Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Halotutorial

.MAP
How To Play On Spartan Ops Maps

21 posts in this topic

Hardware Needed:
RGH/JTAG

Files Needed:
XBDM.xex Plugin - XBDM
Halo4 Disk1 & Disk2 Extracted - (Not Provided)
Halo4.Xex With RSA checks removed - (Warez, removed. Use this instead.)

Programs Needed:
Xbox360SDK(Neighborhood) - (Not Provided)
Assembly/Ascension - Ascension (I will Not Provide Assembly, But it is not required)
WixPris - WxPris (Or your Favorite DLC Extractor)
HxD - HxD

Index:
1: Setting Up Ascension
2: Setting up Dashlaunch (xbdm, contpatch)
3: Extracting Spartan Ops Files and Modding them
4: Poking your Profile to Unlock Maps
5: Playing/Troubleshooting Maps

1: Setting Up Ascension
For Ascension to Work right with everything you will need the Xbox360 SDK!

1; Open Ascension and go to Edit, Settings and edit your xbox's IP (Hit OK)
2; File, Open Up The Sparten Ops Map you Want to Play on
3; Now go to Tools, "Advanced Poker" Wait for that to open
4; That is all for now. We will come back to this program later, so don't close it.

1xINv9EF.jpg48A0Llx.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2lmGdYtx.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3cgBUnje.jpg

2: Setting up Dashlaunch (xbdm, contpatch)
1 This is Very Simple, Add your Xbdm.xex to the root(top)of your HDD, Then just start up your dashlaunch and in the plugins section, Point this to your Xbdm.xex (Remember, you MUST restart your xbox in order to activate the Plugin)
2 MAKE SURE CONTPATCH IS FALSE!!!
1 vPlJWE4.jpg
2 B1L0eCA.jpg

3: Extracting Spartan Ops Files and Modding them
Extract
1; Open your Spartan ops DLC File in WxPris and Extract it to your Desktop
2; ON YOUR XBOX, Put All Maps in the Halo4/maps Folder and put all .mapinfo in the Halo4/maps/info Folder.
1au9pOrT.jpg
2ePlE3Ys.jpg

Modding
1; Take All .Mapinfo Files And place them into 1 folder
2; take your Midnight.campaign file and place it in the same folder
3; Open All Files In HxD
4; For ALL .mapinfo files, Edit 0x40 to be " 00 00 00 2C "
5; For Midnight.Campaign file, go to 0x19C4 & edit this to be
 00 00 2E E0 00 00 2E EA 00 00 2E F4 00 00 2E FE 00 00 2F 1C 00 00 2F 08 00 00 2F 26 00 00 2F 30 00 00 2F 3A 00 00 2F 44 00 00 2B 99 00 00 2B 8F 00 00 2B 85 00 00 2B 67 00 00 2B 5D 00 00 2B 4C 00 00 2B 3F 00 00 2B 49 00 00 2B F2 00 00 2C 26 00 00 2B C0 00 00 2B CA 00 00 2B DE 00 00 2B E8 00 00 2B 35

5(2); The Hex in Part 5 are the names of the mapIds, You can find the map Id's in the Scnr plugin of Ascension.
6; Now just Save these Files And replace them with the original files on your Xbox.

1&2 arY06gR.jpg
3 05cWTVX.jpg
4 yDuwThY.jpg
5 h4mfSxT.jpg
6 Cel5zNT.jpg

4: Poking your Profile to Unlock Maps
(make sure your xbdm plugin is running)
1; Start your Halo 4 Game with your .xex that has RSA Checks removed. NO TU!!!
2; Go to the Campaign lobby.
3; in Ascensions Advanced Poker Make the Offset 0xC274FAD0 and make sure the drop bar to the left is on bytes, and 4 to the right of that.
4; Hit GET VALUE (you should see some numbers pop up now under your offset(blue).
5; Change this value to 0FFFFFFF & hit Poke
6; Now try and select your campaign mission. you should now see your spartanOps mission.
7; Before you play, Start up Prologue, Skip the video. When The Mission Dawn Starts up Hit Pause and Save and Quit. (This will make it so your unlocked campaign missions is permanent.)

