Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

7ime

Gametype
Mythic Slayer Gametypes [V1.50]

299 posts in this topic

Just remember, gametypes on retail consoles are limited to what is already on the map. What is on the map can be altered in many ways, but adding items that don't already exist on the map is not going to happen on retail.

Well is there a way that the spawn sequence in the spire, can be similar to lord zedd's better pelican in spire

i don't really like the glitchy pelican just saying but when i saw one of Trustysn00ze screenshot was there was no falcon piloting. it just like lord zedd's pelican. 

Great work man.. this is amazing. Would the object chaining mod fit in your gametype? I was wondering why I havent seen any mods that enable both parent/child attachment and object chaining in the same gametype. Are they incompatible? For example: it would be fantastic to be able to chain a coliseum wall behind banshee, creating a flying platform that can move player/vehicles.

Thanks agian for all your work.

Edited by HaloReach'Around

Well is there a way that the spawn sequence in the spire, can be similar to lord zedd's better pelican in spire

i don't really like the glitchy pelican just saying but when i saw one of Trustysn00ze screenshot was there was no falcon piloting. it just like lord zedd's pelican. 

No I don't believe so, although I am not familiar with what Lord Zedd had to add to get it to work in that manner.  The screenshot in question is misleading, it is only me in the turret and nobody is actually piloting it.  When in the turret, only the host and the person in it can actually see it shooting.  With a lot of work I believe someone could make the Pelican fly in a specific path with a nice animation, but pilot-able is unlikely.

Great work man.. this is amazing. Would the object chaining mod fit in your gametype? I was wondering why I havent seen any mods that enable both parent/child attachment and object chaining in the same gametype. Are they incompatible? For example: it would be fantastic to be able to chain a coliseum wall behind banshee, creating a flying platform that can move player/vehicles.

Thanks agian for all your work.

Maybe I've been overlooking object chaining but I didn't think it would be that useful considering you would only be able to have one or two chains per label if I'm not mistaken.  Regardless, I have hit the limit of object labels I can implement so something else would have to go then.

Hey, I have a few suggestions that you may consider for future versions of the SVE mod.

1. Implementing a spawn sequence for:

-The "anniversary doll", as well as the "grunt in a barrel" for use in the maps like Penance, Battle Canyon or Ridgeline.

-The seagulls and the fish on Tempest

-Trees (out of map "2D" counts)

2. (Unaware if already fully searched) Search the Forgeworld coding for:

-Different Crates such as the half open/ fully open covenant crates

-The Covenant antenna prop

-The pallet prop

-Covenant stool prop

-Trees (as already stated: "2D" is still a technically a tree)

-etc. 

These were suggestions- not a request. However, the idea of having these things makes me drool a little... But as I said, I am unaware if you have already attempted such or just don't find reason to. Thanks so far and I hope you can continue to impress!

I want to make some suggestions:

Make the knife act like a sword when used.

You know there is a Detach Zone that allows you to take the Spartan knife and hold it like a Sword, but it doesn't do anything.

I mean, you can't attack with it.

It'll be a good idea to make it act like the energy sword.

Also, IDK if this was changed, but the Bipeds always change the color depending on which visor color your Spartan has.

This should be changed to make the Bipeds have their own colors.

Elite Ultra (White) for example.

These are just suggestions, not requests.

Hey, I have a few suggestions that you may consider for future versions of the SVE mod.

1. Implementing a spawn sequence for:

-The "anniversary doll", as well as the "grunt in a barrel" for use in the maps like Penance, Battle Canyon or Ridgeline.

-The seagulls and the fish on Tempest

-Trees (out of map "2D" counts)

2. (Unaware if already fully searched) Search the Forgeworld coding for:

-Different Crates such as the half open/ fully open covenant crates

-The Covenant antenna prop

-The pallet prop

-Covenant stool prop

-Trees (as already stated: "2D" is still a technically a tree)

-etc. 

These were suggestions- not a request. However, the idea of having these things makes me drool a little... But as I said, I am unaware if you have already attempted such or just don't find reason to. Thanks so far and I hope you can continue to impress!

