Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

AMD

Other
Assembly - Blam Research Tool

127 posts in this topic

Does Assembly intentionally not compile by default when you clone it from GitHub? XDevKit.dll is missing from the XBDMCommunicator module. Licensing issues or something?

Does Assembly intentionally not compile by default when you clone it from GitHub? XDevKit.dll is missing from the XBDMCommunicator module. Licensing issues or something?

We aren't legally allowed to include the file because it's part of the Xbox 360 SDK. Yes, this is inconvenient, but there isn't much we can really do.

i havent been modding in forever and have been waiting for this. but its not working. i get an error every time i try to open the app. can someone help me?

i havent been modding in forever and have been waiting for this. but its not working. i get an error every time i try to open the app. can someone help me?

what does it say?

You need modded hardware like a jtag or rgh. Or a devkit

I take it gamestop isn't going to have those. Where can I get a jtag or devkit? How much do these things cost?

Sorry for being such a noob, but do I need the hardware before I can install Assembly? If not, how do I install this program correctly?

I take it gamestop isn't going to have those. Where can I get a jtag or devkit? How much do these things cost?

Sorry for being such a noob, but do I need the hardware before I can install Assembly? If not, how do I install this program correctly?

You can mod .maps without a Jtag/RGH/Dev Kit, but if you want to be able to play mods you need one.

You probably won't get your hands on a Dev Kit, but you can buy a Jtag or RGH for about the price of a normal Xbox. You can also check out the Buy/Sell/Trade section. If you can't find what your looking for PM me and I can tell you where to buy one.

Edited by JJIJR

You can mod .maps without a Jtag/RGH/Dev Kit, but if you want to be able to play mods you need one.

You probably won't get your hands on a Dev Kit, but you can buy a Jtag or RGH for about the price of a normal Xbox. You can also check out the Buy/Sell/Trade section. If you can't find what your looking for PM me and I can tell you where to buy one.

The BST here is pretty weak.  There are some other places to look.

If you're lucky you can get an RGH / JTAG on ebay, but they get taken down quite fast. Other modding sites that have an active BST will be the place to go. 7Sins does have quite a few RGHs selling every now and then, maybe check there?

Seven is a fairly unsafe place to buy, at least from my experience. I'd try over at Xbox-Scene. They police their BST pretty well. Xecuter forums also has lots of installers if you're looking to make your own for a bit cheaper (~$40-50).

Seven is a fairly unsafe place to buy, at least from my experience. I'd try over at Xbox-Scene. They police their BST pretty well. Xecuter forums also has lots of installers if you're looking to make your own for a bit cheaper (~$40-50).

I usually turn to Xbox Scene myself. I'm not as fluent with the RGH but it may be possible to just go pickup a new console an RGH it.

it may be possible to just go pickup a new console an RGH it.

Xecuter forums also has lots of installers if you're looking to make your own for a bit cheaper (~$40-50).

That would be cheaper, but you run the risk of messing up a console like I did the first time I tried so you will end up spending twice what you would if you just buy one pre-modded.

I usually turn to Xbox Scene myself. I'm not as fluent with the RGH but it may be possible to just go pickup a new console an RGH it.

Just following up on myself. I think it's kind of complicated to RGH on recent dashes.

How long ago was this project called "Extryze"? :tongue:

https://github.com/XboxChaos/Assembly/blob/master/src/Blamite/Flexibility/IStructureLayoutVisitor.cs

Also, while I have some experience with WPF I'm not intimately familiar with it. Do any of you have suggestions for videos or tutorials that can help me understand some of the patterns and idioms common to WPF?

Extryze was the name for a few weeks.  Then the DLL part was given that name until we renamed that to blamite.

I believe he is talking about this picture in the OP:

<snip />

Ah, well in that case, no. That's just the shade of green I used on the xbox chaos theme.

Aiie! Just after I started a fork of Assembly for stripping down the GUI for my own Halo editor. :S

What's planned to be different in Atlas? Wasn't the original GUI modeled after Visual Studio to begin with?

Edited by WaeV

What's planned to be different in Atlas? Wasn't the original GUI modeled after Visual Studio to begin with?

Wasn't good enough. The new UI is nearly identical to the dark theme in VS 2013 with docking windows, etc.