Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

selyb

Modding
How To Repack Textures.bsa

37 posts in this topic

I have yet to try any interface mods, but i'll test some later and post my results

edit: i tried it in dlc form, and it seems to be working for me. I can equip, exit the inventory, etc. i've noticed it dosen't have an arrow to show the item you're viewing, it highlights the name only, and equipped items go to the top of the list automatically. I have uploaded it for you to try and see if it works now.

Google Drive

edit 2: if it does work, tell me and i will get it to the downloads section.

edit 3: for anyone interested in this, as laet mentioned below, this mod makes it impossible to enchant items.

As I have no idea how to edit skyrim interfaces, this mod is not fully usable for now on xbox.

A shame as it is quite a nice interface.

Edited by pcaquercia
Laet likes this

I have yet to try any interface mods, but i'll test some later and post my results

edit: i tried it in dlc form, and it seems to be working for me. I can equip, exit the inventory, etc. i've noticed it dosen't have an arrow to show the item you're viewing, it highlights the name only, and equipped items go to the top of the list automatically. I have uploaded it for you to try and see if it works now.

Google Drive

edit 2: if it does work, tell me and i will get it to the downloads section.

Yes it's working, but i am having some problems with the arcane enchanter, i can select the items but no option to craft show up, you can test and confirm if this is happening to you.

Edited by Laet

Hi, so i did everything you said in this. but for some reason the textures.bsa is a different size than it used to be. Like by a good 50MB Will this cause any problems in the game?

That's likely because you're using hi-res textures. if i'm right, then yes it's likely to cause slowdowns when these textures are in use, especially if they are skin, or face textures (lots of objects use those at the same time)

When i have to resize many textures at once i use this: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12801

Well no, My problem is when i am using this program and i uncheck like 1 texture in the .bsa then repack it. the bsa is a drastically different size. any idea on this? anyone else having the same issue?

Yeah, don't worry about it. The original bsas use some options like "Retain Directory Names" and "Retain File Names". I have no idea what these are used for and with that many textures, I could understand there being 50MB worth of text. BSAOpt doesn't implement any of those options so that data is not carried over.

BTW, pcaquercia: Using dds textures of equal or even lower resolution than vanilla could still cause the bsa to be larger because they are not compressed like the ddx textures. Ddx textures are compressed using LZX which is akin to 7z compression. If you are intently interested, I could post a couple numbers as examples.

im having problems getting quality maps to work.... ive followed the guide but not working.... when do i put the quality maps files in maybe that is wrong....

EDIT: following your old guide on 360iso id get a grey screen everytime, following this guide no grey screen but the mod isnt listed in my addons list and there are no roads on the map any ideas

Edited by kasekesy

read the tut and have a possible dumb question.  I have mod that has a mesh in it.  If my data folder has meshes.bsa I can just create a meshes folder and the put the meshes in their and skyrim will know which to use?  Or do I extract meshes.bsa and just leave the folder and put the meshes from my mod in the extracted folder? Thanx just a lil confused

Edited by joemegahertz

If my data folder has meshes.bsa I can just create a meshes folder and the put the meshes in their and skyrim will know which to use?

Yes

hi dude :)

I would like to convert mods to adopt several more children I can not convert or why have so. scripts or esp and everyone else there does not work because it says that the mod already adopted two children and have to type a few more codes and not because of jtag xbox

please help me dude
until more