Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

7ime

Gametype
Mythic Slayer Gametypes [V1.50]

315 posts in this topic

TrustySn00ze, I was wondering if you might be able to add some of the following items into the next version...

Not possible, sorry. That's only for modded consoles.

It is just as Teancum pointed out... unless you're some kind of wizard, there's no way you'll get what you're asking for on retail via modded gametypes.

(in case you hadn't noticed, this whole thread's topic is about gametype modding, and not .map modding)

Edited by Pfeuff

Is there a way to get rid of the visible boundary of -7 sequence detatch zones in custom games or theatre?  I need to do this for a machima.

the detach zone lable set to 5 is suppose to set the players team to none sadly this does not work im really sad because i wanted this in my minigame

how to replicate bug:

create a detach zone and set it to 4 set it to any team create a new detach zone set it to 5 and go into it after you went in the other one you will stay on that team it wont be set to none :c

you said you wont be adding anything can you still fix bugs? also tell me if im doing something wrong

the detach zone lable set to 5 is suppose to set the players team to none sadly this does not work im really sad because i wanted this in my minigame

how to replicate bug:

create a detach zone and set it to 4 set it to any team create a new detach zone set it to 5 and go into it after you went in the other one you will stay on that team it wont be set to none :c

you said you wont be adding anything can you still fix bugs? also tell me if im doing something wrong

Sets the players team to none?

Read it again...

detach_zone Filter;

detaches objects within the zone,

if the spawn sequence is 5 it will change the team of objects to none, object must match teams, only in V1.33

Edited by Pfeuff

"if the spawn sequence is 4 it will change the team of objects based on the object's team, only in V1.33"

this works with players to also works in FFA

"if the spawn sequence is 5 it will change the team of objects to none, object must match teams, only in V1.33"

ok so i tested this with a respawn point that was on red team put it in the boundery and set the hill marker to red team and it worked players with no team respawned there and the players that i set to red team did not respawn there it works but i just dont under stand why it does not work for players.

all want to do is set a players team to none if i get a detach zone and set the spawn sequence to 4 and make the team nutral it makes the player friendly to every one

Edited by Glitch head

"if the spawn sequence is 4 it will change the team of objects based on the object's team, only in V1.33"

this works with players to also works in FFA

"if the spawn sequence is 5 it will change the team of objects to none, object must match teams, only in V1.33"

ok so i tested this with a respawn point that was on red team put it in the boundery and set the hill marker to red team and it worked players with no team respawned there and the players that i set to red team did not respawn there it works but i just dont under stand why it does not work for players.

all want to do is set a players team to none if i get a detach zone and set the spawn sequence to 4 and make the team nutral it makes the player friendly to every one

So what you're trying to do is have players set to no team, in a team variant, making them FFA players? As far I know, this just isn't physically possible. You can only have either neutral players, or team players in a gametype, not both... and before you say Infection, that gametype actually has teams enabled (*human team* colours are disabled). Humans are set to defending team (red), and zombies are set to attacking team (blue).

Whatever you're trying to do, it may require writing a new trigger in the variant files megalo section.

Edited by Pfeuff
Removed reference to off-topic posts
Thunder, Kaotic and 7ime like this

So what you're trying to do is have players set to no team, in a team variant, making them FFA players? As far I know, this just isn't physically possible. You can only have either neutral players, or team players in a gametype, not both... and before you say Infection, that gametype actually has teams enabled (team colours are disabled). Humans are set to defending team (red), and zombies are set to attacking team (blue).

Whatever you're trying to do, it may require writing a new trigger in the variant files megalo section.

