Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

AMD

Other
Assembly - Blam Research Tool

127 posts in this topic

Wasn't good enough. The new UI is nearly identical to the dark theme in VS 2013 with docking windows, etc.

Hmm... well I know the windows have really flexible docking, like so:

AExPjNU.png

Although one limitation of the current system is that docking layouts are not preserved across sessions -- it just opens the start page again on next launch.

Some months ago, I forked Assembly, tore out Blamite/XBDMCommunicator, and started using the GUI for my own purposes. (mentioned a few posts up)

However, I really like Atlas' explorer/treeview control. Plus the rewrite is more cleanly coded and thousands of lines smaller. So I'm going to go back, fork Atlas, and redo my GUI.

Before I start making changes specific to my project, I could make improvements to the GUI and submit a pull request, if you'd like. Some of the things I have in mind:

• Remove dependency on P/Invoking that DWM dll, but preserve transparent look. (Simpler, improves performance)
  • Remove redundant grid tags. (Simpler, improves performance)
  • Fix the hitbox on the Maximize button to match Minimize/Close buttons
  • Improve resizing behavior
    • Resize in all eight directions (resize diagonally from all corners)
    • Corner grips resized for better use from touch devices
    • Good resizing performance in all directions
  • Probably some small UI tweaks/fixes as I encounter them
  • Cleanup anything Resharper recommends (indentation, variable name conventions)

I figure you'd like me to submit at least a few of these improvements in a pull request. I can also submit them separately, if you'd like to consider them independently.

Edited by WaeV

Okay, I've fixed most everything I wanted to. Link to the pull request: https://github.com/XboxChaos/Assembly/pull/162

Here are a few additional things which occured to me while working on this...

Unused Assembly code

Why does the Atlas branch include Assembly? Atlas doesn't depend on it to run.

Reusable Library?

It would be great if we could refactor Atlas' GUI into a project-independent library, so we can both continue to use and improve the code. For the moment I'm feeling lazy, and I think a simple fork will suffice.

Edited by WaeV

Hey,

Is it possible to get the latest Assembly version by a download instead via updating? I got Linux/Ubuntu and have to use Wine to make it run but it doesn't update Assembly

Hey,

Is it possible to get the latest Assembly version by a download instead via updating? I got Linux/Ubuntu and have to use Wine to make it run but it doesn't update Assembly

Updated versions can be found here. These are automatically compiled any time new code is pushed to GitHub. The files aren't sorted by date, so make sure you download the one with the highest number (as of the time of this post, this would be assembly_master_release.128.zip).

The updater doesn't do anything anyway because we haven't pushed any updates to it.

Halothreefan likes this

Does anyone know how I can inject sounds into .maps of Halo 3? I tried the other day to add an bipd of a char with Assembly but it didn't do the sounds. Later I tried to extract all the sounds of the char and inject them but that didn't work either.

Is there a version that used to work with that or is there a tut how to inject sounds into .maps?

Thanks

Does anyone know how I can inject sounds into .maps of Halo 3? I tried the other day to add an bipd of a char with Assembly but it didn't do the sounds. Later I tried to extract all the sounds of the char and inject them but that didn't work either.

Is there a version that used to work with that or is there a tut how to inject sounds into .maps?

Thanks

Custom sound injection is actually a rather new discovery, which is detailed here. I believe injecting sounds that were extracted (which is what you are talking about if I understand correctly) is still something that needs to be figured out and implemented. Injecting sounds that were extracted tends to corrupt the map, so as a temporary work-around for that, all sounds are skipped while extracting.

Hello, can expect in the future import and export local text to TXT in UTF8 in Halo Reach ?

Or any tools to export and import encrypted body of text part ?

It is necessary to automate the translation. Since translate every *Map file GUI text is too long and unpromising with assembly GUI.

And another question somebody analyzed the font  ? Somebody could get font in D3D Format (body size very small) One font size h-8000 with TOC, maybe this aka GS Format with swizl.

Sorry for my english.

I hope to help

Edited by Petka12345

is sound injection automated if i inject phantoms now lol ? 

No it isn't...

Would it be possibly to upload the other builds of Assembly, such as atlas because I can't connect to the xeraxic website from australia :(

There isn't anything worth using Atlas for besides its general poker (reach beta gametypes) TBH, its very much unfinished to where you cant even close things without errors popping up.

There isn't anything worth using Atlas for besides its general poker (reach beta gametypes) TBH, its very much unfinished to where you cant even close things without errors popping up.

how would I go about getting that on assembly?81cce6cd8175a24feb0c9fd2b98313a2.jpg

How would I get the latest Experimental update for Assembly? I try and force update but it says I cant, and yes I have the Experimental update selected in settings.

How would I get the latest Experimental update for Assembly? I try and force update but it says I cant, and yes I have the Experimental update selected in settings.

I can send you a copy soon if you'd like.

how would I go about getting that on assembly?

It was only added for Atlas, and due to potential abuse it's probably gonna stay that way.

Professional likes this

It was only added for Atlas, and due to potential abuse it's probably gonna stay that way.

Thats fair enough man.