Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JACKEDJAMES123

Support
I Need Help, Can Someone Answer A Few Questions.

14 posts in this topic

I've been reading this forum, google, and a few more forums and I can't seem to get a straight answer from ANYONE anywhere on the net. I have an xbox 360 and I want to know if I can get mods, ANY mods at all on my console.

I have read about JTAG/GHG consoles but I dont really get it at all haha, Is it a specefic type of console or something to do with the motherboard, etc?? Im pretty confused on that aspect.

I've seen some older tutorials that say it is possible but the video was outdated by a new patch and since the 1.9 patch I havent seen a good tutorial and I really haven't gotten any direct answers.

So is it possible? Can you help haha.

Im sure threads like this pop up all the time ( I cant find any good ones haha) so please dont flame me or anything its just a question.

thank you ahead of time.

Ok, let me explain first what a JTAG and RGH (not GHG lol) consoles are.

They are normal retail Xbox 360s that have been modified both physically, with a Modchip, or some extra components, and their software has been modified as well, it has been replaced with software that allows the Xbox to play games and applications (such as an emulator or menu system) that it would not normally allow to play.

This means that someone who uses a JTAG or RGH can do a lot more with their console such as, play modified games, play homebrew games, run emulators and pretty much any other app that is compatible with the Xbox.

You cannot go online with either as they will be banned almost instantaneously, so do not mod an console that you want to continue using normally online, because that will not happen.

If you are interested in obtaining one, then I would say it would be better for you to buy one rather than make one. It is very easy for someone new to this to fuck up their console and have it unusable completely, unless you know what you are doing, but you do not seem to.

If you are wondering the difference between a JTAG and an RGH, basically the RGH does the same (few extras) but the main thing is it is basically an updated version of the JTAG mod, it can run on later software versions (that will be the 1.9 patch thing you are talking about), and also slim consoles, so I would search for an RGH rather than a JTAG if you are looking to buy one. It is also more likely you will find an RGH as JTAGs are harder to make as you have to find an 360 that has not been updated much to make one.

When you get a modded console, you will want to look up Freestyle Dash, or Xexmenu (I prefer xexmenu), or any other replacement dash for your console. It is free software that your modded console can boot into, allowing you to easily run games and apps, plus it normally includes some cool features like a file explorer so you can easily move files and programs around from USB drives to HDDs etc.

You may also here about XDKs. These are Xbox Development Kits, they can do a few more things, but don't bother looking for one, because the extra features will most likely not be of any interest to you, and they are MUCH harder to find, and MUCH more expensive ($500 is cheap for an XDK).

About where to look for them: don't bother with eBay. If you are lucky you may find one, but eBay are anus dwellers and take down the listings pretty quickly.

I would look around some Xbox Modding Sites in the Buy / Sell / Trade sections of the forums (of B/S/T). I would look at Se7ensins B/S/T (as much as it pains me to say it). Maybe craigslist, but be careful about buying something that may not work.

If you have any other questions, just post them here I will be happy to answer them when I have time.

Thunder likes this

There are some mods you can do on normal consoles.  These are generally much more limited because we only modify the user created content like save games and gametypes.

What you can do with them is limited, however, you can look at something like http://liberty.codeplex.com/ to get an example of a tool built to modify halo save games.

You can also look at Halo 4 Gun Game.  That's a gametype mod that works on retails.

These mods will also work online.

There are some mods you can do on normal consoles.  These are generally much more limited because we only modify the user created content like save games and gametypes.

What you can do with them is limited, however, you can look at something like http://liberty.codeplex.com/ to get an example of a tool built to modify halo save games.

You can also look at Halo 4 Gun Game.  That's a gametype mod that works on retails.

These mods will also work online.

Skyrim section, not Halo :P

Skyrim section, not Halo :P

You act like I wasn't aware.

I was just stating a fact that some form of retail nodding is possible. You can export skyrim saves and use them in the PC version and use the console on said saves. My examples were just that. I didn't feel that saying all mods require a jtag/rgh to be accurate.

Ok, let me explain first what a JTAG and RGH (not GHG lol) consoles are.

They are normal retail Xbox 360s that have been modified both physically, with a Modchip, or some extra components, and their software has been modified as well, it has been replaced with software that allows the Xbox to play games and applications (such as an emulator or menu system) that it would not normally allow to play.

This means that someone who uses a JTAG or RGH can do a lot more with their console such as, play modified games, play homebrew games, run emulators and pretty much any other app that is compatible with the Xbox.

You cannot go online with either as they will be banned almost instantaneously, so do not mod an console that you want to continue using normally online, because that will not happen.

If you are interested in obtaining one, then I would say it would be better for you to buy one rather than make one. It is very easy for someone new to this to fuck up their console and have it unusable completely, unless you know what you are doing, but you do not seem to.

