Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lord Zedd

.MAP
How To Create Your Own H4 Boot Logo

11 posts in this topic

In case you like customizing your game with new boot videos, you are probably wondering how you could also replace that big 4 logo when you first load the game. Luckily, it is insanely simple granted you have the 360 SDK installed (why wouldn't you?)

Copy your original bootlogo.xpr from the games root to your computer. (Make sure to keep a backup somewhere!)

Navigate to the "\bin\win32" folder inside your SDK install and Copy (Ctrl+Click) the 2 programs "Bundler.exe" and "UnBundler.exe" to where you copied bootlogo.xpr.

Open a command prompt in the folder with the following command:

unbundler bootlogo.xpr

UnBundler should then spit out a bootlogo.tga and a bootlogo.xpr.rdf to the folder as such:

logotut1.jpg

Now edit the tga to your liking, or create your own 1280x720 res tga. I made this masterpiece for the tutorial:

logotut2.jpg

After you've tailored your image to your liking and saved as bootlogo.tga over the original, open the command line again but with this command:

bundler bootlogo.xpr.rdf

This will make Bundler compile a new xpr (bootlogo.xpr.xpr) using your tga via the original definition file (.rdf)

Strip off the second .xpr from the filename and copy to the game root, then reboot the game. Your new image should appear.

--

This thread will also serve as a hub for user-made images. Just post yours and I'll add it here. Get creative! (1280x720 PNG format preferred. Please don't post the compiled XPR or I will remove it.)

Rustle 4 by Lord Zedd:

BootLogojimmies.png

Soviet Star by Xythera

BootLogo_zps06540941.png

H4 Lens Flare by Xythera

BootLogo_zps3b9cfee2.png

H4 Master Chief by Xythera

BootLogo_zps376a172c.png

All Pictures I Post Are Edited To Exactly Fit The Original Image Size

Soviet Red Star With Hammer And Sickle:

BootLogo_zps06540941.png

Video Of Image (And Quick Glimpse Of My Future Main Menu Mod ;) )

Halo 4 Logo With Simple Lens Flare:

BootLogo_zps3b9cfee2.png

Chief With Requiem Background, Halo 4 Logo, UNSC Insignia, And Badassness

BootLogo_zps376a172c.png

More To Come

Potentially not since there isn't any checks over the file.

We need to figure out how to sign HDD installed games then :P

We need to figure out how to sign HDD installed games then tongue.png

Cannot be done

and Im almost sure that you cannot replace files in XGD3 format

I don't have one, have never used one and have an extreamly limited understanding of them but perhaps an xkey could be used for this?

I don't have one, have never used one and have an extreamly limited understanding of them but perhaps an xkey could be used for this?

If the post above yours is right then it won't work with a flashed drive/xkey/whatever.