3&4 vOUGcNj.jpg
5 0D3p1JC.jpg
6 4KQs4y4.jpg

ONLY IF YOU WANT TO PLAY THE NEWEST SEASON!
1; Go back to your dashboard and start your game with the (Warez, removed. Please use this, which will have TU3 shortly.
2; Select your map and play

5: Playing/Troubleshooting Maps

- understand that playing on spartan ops maps is still very new and if you are not modding the map file there is really not much you can do. We are working on making them fully functional. Please be patient.
Troubleshooting
1; if you spawned outside of the map...
- You Will Need to edit your Starting location, Go into Scnr, Player Spawns, and edit the X,Y,Z values to edit your location when you restart your mission.
Maps That Will Need Location Changed
Chopper Bowl - (last Chunk)X=10 Y=-20 Z=3
Sniper Ally - (Last Chunk) X=10 Y=0 Z=0

Dlc01_Factory (You Must Change Location to - X=-120 Y=0 Z=5 and make loadouts = to -1 Under Functions)

Alot of the NEW Season just flat out don't work. We are working on it.

2; If you die as soon as the game starts...
- Go into Hlmt and set the Invincibility Enum 1 &Invincibility Enum 2 to True Then Poke and Restart the map.

*If you want to Spawn Characters that you can fight you will need to edit the strings inside the map.
1; Go to "Scnr"
2; Set "Loadouts" to -1 (Under Functions)
3; Go to "HSDT"
4; Select your Chunk (in Ascension it will be random, this is why you will want Assembly)
5; Set that chunk to "Startup" under "script options"
6; Restart your map.
(Now after you restart your map, maybe something will change maybe not. Just keep trying until you find good ones to change. WRITE DOWN THE GOOD ONES!)
LKiR65M.jpg

*Credits*
- Lord Zedd (Really for everything)
- Chrisco (Making the Tutorial) Edited by Lord Zedd
added TU4 patch link
Nate the Great and JJIJR like this

Don't need insertion points.

You gotta explain the things you are doing or people will never think for themselves

JJIJR likes this

on some of the maps like apex I start dead and it says respawn in 0 but I don't respwn unfortunately
so far hears what I have

Vahalla - works (but its in mp so not a big deal)

Complex - Works (but its in mp so not a big deal)

Forts - Works (very cool)

Chopper Bowl - Not working (needs new spawn I think)

Sniper Alley - Not working (Needs new spawn I think)

Temple - didn't work at first but I got it working by editing the spawn point. (works very cool )

Scurve - (Works very cool)

Cortyard (works very cool)

DE Engine (Not working Respawn in 0 error)

DE Factory (Not working Respawn in 0 error)

Control (works very cool)

Cyclone (wont start)

Warrens (Works Very cool)

Apex (Not Working) respawn in 0 error

Harvester (Works very cool)

If anyone manages to get any of the other maps working please let us know also if you have any of these maps working please tell us how to get them working!

maby you could make some patches for the maps that aren't working?

edit so on to a different subject im taking a wild gess and saying that if you replace the hex in the mapinfo with 00 00 10 4C instead of 00 00 00 2C then that will make it a wargames map?

question is how could I put that into the wargames menu? nvm  this works I found the map in wargames custom games menu but it appers locked.

I can enter the map in forge but I cant move.

I changed the map type to multiplayer with Assembly.

It also still shows the map in campaign but changing it to multiplayer removed the hud.

id be great if I knew how to add more multiplayer settings in to the map like 343 biped charicter or whatever is needed to forge sucsessfly.
it was a nice little adventure and step in the right direction. I hope we can do more with thease moding programs in the future.

I have been trying to get the first person animations working but so far no luck 

Edited by jackrabbit72380

so anyway I was looking at another topic of moding halo reach and someone says the reason bipeds become invisible is because thay are trying to put mp armor on the mc im not sure if that's the case hear?

im working on the map the temple atm im not sure if I changed the first spawn point or nulled it out but I can start on the map with an invisible player in campaign. and also in coop campain.

if I strat the level in forge im stuck stareing at a wall tower light type thang.

id like the level to use the mp  biped. I know the level was not ment for campin witch is why im gessign the biped is invisible?

