Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OrangeMohawk

Retail
Implementing Object Attaching System

6 posts in this topic

11198158566_6afce8d0c7_h.jpg

I know it's a crappy picture, but whatever.

This is based on Matt's Halo 4 Object Attaching System.

While a copy-paste to Reach would have been lovely, there are a few things that are different between the two games, such as no Scratch Variables and no User-Data in Reach.

Note that the trigger code used here was written with the newest ksoft at the time of writing this (5040.43099). If you need it in the previous version, just comment and I can convert it for you.

1. Add these to the StringTable:

<String name="attach_base">    <String>attach_base</String></String><String name="attachment">    <String>attachment</String></String>

2. Add these to the ObjectFilters:

<Filter labelIndex="attach_base" name="attach_base" /><Filter labelIndex="attachment" name="attachment" />

3. Add this Trigger at the end of the Triggers:

<Trigger execMode="OnObjectFilter" name="TriggerAttach" objectFilter="attach_base">  <Elements>    <E type="Action" name="VariableOperation">      <Param type="VarReference" varRefKind="Object" varRefType="ExplicitObjectType" dataType="GlobalObject0" />      <Param type="VarReference" varRefKind="Object" varRefType="ExplicitObjectType" dataType="Iterator.Object" />      <Param type="OperationType">Set</Param>    </E>    <E type="Action" name="ActivateTrigger">      <Param type="TriggerReference">        <T type="Trigger" trigType="Subroutine" execMode="OnObjectFilter" objectFilter="attachment">          <Elements>            <E type="Condition" name="Comparison" unionGroupID="-2">              <Param type="VarReference" varRefKind="Custom" varRefType="SpawnSequence" dataType="GlobalObject0" />              <Param type="VarReference" varRefKind="Custom" varRefType="SpawnSequence" dataType="Iterator.Object" />              <Param type="ComparisonType">Equal</Param>            </E>            <E type="Action" name="ObjectAttach">              <Param type="ObjectReference" varRefType="ExplicitObjectType" dataType="Iterator.Object" />              <Param type="ObjectReference" varRefType="ExplicitObjectType" dataType="GlobalObject0" />              <Param type="Point3d" x="0" y="0" z="0" />              <Param type="Bool">True</Param>            </E>          </Elements>        </T>      </Param>    </E>  </Elements></Trigger>

When you are all done, your attaching system should work! :smile:

In forge, add the label "attach_base" to the parent object and "attachment" to the child object.

Since there is no user-data in Reach, I substituted in Spawn Sequence, so setting the spawn sequence to 2 for a parent and child will attach the two and keep it separate from items with those labels that have a different spawn sequence.

Example: Slayer

I know Reach isn't as popular for megalo modding as Halo 4, but if you have any questions, comments, etc. don't be afraid to comment here!

Pfeuff and Zone like this

Not sure if anybody cares, but the gametypes I have already released on Halo Reach use, maybe less conventionally, "attach_base" and "attachment"   :unsure: .

updated the OP to use those since not a lot of modded gametypes are out for Reach  :smile:

7ime likes this

I wonder, i should go back to halo reach and start modding firefight with sunburst until an editor comes out for it, i miss firefight. ;(

I know, lets try to mod it back into halo 4. lolz, I know not possible without rgh/jtag and probably would be hard with it. 

Edited by Cosmic lightning

I wonder, i should go back to halo reach and start modding firefight with sunburst until an editor comes out for it, i miss firefight. ;(

I know, lets try to mod it back into halo 4. lolz, I know not possible without rgh/jtag and probably would be hard with it.

KSoft should be able to modify firefight gametypes too but only basic parts of it.

KSoft should be able to modify firefight gametypes too but only basic parts of it.

It always says an error for me, saying survival ... So it apparently can't decode it yet. ;(