Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Lord Zedd

Support
Request-A-Tutorial Thread

145 posts in this topic

You hex edit the resulting file from SimpleDump

Thanks for the help, I finally figured out where the offsets are. I didn't really get how to find the offset by subtracting and locating but the offsets were all in the general range so I just poked everything and found what I need.

If this is possible, I would like a tut made for this to make forge work on any gametype for halo 4.

Thanks in advance.

Is there anyway to make grenades regenerative or infinite?

The grenade regeneration traits work for both campaign and mp, so enable their flags in matg and set the values to 1 or whatever floats your boat.

edit: Just updated the plugins archive. If you didn't see any flags in matg traits before, these new plugins should fix that.

TKDK4 likes this

The grenade regeneration traits work for both campaign and mp, so enable their flags in matg and set the values to 1 or whatever floats your boat.

edit: Just updated the plugins archive. If you didn't see any flags in matg traits before, these new plugins should fix that.

Does that work for pulse? I remember seeing it named, but I feel like I only got frag and plasma to work.

Does that work for pulse? I remember seeing it named, but I feel like I only got frag and plasma to work.

Yeah pulse is borked.

343.jpg

I am trying to figure out how to make the mammoth not fall through the ground on my own, but no can do.

Is it possible to do the 1 flag updated game type with the weapon tune?????

Yes, they are just settings.

how would one do this????

With KSoft it should be as easy as replacing the WeaponTuning lines with that of one of the matchmaking gametypes.

To be exact, if you don't have a matchmaking variant handy;

<WeaponTuning>      <TwoBarrels>        <HomingRifle>          <Primary>            <Value6>35</Value6>          </Primary>          <Secondary>            <Value6>39</Value6>          </Secondary>        </HomingRifle>      </TwoBarrels>      <OneBarrel>        <BurstGun>          <Value16>0.0479939654</Value16>          <Value20>7.500193</Value20>          <Value21>7.500193</Value21>          <Value22>7.500193</Value22>        </BurstGun>        <MagnumPistol>          <Value20>17.2992249</Value20>          <Value21>17.2992249</Value21>          <Value22>17.2992249</Value22>        </MagnumPistol>        <AssaultRifle>          <Value16>0.03490715</Value16>          <Value20>8.999373</Value20>          <Value21>8.999373</Value21>          <Value22>8.999373</Value22>        </AssaultRifle>        <BattleRifle>          <Value6>35</Value6>          <Value20>7.500193</Value20>          <Value21>7.500193</Value21>          <Value22>7.500193</Value22>        </BattleRifle>        <LMG>          <Value20>8.999373</Value20>          <Value21>8.999373</Value21>          <Value22>8.999373</Value22>        </LMG>        <Carbine>          <Value16>0.00523412554</Value16>          <Value20>13.9890118</Value20>          <Value21>13.9890118</Value21>          <Value22>13.9890118</Value22>        </Carbine>        <StormRifle>          <Value16>0.0445065461</Value16>          <Value18>197</Value18>          <Value20>9.60019</Value20>          <Value21>9.60019</Value21>          <Value22>9.60019</Value22>        </StormRifle>        <WarthogGunner>          <Value20>11.4999142</Value20>          <Value21>11.4999142</Value21>          <Value22>11.4999142</Value22>        </WarthogGunner>        <MechChaingun>          <Value20>12.0005951</Value20>          <Value21>12.0005951</Value21>          <Value22>12.0005951</Value22>        </MechChaingun>      </OneBarrel>      <OneBarrelWeapons>        <BurstGun>          <Value5>0.0610866249</Value5>          <Value9>0.1221725</Value9>        </BurstGun>        <AssaultRifle>          <Value5>0.05235964</Value5>          <Value9>0.1221725</Value9>        </AssaultRifle>        <MarksmanRifle>          <Value7>11.9996414</Value7>        </MarksmanRifle>        <BattleRifle>          <Value7>9.000327</Value7>        </BattleRifle>        <Carbine>          <Value7>9.000327</Value7>        </Carbine>        <StormRifle>          <Value5>0.05235964</Value5>          <Value9>0.1221725</Value9>        </StormRifle>        <WarthogGunner_Gauss>          <Value6>14.0004559</Value6>          <Value7>11.9996414</Value7>          <Value10>11.9996414</Value10>          <Value11>9.999781</Value11>        </WarthogGunner_Gauss>      </OneBarrelWeapons>      <TwoBarrelWeapons>        <HomingRifle>          <Value7>11.9996414</Value7>        </HomingRifle>      </TwoBarrelWeapons>    </WeaponTuning>

Since you´ve proven several times, that you´re well capable of modding xex files, it would be nice if you could write a guide where you cover the basics of reverse engineering in ida pro. I know that there many good ppc tutorials on the internet, but none which tells you how to actually navigate through ida and how to find a specific function. Even a small blog post in which you explain your thought process during your research, what structures to look out for and so on, would be enough.

