thought MCC on PC might be a good way to kick start it.

Here's a hint:

Screenshot 2019-03-24 at 22.00.13.png

CabooseSayzWTF and weighta like this

3 hours ago, 0xdeafcafe said:

Something I've been wanting to try out for several years, thought MCC on PC might be a good way to kick start it.

Here's a hint:

Screenshot 2019-03-24 at 22.00.13.png

weird flex, but okay

0xdeafcafe likes this

11 hours ago, 0xdeafcafe said:

-snip-

What am I looking at?

On 25/03/2019 at 9:39 AM, CabooseSayzWTF said:

What am I looking at?

Been messing around with the idea of a cross-platform map editor. Has a local web-server running that basically runs Blamite (the library that powers Assembly) and provides an API for an HTML based app (Electron + React mb?) to be able to modify a map files.

Posted (edited)

On 29/04/2019 at 4:21 PM, 0xdeafcafe said:

Been messing around with the idea of a cross-platform map editor. Has a local web-server running that basically runs Blamite (the library that powers Assembly) and provides an API for an HTML based app (Electron + React mb?) to be able to modify a map files.

I would seriously consider taking a look at BlamCore if you haven't already, cross endianness between engines is a really nice thing to have.

Have a thing, what a better way to christen a new XDK than fucking everything up. 

Edited by Akarias

Posted (edited)

Dont like to double post but just a quick and dirty firefight to multiplayer conversion for testing some ideas I've had for spawning AI. The small path finding volume makes setting up objects/aeras/zones far easier. 

Pk9YoIl.jpg

v1y6SOs.jpg

The plan is to use scripted object functions to allow for the creation of AI in a more controlled manor while still retaining being able to place spawn points in forge, also had a plan floating around for spawning different variants from the same spawn point allow for a bit of randomisation.

Edit: well that went well, pretty much the same setup as any other peaceable AI spawn point but thanks to scripted object functions and using a volume check to return all the freshly spawned AI and add them to a fireteam you can do some pretty neat stuff.

Edited by Akarias