Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Lord Zedd

Support
Request-A-Tutorial Thread

145 posts in this topic

Zedd could you help me with where this is located?

Tutorial will come around the time I post new plugins.

But the gist of it is I copied the Weapons reflexive and the one below it from the Dominion turret and applied it to the warthog turret, changing the weapon back to the hog turret afterward.

I cannot get that mammoth to not fall through the ground!

Nobody can right now, please stop asking.

Hi, I would like to know how to remove the forge objects limit, because i was modding the map Erosion in Halo 4, got rid of the budget with Assembly by modding the scnr tag but it seems there is still a limit.

So if you know how, please let me know. :) Thanks

HOW STUPID YOU ARE, Assembly is released!

Assembly is not a "magic bullet." If we say we don't know how to do something, then we actually don't know how to do it yet. Nobody is hiding anything from you. Either figure it out yourself or be patient and wait until someone else does.

HOW STUPID YOU ARE, Assembly is released!

I mean, I could just stop trying so that you may never be able to make it solid, if you want to call me stupid like that.

Hi, I would like to know how to remove the forge objects limit, because i was modding the map Erosion in Halo 4, got rid of the budget with Assembly by modding the scnr tag but it seems there is still a limit.

So if you know how, please let me know. :smile: Thanks

The budget value does not change immediately and the map must be "restarted" to reflect the change.

Do a search for sandbox and navigate your way through it. The price and item limit is at the end of sandbox.

Well at first  I made the cost of everything i added to 0 and increased the spawn amount, so the budget didn't increased, but the limit was still there.

An then I modded the .map itself and changed the budget to the limit of an integer, in case the budget was stored as an int, and the limit was still there. That why I'm asking, it seems weird.

Edited by JaSpeR

Well at first  I made the cost of everything i added to 0 and increased the spawn amount, so the budget didn't increased, but the limit was still there.

An then I modded the .map itself and changed the budget to the limit of an integer, in case the budget was stored as an int, and the limit was still there. That why I'm asking, it seems weird.

There will still be an max object limit at one point, there is no way around it. It is not related to the budget.

I've got one for you zedd. How did you do the thing with holograms, where you took control of them after they were sent out?

I've got one for you zedd. How did you do the thing with holograms, where you took control of them after they were sent out?

Yes!!!!

Yes!!!!

It's definitely not the thing that says 'remote control' in the equipment, I swear. . .oh wait.

Yeah, I'm just blind and didn't see it the first time. Whoops.

Edited by MBP

It's definitely not the thing that says 'remote control' in the equipment, I swear. . .oh wait.

Yeah, I'm just blind and didn't see it the first time. Whoops.

hehe

Lord zedd Is there a way to have multiple armour effects on at once using assembly? I can do it with ascension, but can't with assembly.

Also, how do I make mantis's walk faster?

And how to not corrupt the film by modding.

Edited by TKDK4

TKDK4, on 30 Mar 2013 - 23:24, said:

Lord zedd Is there a way to have multiple armour effects on at once using assembly? I can do it with ascension, but can't with assembly.

Also, how do I make mantis's walk faster?

And how to not corrupt the film by modding.

There is a tut by vonkova about the armor effects, and you can't have a uncorrupted film when RTHing unless you are not the host. Not sure about the mantis speed.

Now for my own question. Does anybody know how to change what map a forge map belongs to? Example: If I forge something in forge world and want to play it on green world. I would assume it has to do with the map ID and a hex editor, but i can't seem to find it.

Edited by JJIJR

Now for my own question. Does anybody know how to change what map a forge map belongs to? Example: If I forge something in forge world and want to play it on green world. I would assume it has to do with the map ID and a hex editor, but i can't seem to find it.

Reach: Search the variant for the map ID (2 results in a fresh 88kb map, 4 in 96/120kb) Replace accordingly, then run them through these map friendly versions of Synth's Sunburst Lite, one or both EXEs depending on filesize. Resign the file with whatever, too. You'll find it listed under the original map ingame but upon selecting it the right map will load in the lobby. This will go away upon saving ingame.

Halo 4: same process, but only 1 result for map ID will show (2 if 96/120). You then have to shift the whole map ID left once and search again. 1/2 results and update accordingly with the shifted new ID. Run them through these map friendly versions of Synth's Sunburst Lite, one or both EXEs depending on filesize. Resign the file with whatever, too. You'll find it listed under the original map ingame but upon selecting it the right map will load in the lobby. This will go away upon saving ingame.

JJIJR and OrangeMohawk like this

You'll find it listed under the original map ingame but upon selecting it the right map will load in the lobby. This will go away upon saving ingame.

You sure? When we were playing Tron on that gamenight, right afterwards I did it to the usermap Snipe had included with his original release. Doing it just to the cpgd made it show up under the new map, but loaded the old one. Doing it to cpgd and mpvr made it show up in the right place, and load the right map, I never re-saved it.

you can't have a uncorrupted film when RTHing unless you are not the host.