If you are wondering the difference between a JTAG and an RGH, basically the RGH does the same (few extras) but the main thing is it is basically an updated version of the JTAG mod, it can run on later software versions (that will be the 1.9 patch thing you are talking about), and also slim consoles, so I would search for an RGH rather than a JTAG if you are looking to buy one. It is also more likely you will find an RGH as JTAGs are harder to make as you have to find an 360 that has not been updated much to make one.

When you get a modded console, you will want to look up Freestyle Dash, or Xexmenu (I prefer xexmenu), or any other replacement dash for your console. It is free software that your modded console can boot into, allowing you to easily run games and apps, plus it normally includes some cool features like a file explorer so you can easily move files and programs around from USB drives to HDDs etc.

You may also here about XDKs. These are Xbox Development Kits, they can do a few more things, but don't bother looking for one, because the extra features will most likely not be of any interest to you, and they are MUCH harder to find, and MUCH more expensive ($500 is cheap for an XDK).

About where to look for them: don't bother with eBay. If you are lucky you may find one, but eBay are anus dwellers and take down the listings pretty quickly.

I would look around some Xbox Modding Sites in the Buy / Sell / Trade sections of the forums (of B/S/T). I would look at Se7ensins B/S/T (as much as it pains me to say it). Maybe craigslist, but be careful about buying something that may not work.

If you have any other questions, just post them here I will be happy to answer them when I have time.

Hot damn haha thats a very detailed answer thank you!!!

I'll look into buying one since I only have my online console right now.

So when I do buy it since I cant log in to XBL or anything will I have to transfer the Xexmenu from my pc to the console right???

Now It was mentioned that I could mod skyrim on a much smaller scale for my console. I know I couldn't get any out of the world texture mods or anything like that but what could I get or is it even worth it???

Hey thanks again you guys seriously, I posted this in another forum at the same time I made this thread and Im still over there raging out over the stupidity and hate that I got haha

So when I do buy it since I cant log in to XBL or anything will I have to transfer the Xexmenu from my pc to the console right???

Correct. However, there are better alternatives like the xbdm plugin that will allow you to in addition launch games from your PC.

Now It was mentioned that I could mod skyrim on a much smaller scale for my console. I know I couldn't get any out of the world texture mods or anything like that but what could I get or is it even worth it???

This would likely be savegame modding.   You can't do anything that would add gameplay or change the actual scenery.   The most you could probably do assign yourself any quest in the game and change your level and health values.

Correct. However, there are better alternatives like the xbdm plugin that will allow you to in addition launch games from your PC.

This would likely be savegame modding.   You can't do anything that would add gameplay or change the actual scenery.   The most you could probably do assign yourself any quest in the game and change your level and health values.

Ok so I could pretty much just give myself all the stuff in the game ( items, skill points, etc) well not all but you know what I mean, gold and what not. I didnt think the 360 was able to run the landscape mods and things like that but just in case I asked anyway haha.

Where could I find a way to do that until I find a new console?? I know I'll have extract the game file but from there I have NOOO idea what im doing. 

I was looking into a badass gaming PC BUUUTTTTTT It'll run me a few grand apparently and thats pricey for a college kid who just got his first place lol.

When I get the console ( should be in the next few weeks haha) I'll probably post a new thread on the site and figure all the stuff out.

Ok so I could pretty much just give myself all the stuff in the game ( items, skill points, etc) well not all but you know what I mean, gold and what not. I didnt think the 360 was able to run the landscape mods and things like that but just in case I asked anyway haha.

Where could I find a way to do that until I find a new console?? I know I'll have extract the game file but from there I have NOOO idea what im doing. 

I was looking into a badass gaming PC BUUUTTTTTT It'll run me a few grand apparently and thats pricey for a college kid who just got his first place lol.

When I get the console ( should be in the next few weeks haha) I'll probably post a new thread on the site and figure all the stuff out.

There's allot of tutorials on YouTube on how to mod Skyrim with a usb. You can also build a gaming pc for under $1000 quite easily :P

There's allot of tutorials on YouTube on how to mod Skyrim with a usb. You can also build a gaming pc for under $1000 quite easily :tongue:

My issue is the tutorials Im finding are either outdated or link me to a virus.....which is getting on my nervs haha damn youtube assholes!!

Technically there are ways to build your own homes and stuff via gamesave. I have seen this in Fallout, which probably means it is possible in skyrim. However, I'm not exactly sure how. Fallout NV Gamesave Example

Edited by JJIJR

Technically there are ways to build your own homes and stuff via gamesave. I have seen this in Fallout, which probably means it is possible in skyrim. However, I'm not exactly sure how. Fallout NV Gamesave Example

Building your own homes and such is possible via game save in skyrim. Ik a guy who use to mod skyrim game saves to do all kinds of cool stuff that I didn't even think was possible from a game save.

Ok SOOOOOOOO haha I got a pretty nasty trojan the other day, got pissed, and overall said screw the internet for a few days.

Now down to business!!!

Can anyone point me in the right direction to figure out how to mod a game save for skyrim??

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0