At the same time however what if the game started out as FFA but a detach_4 set a team to Red or Blue, one might want a way to no longer be part of that team and return to FFA, I haven't quite figured out how to do so but I've been looking into this for a bit now

On a side note, anyone else have issues with the spartans/elites spawned through the spawner -1 through -12 not respawning ? Using 1.50 Kilo? (I used hill markers, respawn set to 5)

It worked perfectly in 1.32 but seems to not function right now, my guess is because the hill marker becomes attached to the spawned biped and is pretty much deleted either when it attaches to the (spartan in this case) or when said spartan dies, idk I can't seem to figure anything out to resolve this, grenades work to an extent but later result in multiple respawns so I'm at a lose

Edited by OrangeMohawk
Removed reference to off-topic posts

"At the same time however what if the game started out as FFA but a detach_4 set a team to Red or Blue, one might want a way to no longer be part of that team and return to FFA, I haven't quite figured out how to do so but I've been looking into this for a bit now"

thats exactly what im trying to say and do my problem is that detach_5 will not make players FFA.

At the same time however what if the game started out as FFA but a detach_4 set a team to Red or Blue, one might want a way to no longer be part of that team and return to FFA, I haven't quite figured out how to do so but I've been looking into this for a bit now

On a side note, anyone else have issues with the spartans/elites spawned through the spawner -1 through -12 not respawning ? Using 1.50 Kilo? (I used hill markers, respawn set to 5)

It worked perfectly in 1.32 but seems to not function right now, my guess is because the hill marker becomes attached to the spawned biped and is pretty much deleted either when it attaches to the (spartan in this case) or when said spartan dies, idk I can't seem to figure anything out to resolve this, grenades work to an extent but later result in multiple respawns so I'm at a lose

"At the same time however what if the game started out as FFA but a detach_4 set a team to Red or Blue, one might want a way to no longer be part of that team and return to FFA, I haven't quite figured out how to do so but I've been looking into this for a bit now"

thats exactly what im trying to say and do my problem is that detach_5 will not make players FFA.

Again... you can't have ffa/neutral and team players in the same variant, it's either one or the other, not both, that's just how gametypes work. There's a section somewhere in the megalo script that checks if teams are enabled or disabled. If teams are enabled, then all players will be assigned to a team, and if teams are disabled, then everyone is a lone wolf.

Figure something else out... get creative.

Edited by Pfeuff

it is possible to have teams in a FFA game (the teams option in the gametype is off) get a hill marker set it to a detach zone set the spawn sequence to 4 set the team to red team in the hill maker options make a duplicate and set it to blue team have a friend walk in the red team zone and then you now you will be allies you can also bro spawn if your friend goes into the blue team zone you can now kill each other... it is possible.

The game will ignore anything team-based in FFA. It works like a light switch. Off is FFA, on is Team. I don't remember if Reach as the ability to set the color separate from the team, but that might be possible. Also, bro spawning is Team only.

The game will ignore anything team-based in FFA. It works like a light switch. Off is FFA, on is Team. I don't remember if Reach as the ability to set the color separate from the team, but that might be possible. Also, bro spawning is Team only.

Exactly, it's ream only, yet if you start the game as FFA and have a couple players enter let's say detach_zone 4 set to Red team, those players could then spawn on each other, do the same with a detach_zone 4 set to blue and you will get the same results but they can't spawn on Red players or FFA players, those on FFA can't spawn on anyone.

And FFA/Neutral are two different things, if you join the neutral team you are allied to every team, obviously not FFA then. Anything I'm saying only applies to the FFA variant of the game, I don't know if the zones have much of an effect if teams are actually enabled.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that teams exist the scoreboard still shows all results as FFA but those zones definitely give you everything else pertaining to teams, from betrayal booting to betrayal point lose and yes even bed spawning even though teams are disabled

I'm just saying the game starts with the team set to none, if altered there must be a way to return to this state? But perhaps there really isn't and after your "assigned" a team you may be unable to remove that effect

7ime likes this

Is it just me or can you not auto pick up weapons after youve detached your primary with a hill marker spawn sequence 0 (Sparty Slayer v.1.32) p.s. is SvE 1.5 more up to date than Sparty 1.32?

Is it just me or can you not auto pick up weapons after youve detached your primary with a hill marker spawn sequence 0 (Sparty Slayer v.1.32) p.s. is SvE 1.5 more up to date than Sparty 1.32?

