Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Red

What Am I Doing Wrong?

13 posts in this topic

ok step by step here is what im doing,

• I have extracted all files off my hdd from the $c folder of halo 2.
  • i downloaded DotHalo v1.0b3.0 and opened the sanctuary map(deltatap.map).
  • i open the tags window.
  • scroll down to the section "+[weap] Weapon" and expand it.
  • i find the weapon i want to mod in this case "objects\weapons\melee\energy_blade\energy_blade" and select it.
  • then i check the "Dual wieldable" box.
  • Then close the "Tag Editor" window.
  • On the "Tag" window i click save changes.
  • I get the pop up window approving that changes have been saved i then click ok
  • I close tags
  • Then on Map tools i click "Make PFF Patch" i select and unchanged version and the modded is preset. then choose save spot, and name it.
  • click "Make Patch" (patch does appear in windows explorer)
  • Then i click "Apply PPF Patch"
  • Choose the one i just made, And click "Apply Patch"
  • It says 2 changes saved (no i did not change any thing else)
  • I click "Fix Encryption"
  • pop up comes up and i click ok.
  • I close DotHalo and inject the modded version of this map into my HDD in the same place.
  • I then put it into my xbox, and start halo 2.
  • i choose profile "Red"
  • "don't sign in" chosen.
  • "split screen"
  • Map: sanctuary
  • start game
  • "10.. 9.. 8.. 7.. 6.. 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. Waiting for every one to load the map"
  • Could not load map appears after about 30 seconds of waiting.

So what have i done wrong? Please tell me the general area with the numbers that is why i went through the time to add these to make it easier on you to explain. if you have not modded halo 2 before no you dont have to rehash and resign. i've tried with modio.

Duh.. Of course you don't use modio, why would you even try that? that just fixes the header and resigns. Halo 2 uses a crc32 checksum.

Anyway, try leaving it, and going back after a while. Halo 2 sometimes takes ages to load maps.

P.S Use Entity.

what do you mean by use entry? ill try to let it load for like an hour then ill check on it.

could you supply a tut in the forums as to exactly how i mod with that? and by the way no it did not end up working i left the house and went to see a movie and spent the night at a friends house and it did not work it still said can not load map, i tried about 15 times after that though. So i guess ill look up "Edtity"

could you supply a tut in the forums as to exactly how i mod with that? and by the way no it did not end up working i left the house and went to see a movie and spent the night at a friends house and it did not work it still said can not load map, i tried about 15 times after that though. So i guess ill look up "Edtity"

My mistake, Entity.

Yeah i figured that out, i have the program but im not good with it at all! i have no idea how to work it, could you teach me? or link me to a video?

I have looked alot on se7ensins.com there new design is so odd to use. it may look the same but the smaller games to mod have been moved every where. So any thing i did find was not help full.