Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

AMD

Other
Assembly - Blam Research Tool

137 posts in this topic

It was only added for Atlas, and due to potential abuse it's probably gonna stay that way.

oi, back off m8, I'm proud of that feature.

Akarias likes this

I hope AMD will release the halo online standalone modding program soon ! :)

There too many missing information (concerning tags) for H:O on Assembly..

Please add export and import local text data. Need in Reach body encrypted(((

And the question can somebody tell me whether you can turn off the blur in Reach?

Edited by Petka12345

Is there anyway to download the C# source of Assembly from GitHub? I do not see a download feature on GitHub where I can do that.

Is there anyway to download the C# source of Assembly from GitHub? I do not see a download feature on GitHub where I can do that.

If you plan on writing or editing code at all, you really should be using git anyways -- once git is installed, just do "git clone https://github.com/XboxChaos/Assembly.git" from the command-line.

Edit: you need the full URL, no ellipses (stupid forum software).

Alternatively, there is a "Download ZIP" button on the bottom of the far right side of their GitHub page https://github.com/XboxChaos/Assembly

Edited by WaeV

If you plan on writing or editing code at all, you really should be using git anyways -- once git is installed, just do "git clone https://github.com/XboxChaos/Assembly.git" from the command-line.

Edit: you need the full URL, no ellipses (stupid forum software).

Alternatively, there is a "Download ZIP" button on the bottom of the far right side of their GitHub page https://github.com/XboxChaos/Assembly

Thanks, I can't believe I missed that.

Is this windows 10 compatible, i'm planning on updating soon but have no way to see if this will still work?

Edited by forerunner569

Yes, it works fine on Windows 10.

Yeah after all, it was compiled with Visual Studio so Windows 10 should have .NET framework anyways.

forerunner569 likes this

This tool looks really really sweet. I've got a few questions regarding using it to mod Halo 2 Vista maps.

1) Are there any tutorials out there for this program? Tried a handful of Google searches, but nothing really came up.

I'm just looking to do amateur stuff. Projectile swaps. Faster running. Rename weapons. That kinda deal.

2) Could someone help me with tags / plugins?

This is what my tag list looks like for Headlong:

https://goo.gl/photos/kzVzpzkqEJSXg5wi6

If I click "Show unused classes", more tags show up, but they're not usable.

And I'm guessing "unknown_description" isn't the norm.

When attempting to edit the Warthog, my options in the Meta were originally really barren. Just as a hopeful guess, I copied vehi.xml from Assembly\1.0.4817.30869\Plugins\Halo2 and pasted it into the plugin editor, and that presented me with WAY more Meta editing options. Although this is what I wanted, I don't know how to revert it back to its original state. I'd really like to know how to reset to defaults for the times I totally mess things up.

3) How do I test my modded map out?

I placed headlong.map into 

C:\Users\david\Documents\My Games\Halo 2\Maps

but it doesn't show up in the game when I try to choose a custom map. 

---

My Intentions:

I used to have a lot of fun modding offline in Halo 2. I'd grab some friends and we'd play games against each other loaded with swapped textured super weapons. I had a lot of fun editing and playing like that. Sadly my Xbox is no more. I know couch multiplayer isn't a thing on PC, but if modded maps can be shared, I think it would be really awesome to play them with people online. User made maps are pretty great. I just want my creative flavor to be tasted by the community. Is this possible?

I have zero intent to use my edits for cheating. Sadly, Halo 2 Vista servers are down right now, and have been for about a month. Hopefully that will change by the time I've got some maps changed up.

Thanks people.

In the future are we going to be to mod using the hierarchy tree rather than by tag class, the setting option is there but cannot be changed in the lasted versions.

HaloHackBoy likes this

In the future are we going to be to mod using the hierarchy tree rather than by tag class, the setting option is there but cannot be changed in the lasted versions.

To be honest i wouldnt like that, but for the animations of bipeds (jmad) it would be cool

Hello, everyone, I'm still playing Halo 2 Vista, and I'm trying to find an Assembly version that is not too new but now too old since the newer one doesn't work on it for some reason and the older one is more confusing. Who or where can I contact for it?

Hello, everyone, I'm still playing Halo 2 Vista, and I'm trying to find an Assembly version that is not too new but now too old since the newer one doesn't work on it for some reason and the older one is more confusing. Who or where can I contact for it?

What error are you receiving?

What error are you receiving?

It's not working quite simply. The oldest version works. But not the latest, which said something like it doesn't support older models or something. 

It's not working quite simply. The oldest version works. But not the latest, which said something like it doesn't support older models or something. 

You need to give more details in exactly how it is not working..

You need to give more details in exactly how it is not working..

For example, I would go to scnr, try to change my secondary weapon to a rocket launcher and then the primary weapon would fail to appear and the secondary weapon wouldn't be swappable to. Or change the number of AIs and nothing would happen. 

connorlawd means to say that the exact text of the error message is very helpful when trying to diagnose a problem.

Where you said "something like it doesn't support older models or something", can you find out *exactly* what it said and get back to us?

connorlawd means to say that the exact text of the error message is very helpful when trying to diagnose a problem. Where you said "something like it doesn't support older models or something", can you find out *exactly* what it said and get back to us?

Sure, when the update feature turns on from the very old 2013 version I see this. And when I update it, all other actions I make to maps are ineffective. The older version is missing features I need. 

post-20848-0-37700500-1448851889_thumb.p

So when you said "I'm trying to find an Assembly version that is not too new but now too old since the newer one doesn't work on it for some reason" you meant "since the newer one doesn't work on [Windows XP] for some reason"?

Windows XP support has been abandoned by Microsoft and 99% of the developer community. Assembly now requires the .Net Framework 4.5 which is only supported by Vista or later.

If you're on the last version of Assembly with XP support, there are no newer versions which will work for you.

Edited by WaeV

So when you said "I'm trying to find an Assembly version that is not too new but now too old since the newer one doesn't work on it for some reason" you meant "since the newer one doesn't work on [Windows XP] for some reason"?

Windows XP support has been abandoned by Microsoft and 99% of the developer community. Assembly now requires the .Net Framework 4.5 which is only supported by Vista or later.

If you're on the last version of Assembly with XP support, there are no newer versions which will work for you.

Well then I have one computer with windows 8.1 but I'm not sure why it doesn't seem to work on this one either. 

For example, On map Delta Approach, I tried to spawn more AI friendlies but there is no effect. 

On the map Gas giant with the arbiter, I can't switch weapons or anything. and this is windows 8.1 

Whats The best version of Assembly to use to mod Eldorado halo online 6.0?

5 hours ago, jackrabbit72380 said:

Whats The best version of Assembly to use to mod Eldorado halo online 6.0?

Use this build, or the one from zedds github.

If you need some tagnames here is mine: Link 

Just rename it as the m23 tag list name and it will work fine.