If I'm not mistaken despite being unarmed you still have to hold X (or w/e you use to pick up weapons) but I can't say for certain as I switched to using detached? to disarm players instead, 0 felt a little glitchy for me

Anyhow SvE Mythic Slayer V1.50 Kilo is the most up to date version. If you've been using Sparty Mythic Slayer V1.32 and plan to take the upgrade it will require reforging maps as the spawn sequences have changed between 1.32 and 1.50

Unfortunately Spartan and Elite variants have been left at 1.32 so you can't restrict a players species (unless teams are on, then it's team controlled) but overall SvE Mythic Slayer 1.50 is more updated/stable than previous builds

Edited by Sparky56p

If I'm not mistaken despite being unarmed you still have to hold X (or w/e you use to pick up weapons) but I can't say for certain as I switched to using detached? to disarm players instead, 0 felt a little glitchy for me

Anyhow SvE Mythic Slayer V1.50 Kilo is the most up to date version. If you've been using Sparty Mythic Slayer V1.32 and plan to take the upgrade it will require reforging maps as the spawn sequences have changed between 1.32 and 1.50

Unfortunately Spartan and Elite variants have been left at 1.32 so you can't restrict a players species (unless teams are on, then it's team controlled) but overall SvE Mythic Slayer 1.50 is more updated/stable than previous builds

Hm on PropHumt maps thwy have weapon auto pickup with v.1.27 SvE Mythic, and I used all the new mythic slayer gametypes on that map and they all pick the weapom up automatically if you're weapoms are detached. Now that beimg said, on the map, I tore it apart amd found nothing special to denote this feature, so I was wondering why this wasnt working in my map.

how to replicate bug:

I've looked into this, I've changed a mistake, and it still doesn't seem to work.  Maybe it can't be changed back to FFA.  And for the record, when teams are off you can still have teams, just like in Infection and my Strife gametype.  You just can't have team scoring.

As we have talked, I think it might be the map you're placing them on because they work fine for me on a map without much else.  Using a grenade as a spawn is indeed a bad idea as well.

Just use spawn sequence 2 or 3 instead in order to truly drop their weapons.

And here you have the updated versions of Covy and Sparty M.S.

Covy Mythic Slayer V1.50 Lima

Sparty Mythic Slayer V1.50 Lima

And when you follow those links you might just also happen to run into a brand new SvE Mythic Infection.  Mythic Infection topic.

Edited by 7ime
ScriptType likes this

Awesome! Works like a charm! Also love the new gametypes! You're one of the few people that keep Reach interesting! Thank you.

Ok so I would like to touch up on the situation above since I'm experiencing the same issue as well although I cant seem to find where you have disscussed about this, sorry. As mentioned you're earlier version of the game type 1.32 used to have a 1 second respawn where it didn't have an animation when killed almost like a hologram, although since the newer version released there is now an animation showing there dead body as well as lasting up to 30 seconds on respawn. I would like to know how to solve this as I'm working on a shooting range sorry for my stupidity. And I have also checked it's not the map as I've tried this on the normal forge world.

All right, sorry if this is out of topic:

How do I resign gametypes to my profile?

I want to have this gametype for my JTAGed Xbox.

All right, sorry if this is out of topic:

How do I resign gametypes to my profile?

I want to have this gametype for my JTAGed Xbox.

Do you have Horizon installed on a computer?

By any possibility, do you plan on making the NPCs capable of moving and fighting? It seems pretty silly to have something as great as this mod and not have the NPCs incapable of moving or fighting, because if you did do this, it would lead to great ideas that would benefit players in a variety of ways.

By any possibility, do you plan on making the NPCs capable of moving and fighting? It seems pretty silly to have something as great as this mod and not have the NPCs incapable of moving or fighting, because if you did do this, it would lead to great ideas that would benefit players in a variety of ways.

no it can't be done. ai code is in the xex and .map so cannot be done through a gametype.

7ime likes this