Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Nate the Great

Official Videos/Screenshots Of Your Mods

2,426 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, forerunner569 said:

Are you sure @weighta, did this a while ago:

Ru1xHec.png

(posted images of these ages ago)

Is there a custom bitmap... for this? What do you mean are you sure. I can agree that the injection process is awkward and the format is indeed different. Can't find the bit to swap color channels or perhaps color inversion is my issue :\

Yes, that is a custom bitmap. From my experience, there is no color channel differences - the raw was arranged differently but thats about it.

My original post: 

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, weighta said:

Sad face.

I'm going to be honest rather than straight up troll here, if you put as much effort into asking where to start / how to do such things it would actually be real.

If you are handy with C/C#, have a look at TagTool's ReplaceRenderGeometry command and the RenderModelBuilder that goes along with it.

I really would have thought that after a few years you may grown up just a wee bit.

Have some recent and old stuff as compensation.

Edited by Akarias
weighta likes this

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, Akarias said:

I'm going to be honest rather than straight up troll here, if you put as much effort into asking where to start / how to do such things it would actually be real.

If you are handy with C/C#, have a look at TagTool's ReplaceRenderGeometry command and the RenderModelBuilder that goes along with it.

Haven't done much C, but mainly C# (unfortunately lol). Where exactly can I find this tool / program? May be able to get something partially working. I actually wanted this video to seem more like a comedy / easy-catch, but probably went to far when bringing it to xbc.

Edited by weighta

20 hours ago, weighta said:

Haven't done much C, but mainly C# (unfortunately lol). Where exactly can I find this tool / program? May be able to get something partially working. I actually wanted this video to seem more like a comedy / easy-catch, but probably went to far when bringing it to xbc.

Bruh C# is a good language.  Would you rather use Java?

6 hours ago, MythicalRewards said:

Bruh C# is a good language.  Would you rather use Java?

I wouldn't use java for modding in years. C# is definitely good with modding and getting basic tasks done, thing is, I can't fully modify Assembly's source or because it was written in c++ I think. C# is also not fully compiled.

Assembly is written in C# as far as I am aware. I've had to use C# to make small custom things for modding before, for example to make Halo 4 custom bitmaps easier.

3 hours ago, 0xdeafcafe said:

Something I've been wanting to try out for several years, thought MCC on PC might be a good way to kick start it.

Here's a hint:

Screenshot 2019-03-24 at 22.00.13.png

weird flex, but okay

0xdeafcafe likes this

11 hours ago, 0xdeafcafe said:

Something I've been wanting to try out for several years, thought MCC on PC might be a good way to kick start it.

-snip-

What am I looking at?

On 25/03/2019 at 9:39 AM, CabooseSayzWTF said:

What am I looking at?

Been messing around with the idea of a cross-platform map editor. Has a local web-server running that basically runs Blamite (the library that powers Assembly) and provides an API for an HTML based app (Electron + React mb?) to be able to modify a map files.

Posted (edited)

On 29/04/2019 at 4:21 PM, 0xdeafcafe said:

Been messing around with the idea of a cross-platform map editor. Has a local web-server running that basically runs Blamite (the library that powers Assembly) and provides an API for an HTML based app (Electron + React mb?) to be able to modify a map files.

I would seriously consider taking a look at BlamCore if you haven't already, cross endianness between engines is a really nice thing to have.

Have a thing, what a better way to christen a new XDK than fucking everything up. 

Edited by Akarias

Posted (edited)

Dont like to double post but just a quick and dirty firefight to multiplayer conversion for testing some ideas I've had for spawning AI. The small path finding volume makes setting up objects/aeras/zones far easier. 

Pk9YoIl.jpg

v1y6SOs.jpg

The plan is to use scripted object functions to allow for the creation of AI in a more controlled manor while still retaining being able to place spawn points in forge, also had a plan floating around for spawning different variants from the same spawn point allow for a bit of randomisation.

Edit: well that went well, pretty much the same setup as any other peaceable AI spawn point but thanks to scripted object functions and using a volume check to return all the freshly spawned AI and add them to a fireteam you can do some pretty neat stuff.

Edited by Akarias

Posted (edited)

Well look what I found:

FZDuqkf.jpg

What a coincidence. Jeez the forum is dead these days. But hey a whole bunch of rendered strings that we can easily high jack to do some stuff with, nice. 0x83151067 for future reference. Pretty sure zedd showed something like this years ago. So if we write a formatted string to that buffer it will just display it I guess. 

Edited by Akarias
Tobymac01 and blackdimund like this

On 1/9/2016 at 6:43 PM, Dark Universe said:

WIP, Im trying to bring back some H2 shit lol

redplasmarifleH2_zpsq38zgqm4.png

H2plasmaturret_zpstkzhwvpx.png

H2plasmaturret2_zpsrmwfrnab.png

H2Wraith2_zpsdyahhwrq.png

H2Wraith_zpsyxa7y6aa.png

spectre3_zps76z3azrw.png

spectre2_zpsijq6jrue.png

Just happened to check the thread and found this.

GIMME THAT. T_T

16 hours ago, The Vengeful 'Vadam said:

I'm giving the Brutes a new weapon in Halo Reach Evolved: The Brute Plasma Spate. Unlike the regular version, it fires in slow 4-round bursts, is much less accurate, and isn't as heat-efficient, but it makes up for it with tremendous stopping power.

0POERyd.png

3HbMSbp.png

NcDHJH5.png

ilfcb9D.png

Hate to ask, but I was never able to figure out how to change the projectile color myself.  Where'd you go to change it?  It looks super sick!

3 hours ago, MythicalRewards said:

Hate to ask, but I was never able to figure out how to change the projectile color myself.  Where'd you go to change it?  It looks super sick!

Lord Zedd threw me this:

It works as intended, but because I cannot poke changes it is a waste of time.

So I totally recommend you to have the capacity of poking, not required but recommended. Though most people can poke changes so... meh. XP

MythicalRewards likes this

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, MythicalRewards said:

4 hours ago, Alejandro MiddleCorn said:

Lord Zedd threw me this:

It works as intended, but because I cannot poke changes it is a waste of time.

So I totally recommend you to have the capacity of poking, not required but recommended. Though most people can poke changes so... meh. XP

I actually didn't use that method. What I ended up doing was re-purposing some concussion rifle projectile assets (specifically the ligh, ltvl, and lens tags) and placing them in the attachments box in the repeater's proj tag, replacing whatever the repeater used in those slots beforehand. However, I kept the actual projectile effe tag of the repeater intact to keep that shape. Then, I went to the projectile effect tag and swapped out the contrail tag for the grenade launcher's. It's actually convenient that I used the Grenade Launcher's cntl tag because it comes with a small smoke trail, which fit the fiery-like aesthetic I was looking for. You'll also have to toy with the impact effects because if you don't, you'll end up with blue effects coming from a red projectile.

Edited by The Vengeful 'Vadam
MythicalRewards likes this

10 hours ago, The Vengeful 'Vadam said:

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to say that my Zealot Champion that I posted here a while ago is now in my Reach: Evolved campaign.

Gvc6QKM.png

That Grunt with Plasma Rifle tho. Not a common thing in Halo games.

7 hours ago, Alejandro MiddleCorn said:

That Grunt with Plasma Rifle tho. Not a common thing in Halo games.

Yeah, I'm gonna have all of my Spec Ops Grunts use Plasma Rifles.