Well, kind of. You can re-poke the changes you made in-game, but it's not worth the hassle. Edited by MBP

You sure? When we were playing Tron on that gamenight, right afterwards I did it to the usermap Snipe had included with his original release. Doing it just to the cpgd made it show up under the new map, but loaded the old one. Doing it to cpgd and mpvr made it show up in the right place, and load the right map, I never re-saved it.

I've always had to resave to get it to show up under the new map. idk.

How are offsets for halo and pretty much every game gathered and updated to the latest tu ? I know there is dumping floats from the xex in ida.

How are offsets for halo and pretty much every game gathered and updated to the latest tu ? I know there is dumping floats from the xex in ida.

Gathering: Most folk who want quick and easy results tend to do a mass text search in IDA for a particular type of data (bytes or floats) and save the results to a text file to poke chunks at a time to find differences, then note them down.

Updating: With a final list of "things that did something" you have to go one by one checking what references a particular value, then finding that same location in the newer executable via searching, which will be referencing your new value.

DaftHacker likes this

Gathering: Most folk who want quick and easy results tend to do a mass text search in IDA for a particular type of data (bytes or floats) and save the results to a text file to poke chunks at a time to find differences, then note them down.

Updating: With a final list of "things that did something" you have to go one by one checking what references a particular value, then finding that same location in the newer executable via searching, which will be referencing your new value.

Could you explain a little more, maybe a step by step walkthrough. I'm not trying to be spoon fed just would like to get a good grasp on how its done and fully understand it. Not the Gathering offsets part but finding the new offsets.

I have found these offsets that id like to be updated for tu6, maybe you could show how its done by using one of them ??

NO TU

Head - 0xC274FB4E

Torso - 0xC274FB4F

Left Shoulder - 0xC274FB51

Right Shoulder - 0xC274FB52

Forearms - 0xC274FB53

Legs - 0xC274FB54

Visor - 0xC274FB43

Armor Color 1 - 0xC274FB3B

Armor Color 2 - 0xC274FB3F

Service Tag - 0xC274FB65

Emblem foreground - 0xC274FB46

Emblem background - 0xC274FB47

Emblem color 1 - 0xC274FB49

Emblem color 2 - 0xC274FB4A

Emblem color 3 - 0xC274FB4B

Stance - 0xC274FB45

Edited by DaftHacker

Could you explain a little more, maybe a step by step walkthrough. I'm not trying to be spoon fed just would like to get a good grasp on how its done and fully understand it. Not the Gathering offsets part but finding the new offsets.

I have found these offsets that id like to be updated for tu6, maybe you could show how its done by using one of them ??

NO TU

Head - 0xC274FB4E

Torso - 0xC274FB4F

Left Shoulder - 0xC274FB51

Right Shoulder - 0xC274FB52

Forearms - 0xC274FB53

Legs - 0xC274FB54

Visor - 0xC274FB43

Armor Color 1 - 0xC274FB3B

Armor Color 2 - 0xC274FB3F

Service Tag - 0xC274FB65

Emblem foreground - 0xC274FB46

Emblem background - 0xC274FB47

Emblem color 1 - 0xC274FB49

Emblem color 2 - 0xC274FB4A

Emblem color 3 - 0xC274FB4B

Stance - 0xC274FB45

All of those are memory offsets, not xex.

In which case the best bet is to dump x3000000 bytes from the console's RAM at xC0000000 with SimpleDump360 or similar and do a search for your unicode service tag. The result whose offset is fairly similar (C27xxxxx-ish) to what you have there will probably be it. Poke the first letter with Ascension to be sure. Don't forget to add C to the beginning.

From there, being GPD values that never change, you could use math to find the other value's location in relation to the service tag.

So the service tag you posted is xC274FB65, subtract the primary armor color offset from that to get x2A. So now you'll know that x2A bytes before your newly found service tag offset will be the byte for primary armor color.

Rinse and repeat.

DaftHacker likes this

All of those are memory offsets, not xex.

In which case the best bet is to dump x3000000 bytes from the console's RAM at xC0000000 with SimpleDump360 or similar and do a search for your unicode service tag. The result whose offset is fairly similar (C27xxxxx-ish) to what you have there will probably be it. Poke the first letter with Ascension to be sure. Don't forget to add C to the beginning.

From there, being GPD values that never change, you could use math to find the other value's location in relation to the service tag.

So the service tag you posted is xC274FB65, subtract the primary armor color offset from that to get x2A. So now you'll know that x2A bytes before your newly found service tag offset will be the byte for primary armor color.

Rinse and repeat.

Well ive tried dumping the memory with SimpleDump360 and it just saves a file with no extension and if I make it into .txt its just a bunch of what looks like to be encrypted data. I aslo tried using peek poker to search for my service tag ( Had to search hex only ) and didn't come up with anything. Ive also looked around google to try and find some helpful things but there is no info like this to be found anywhere. 

Well ive tried dumping the memory with SimpleDump360 and it just saves a file with no extension and if I make it into .txt its just a bunch of what looks like to be encrypted data. I aslo tried using peek poker to search for my service tag ( Had to search hex only ) and didn't come up with anything. Ive also looked around google to try and find some helpful things but there is no info like this to be found anywhere. 

You hex edit the resulting file from SimpleDump

DaftHacker likes this