Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Lord Zedd

.MAP
Better Pelican on Spire

58 posts in this topic

extractor meaning winzip, winrar, modio.

The download links directly to a .ascpatch file, so no. Just load it straight into Ascension's patcher.

It isn't working I applied the patch but I spawn a falcon and it just a normal falcon how do I change that?!?!??!?!?

It isn't working I applied the patch but I spawn a falcon and it just a normal falcon how do I change that?!?!??!?!?

did you read the post

Block 1x1: Default Pelican with Turret

Block 2x2: Default Pelican without Turret

Block 3x3: Damaged Pelican with Turret

Block 4x4: Damaged Pelican without Turret

It works for me. Try clearing your cache if you literally applied it.

did you read the post

Block 1x1: Default Pelican with Turret

Block 2x2: Default Pelican without Turret

Block 3x3: Damaged Pelican with Turret

Block 4x4: Damaged Pelican without Turret

Well if the patch worked, there would still be "Falcon" in the forge list, but it would open a submenu like a Warthog (Containing those 4 options).

It works for me. Try clearing your cache if you literally applied it.

Well if the patch worked, there would still be "Falcon" in the forge list, but it would open a submenu like a Warthog (Containing those 4 options).

Ok that did the trick thx zedd

Okay, i have the patch applied, but.... I'm getting a 'players failed to load content' prompt, any clues to what this is or how to maybe fix it?

Okay, i have the patch applied, but.... I'm getting a 'players failed to load content' prompt, any clues to what this is or how to maybe fix it?

Are you loading it as "Spire" or "Spire Mechanized"?

Mechanized, the image is coming up, but not working. :/

Did you patch spire, then rename the patched map to match the name of the patch? (35_island_pelican)?

Did you patch spire, then rename the patched map to match the name of the patch? (35_island_pelican)?

Yea, exactly that process, is there a better way? Or..

EDIT:

Fixed it, i had a different keyboard selected.. i'm just slightly retarded at times. Awesome mod though, I love it.

Edited by generalgreavis

Yea, exactly that process, is there a better way? Or..

EDIT:

Fixed it, i had a different keyboard selected.. i'm just slightly retarded at times. Awesome mod though, I love it.

Alright. And Thanks :D

In case anyone else has a similar issue, Dashlaunch's ContPatch on will make "Players Failed to Load Content" show up as well.

hi iam new at this can anyone help me an tell me how to do this and make it work what do i have to do step by step thanks

hi iam new at this can anyone help me an tell me how to do this and make it work what do i have to do step by step thanks

Hi wbrooks6 - Welcome to Xbox Chaos!

If you have a JTAG or a RGH, then you can use a tool called Assembly. Assuming you have Halo Reach stored on your modded Xbox's HDD, you will then need to get a copy of "35_island.map" (Spire) onto your PC from your Xbox using Xbox Neighborhood.

In Assembly, go to Tools -> Map Patcher and select the .map file you obtained and the patch you downloaded from this thread. The UI should be straightforward so I don't need to go into detail here, but don't hesitate to ask for help!

Finally, move the patched .map file back to your Xbox replacing the old one with the patched file (but you should save a backup just in case).

You will also need a modified version of the game executable (xex) which will let you run modified .map files, but I'm not too familiar with this since my RGH came with a modded Halo in the first place when I bought it.

If you don't have a Xbox that's capable of running unsigned code (RGH, JTAG, or a dev kit) then you are not able to apply this mod, and can only access modded gametypes (look for the Gametype tag in Mod Downloads).

Happy modding,

Matt

when i click on apply patch this happens.

System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'F:\35_island.map' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
   at Assembly.Metro.Controls.PageTemplates.PatchControl.btnApplyPatch_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)