Wil and DaftHacker like this

Since you´ve proven several times, that you´re well capable of modding xex files, it would be nice if you could write a guide where you cover the basics of reverse engineering in ida pro. I know that there many good ppc tutorials on the internet, but none which tells you how to actually navigate through ida and how to find a specific function. Even a small blog post in which you explain your thought process during your research, what structures to look out for and so on, would be enough.

I can try to write something up, but I feel you are giving me more credit than I deserve.

Total Noob here. I've been looking for hours on a tut just to be able to use assembly and mod projectiles in halo 4. Ive found old ones (halo 1) and it looks easy but I don't even know how to load the multiplayer maps. The only blam cache files in my halo 4 folder (extracted with exiso) are from the campaign..Please help someone.

Total Noob here. I've been looking for hours on a tut just to be able to use assembly and mod projectiles in halo 4. Ive found old ones (halo 1) and it looks easy but I don't even know how to load the multiplayer maps. The only blam cache files in my halo 4 folder (extracted with exiso) are from the campaign..Please help someone.

For loading mp maps, look here.

As far as projectile modding goes, if you want to do simple swaps, open up the weap tag of the weapon whose projectile you want to swap, and search "Inital Projectile" (typo). Then you can change that to whatever projectile you want to come out. However, if you're looking to shoot objects, follow this. It's a Halo 3 tut, but works the same way. 

Hope this will help you get started!

Lord Zedd likes this

To load multiplayer maps you need to extract them from the DLC file that is installed from Halo 4 Disk 2. You can find it if you extract Disk 2 with exiso under \Content\0000000000000000\4D530919\00000002, or you can find it in the device you installed it into with a device explorer under the same directory. Once you have the file open it with wxpirs.exe and those will either be Spartan Ops maps or MP maps (It should show the title of the DLC file on the bottom)

Edited by JJIJR

How would I fire objects, weapons, etc out of my weapon in Halo 4? There is no way to do it in the effe tab. The only way is to change the initial projectile in weap or what? 

How would I fire objects, weapons, etc out of my weapon in Halo 4? There is no way to do it in the effe tab. The only way is to change the initial projectile in weap or what? 

If you change any of the projectiles you'll likely freeze, you have to use effects which the method is no different from previous games.

Kojuku likes this

I've got a few modding questions I haven't been able to figure out yet.

1. Give the mantis jumping capabilities

2. Shoot vehicles out of a weapon (always freezes for me)

- Nvm, saw in the post above you have to do it through effects. Can you elaborate on this?

3. Auto Aim (Found it in the weapon tag, but can't get any values to work)

Thanks!

Edited by RileyPoole

Nothing is off-limits and this was posted in the H4 forum only because it's the newest game. So don't let that stop you from asking about something in Halo 3.

well nothing seems to be off limits  and i haven't really looked in this thread. now seeing that in bold, here's my request, i as well as many others want to know how to get flood armour on halo 4 via gpd, we all know it can be done, and you zedd have proved that yourself!, so now im keeping that nothing is off limits  against you, ik you will prob not make a tut, and again like iv said countless times, this would be kept in my head, not for everyone to know, weather you wanna make a tut the choice is yours. but that would cancel out the nothing is offlimits section of this post, anyway if you dont actually want to teach me or teach me pubicliy , you can pm me the steps. or just say nope, like usual lol./

with assembly, my way of firing projectiles and anything out of my wep, is in the wep tag go to your weapon, then search *forced projectile?* then chane it to w.e and their you go. that way has always worked for me.

well nothing seems to be off limits  and i haven't really looked in this thread. now seeing that in bold, here's my request, i as well as many others want to know how to get flood armour on halo 4 via gpd, we all know it can be done, and you zedd have proved that yourself!, so now im keeping that nothing is off limits  against you, ik you will prob not make a tut, and again like iv said countless times, this would be kept in my head, not for everyone to know, weather you wanna make a tut the choice is yours. but that would cancel out the nothing is offlimits section of this post, anyway if you dont actually want to teach me or teach me pubicliy , you can pm me the steps. or just say nope, like usual lol./

That would be a nope. Especially with the free method of getting on XBL still at large.

Could have sworn I typed an exception for that, must be thinking of another thread.

That would be a nope. Especially with the free method of getting on XBL still at large.

Could have sworn I typed an exception for that, must be thinking of another thread.

you asshole lmao, it's cool i figured it would of been no anyways, but -_- that just means you lied..