Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

AMD

Other
Assembly - Blam Research Tool

137 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Akarias said:

Use this build, or the one from zedds github.

If you need some tagnames here is mine: Link 

Just rename it as the m23 tag list name and it will work fine.

great & thanks where do i put the csv file?

can you tell me what tag i need to edit to mess with the hud scaleing?

uhd scales fine but if i go up one notch to 4k the hud does not scale correctly and thats what im trying ot fix.

Edited by jackrabbit72380

I tried editing the .hsc script in some reach map files.

But every time I click "Save and Compile", Assembly throws a message at me with the Header "go away" and the info "gameleak gtfo".

I hope someone can point me in the right direction, I really would like to tinker with the scripts they look very promising.

Assembly does not have a script compiler.

There is more to editing scripts than just hitting a compile button. It was placed there as a joke years ago. 

You can either learn to edit scripts manually or wait until I finish a more user friendly and feature complete compiler. 

Edited by Akarias

Damn, that's a mean joke... I was quite excited about the possibility to " just hit a compile button" : (

I know a bit about coding so the decompiled version looked like a dream to mess with. But my guess is I would need knowledge of reverse engineering to do anything useful there?

So how would I start with manually editing them? I already searched the forums but couldn't find anything. Can you give me some address where I can find out more?

Oh and is there any real possibility of a compiler or was this another joke? I mean the game exists for a while now, are there people still working on assembly?

it took me months of head banging, akarias guided me some but its a big learning curve manually compiling scripts. there is currently a halo 3 script compiler in the works if you can wait for that though

if you want to start looking, its all in the Script Expressions block in scnr tag

Edited by blackdimund

With Halo: Reach and the MCC finally coming to PC this year, will Assembly be updated so that it can modify the PC port of Reach and the MCC?  I would personally love to be able to mod Halo Reach so that the weapons in the campaign feel more like the weapons of Halo CE with more damage and higher ammo reserves.

1 hour ago, CabooseSayzWTF said:

When I use the built in updater and the updater zedd sent me a few weeks ago it always says a build from like 2016 so eh 

2016 is the latest "official" binaries until I'm satisfied with the dev branch.