Unfortunately what I can spawn through gametype modding is limited and what is actually in the map file is even more limited.  I don't believe anything you mentioned can be spawned through a gametype.

I want to make some suggestions:

Make the knife act like a sword when used.

You know there is a Detach Zone that allows you to take the Spartan knife and hold it like a Sword, but it doesn't do anything.

I mean, you can't attack with it.

It'll be a good idea to make it act like the energy sword.

Also, IDK if this was changed, but the Bipeds always change the color depending on which visor color your Spartan has.

This should be changed to make the Bipeds have their own colors.

Elite Ultra (White) for example.

These are just suggestions, not requests.

The knife could maybe be attached to a small energy sword, although as stated earlier this specific gametype has hit it's limit and is unlikely to receive an update without something being removed.

As for the bipeds, their colors change on their own and there are no plans on changing this if even possible.

Thanks for all of your interests.

Ah, this is understandable.

Although, there is one more suggestion. That being: Is there not a way to have custom colors in forge?

Halo 4 demonstrated this ability (in tone in which I acknowledge Halo 4 and Halo: Reach are two completely different games), which leads me to question the possibility being on Reach as well... I don't know if this is possible, and  I don't expect for you to know- but I am curious.

Although, there is one more suggestion. That being: Is there not a way to have custom colors in forge?

Halo 4 demonstrated this ability (in tone in which I acknowledge Halo 4 and Halo: Reach are two completely different games), which leads me to question the possibility being on Reach as well... I don't know if this is possible, and  I don't expect for you to know- but I am curious.

I agree with him why can't we have custom colors?

No I don't believe so, although I am not familiar with what Lord Zedd had to add to get it to work in that manner.  The screenshot in question is misleading, it is only me in the turret and nobody is actually piloting it.  When in the turret, only the host and the person in it can actually see it shooting.  With a lot of work I believe someone could make the Pelican fly in a specific path with a nice animation, but pilot-able is unlikely.

Maybe I've been overlooking object chaining but I didn't think it would be that useful considering you would only be able to have one or two chains per label if I'm not mistaken.  Regardless, I have hit the limit of object labels I can implement so something else would have to go then.

so 7ime how do you get in the turret?

I have a suggestion for the ATTACHMENT label. Could you make another label with a name like ATTACHMENT_FIXED so that it stays in position rather than centering itself to the base object? This would be a very good addition if there would be another update. Thank you.

The knife could maybe be attached to a small energy sword, although as stated earlier this specific gametype has hit it's limit and is unlikely to receive an update without something being removed.

As for the bipeds, their colors change on their own and there are no plans on changing this if even possible.

Thanks for all of your interests.

The knife attached to a small or invisible energy sword is a good idea.

For the bipeds, too bad that you can't fix that.

That's ok, however.

Here is another suggestion:

Make a spawn sequence for vehicles that are already destroyed/ on fire. These may provide machinima-makers with the ease of not needing to destroy vehicles- as well as not needing to worry about the wreckage respawning or the fire/ smoke animations going out. 

But then again, when I think about it I am not exactly sure that the decaying factor is exactly changeable while on retail. Nonetheless, vehicles that are at least damaged and will spawn ready to go could be a great addition.

Assuming you're talking about player colors, I'm not sure it's possible to disable teams in Halo Reach.  As a side note, Forge variants really can't be changed much.

I agree with him why can't we have custom colors?

so 7ime how do you get in the turret?

To get in the turret, it has to be the pelican spawned at SS 19, you simply go to the side of the turret and press your button to enter a vehicle.  It may be difficult to find the right spot.

I have a suggestion for the ATTACHMENT label. Could you make another label with a name like ATTACHMENT_FIXED so that it stays in position rather than centering itself to the base object? This would be a very good addition if there would be another update. Thank you.

Not possible.

Here is another suggestion:

Make a spawn sequence for vehicles that are already destroyed/ on fire. These may provide machinima-makers with the ease of not needing to destroy vehicles- as well as not needing to worry about the wreckage respawning or the fire/ smoke animations going out. 