I realy wana have little battles on this map in multiplayer.

I think if I had a moded veriant for the map it may work in mp. but because I cant move or save a veriant it apers locked in mp only openable in forge.

is it possible to change to the mp globals change the biped to 343 and give the 10000 needed to forge with in assymbly?

I bleave what we need to try and do is inset the mp_globals tag into the spartin ops maps.

and tehn make it selectsble with assimbly

Trying to get it to work in MP and especially Forge would require a lot more work than that.

Spartan Ops isn't necessarily campaign but it isn't Necessarily multiplayer, either.

It was default variant in biped that lets you make him not invisible. Like so:

fotspops.png

Edited by MBP

Trying to get it to work in MP and especially Forge would require a lot more work than that.

Spartan Ops isn't necessarily campaign but it isn't Necessarily multiplayer, either.

yeah its odd basicly its not campaign or mp but firefight. basicly a mix of sp and mp witch is the problem what we need to try and do is make it ither fully sp or fully mp.

the temple would rock as mp map I think personaly. unfortunately I cant select the mp globals inside the map.i know that the map starts out wit hthe multiplayer character not the mc, so that is probly why the player is invisible. I tried different veriants and poked around but nothing changed looking at the revine map I can see some changes I was able to make 1. is input the 343 biped 2. add player customization. 3.add 10000 4,make the map multiplayer. 5.got the map to start in forge.

but all that dosent matter if I cant change the map to use the mp globals instead of firefight.

im thinking a hex edit might actuly make it playable in forge?

57 didnt work. 
i dont understand that a totaly differnt game halo reach right? in ther pic you posted? the biped settngs are the same hear as thay are an multiplayer problum is im playing the map in campain. if you wantto give me spasific instructions for  changing the biped veriant i can try it but i personaly dont think its going to do any good

I thought you psted a pic fro mhalol reach cuz the hud looked old anyway tell me how you set that biped please?

what is the default veriant your talking about?

so anyway im looking at the bipd tags in temple and comparing them with revine and what I see is missing is the moniter bipd and thare seems to be a place null at the top of the bipd whare we might beable to insert him maby wit hhex editer?

next I see we need to ad attachments so we can fly then maby we can have a new mp map? 

hope someone will try this?

i finaly found the default veriant setting you where talking about

I don't see why when I do this my spartin is weard looking witch variant did you use?

I have an invisible body with random armor on it everytime I start.

I don't see why?

i finaly found the default veriant setting you where talking about

I don't see why when I do this my spartin is weard looking witch variant did you use?

I have an invisible body with random armor on it everytime I start.

I don't see why?

I used a specific string ID, Unicorn. I'm not sure if you can get your own armor exactly, but you could always change around specific parts in pmcg. And Reach didn't have Fotus, or valhalla (or stasis rifle) :)

Edited by MBP

Its more of campaign with respawns

I used a specific string ID, Unicorn. I'm not sure if you can get your own armor exactly, but you could always change around specific parts in pmcg. And Reach didn't have Fotus, or valhalla (or stasis rifle) smile.png

yeah unicorn deffenetly sounds like fotus armor I just want the map to start with my regular mp biped.

yeah unicorn deffenetly sounds like fotus armor I just want the map to start with my regular mp biped.

There are 64 variants to try, but if none of them work, as a work-around you could use pmcg. For instance, set everything to Fotus in the variant, and then in PMCG you could change the fotus head into deadeye, the fotus chest into raider, etc. and do it patchwork style to build your spartan back up.

Not a perfect solution, but it would let you at least have your armor for screenshots or whatever before it's figured out how to properly enable it.

Does anyone have any of these Spartan Ops maps or any other cool modded maps on their file share? I would love to download and play some.

Does anyone have any of these Spartan Ops maps or any other cool modded maps on their file share? I would love to download and play some.

You have a modified console(RGH/JTAG/DevKit). There are plenty of cool .map mods in the download section of the website, and on deadcanadians Dropbox but I'm not sure where it's at ATM.