Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

lock

Support
Npcs Added By Mod With Strange Faces

13 posts in this topic

I converted the Jobs of Skyrim mod from Skyrim Nexus to my RGH Xbox. The mod worked well but the face of the new NPCs are VERY estrange with different colors and multi-faced npcs. I don't know what to do.

Joaotailson likes this

I converted the Jobs of Skyrim mod from Skyrim Nexus to my RGH Xbox. The mod worked well but the face of the new NPCs are VERY estrange with different colors and multi-faced npcs. I don't know what to do.

If you followed the tut correctly, then it should work fine. However, some mods will never work. There is a ton of scripts in Skyrim PC that don't work on the Xbox 360 version. Generally,advanced mods like these wont work on the Xbox 360. Funny or glitched outcomes are inevitable. 

lock likes this

I had a similar problem with frostfall, but i edited the nif files in the meshes folder with NifSkope and the meshes worked. But with this mod i tried to edit the nif files, no sucess. Tried to rezise the textures to 256x256, but the textures are in this size.

There is nothing for me to do ? .-.

Forgive my english :)

I had a similar problem with frostfall, but i edited the nif files in the meshes folder with NifSkope and the meshes worked. But with this mod i tried to edit the nif files, no sucess. Tried to rezise the textures to 256x256, but the textures are in this size.

There is nothing for me to do ? .-.

Forgive my english :smile:

It really is hard to say. Some times mods simply aren't compatible. Are you loading it from a DLC or the data folder?

lock likes this

I tried to load with a DLC file and i tried to put the folders in the data too. The same problem with the face of the npcs on both. I can start the quest that the NPCs give but the only problem is with their faces.

Edited by lock

That's because npcs with custom faces need FaceGenData meshes, or you'll get grey faces.

Since those meshes are from the pc version, they don't work on the xbox, same as armors, etc

You can delete the FaceGenData meshes and get the grey faces, not an ideal solution, but way better.

lock likes this

That's because npcs with custom faces need FaceGenData meshes, or you'll get grey faces.

Since those meshes are from the pc version, they don't work on the xbox, same as armors, etc

You can delete the FaceGenData meshes and get the grey faces, not an ideal solution, but way better.

Thanks man ! It's MUCH better to have some gray faces than ugly distorted faces.

Problem solved.

I'm glad your problem is solved, but there might be an even better way.

I never tested it, but if you have the creation kit you can make your new npc appearance linked to an existing npc appearance (any change in the base npc affects the new one). That should solve the problem completely, because your npc will use the FaceGenData from the base npc (already in the vanilla game). The downside is that he'll no longer have an unique face.

Edited by pcaquercia
lock likes this

I'm glad your problem is solved, but there might be an even better way.

I never tested it, but if you have the creation kit you can make your new npc appearance linked to an existing npc appearance (any change in the base npc affects the new one). That should solve the problem completely, because your npc will use the FaceGenData from the base npc (already in the vanilla game). The downside is that he'll no longer have an unique face.

I'll try it then. If i solve it, i'll post here. I don't have experience in the creation kit, but i will explore a bit and try. Thanks again !

Edited by lock

Exactly what i need. Thanks for the third time haha. If i get new results, i post here.Just one little question: Do I need to have Skyrim installed on my computer ?

yeah. You need it in order to use the skyrim creation kit.
lock likes this