But then again, when I think about it I am not exactly sure that the decaying factor is exactly changeable while on retail. Nonetheless, vehicles that are at least damaged and will spawn ready to go could be a great addition.

The closest you can get to this is with the health label, simply shoot the vehicle once or bounce a grenade off of it and it will be damaged if you used the right spawn sequence.

On another note, it's safe to say that if an object hasn't already been incorporated into the gametype, it can't be.  Also weather cannot be added through gametype modding.

Edited by 7ime

Hello i was wondering i have some basic understanding of this and i tell people all the time "no if its not in the map/game etc it cannot be added in".  How ever the color changing effect of a mongoose how its color can be altered the same with the base of the shade turrets would it be possible to apply this attribute to Other vehicles. such as the Hog and or tanks aircraft Im sure i dont stand alone when i say a black tankhog would look pretty damn amazing.

Also was wondering a long time ago on youtube i found another tank-hog with a fixed recoil effect as so when shot the power of the Scorpion Didnt send it into the sky would this be a possible attribute such as altering the maps actual Gravity as was done when the halo reach beta was launched. Where it would be as if i drove a hog into a zone it would alter the gravity and make the recoil much much less or heavier so the Cannon would not over power.

Oh, I got another suggestion for the bag:

There is a glitch in Reach where you can end up with an elite that is armor-less. This is completely a random thought, but maybe there could be a trait zone that would grant the player the ability to become that variant (same could be said for a spawn sequence).

But then again, this was just another suggestion without much evidence of the possibility.

Hey could you maybe make it to where you can duel wield energy swords.

Technically yes, practically no.  A second sword would not be usable and wouldn't really look all that great, I have experimented with it but decided against it.

Hello i was wondering i have some basic understanding of this and i tell people all the time "no if its not in the map/game etc it cannot be added in".  How ever the color changing effect of a mongoose how its color can be altered the same with the base of the shade turrets would it be possible to apply this attribute to Other vehicles. such as the Hog and or tanks aircraft Im sure i dont stand alone when i say a black tankhog would look pretty damn amazing.

Also was wondering a long time ago on youtube i found another tank-hog with a fixed recoil effect as so when shot the power of the Scorpion Didnt send it into the sky would this be a possible attribute such as altering the maps actual Gravity as was done when the halo reach beta was launched. Where it would be as if i drove a hog into a zone it would alter the gravity and make the recoil much much less or heavier so the Cannon would not over power.

To my knowledge colors cannot be changed by myself.

Also to my knowledge, gravity cannot be altered and the only ways to possibly make the recoil more bearable would be either to move the location of the Scorpion turret or add another turret as a counter balance.

Oh, I got another suggestion for the bag:

There is a glitch in Reach where you can end up with an elite that is armor-less. This is completely a random thought, but maybe there could be a trait zone that would grant the player the ability to become that variant (same could be said for a spawn sequence).

But then again, this was just another suggestion without much evidence of the possibility.

From my search, the armor-less elite is actually only a hologram.  However, if Reach is like Halo 4, the hologram is actually considered a biped and could technically be played as so if you can replicate this glitch in a custom game, not Forge, let me know and I may look into.

Hey. I was wondering, since you can be the forge moitior and hold a weapon, could you mod it so that you can be a spartan and have acess to the forging interface.

Hey. I was wondering, since you can be the forge moitior and hold a weapon, could you mod it so that you can be a spartan and have acess to the forging interface.

Megaloscript is not executed in forge (Except for the incident trigger, which was introduced in Halo 4). In other words, it's not possible.

7ime likes this

alright you probably get this alot but how would you feel about putting a tac nuke with say the yield of say half of hemorage and it be say a data core model but when you right trigger it arms the nuke and it has a 60 sec fuse and can not be re picked up after being armed and lasts for say about 5  sec

From my search, the armor-less elite is actually only a hologram.  However, if Reach is like Halo 4, the hologram is actually considered a biped and could technically be played as so if you can replicate this glitch in a custom game, not Forge, let me know and I may look into.

Ah, I have done so before. About two years ago me and a friend were testing out one of our "Installation" series maps, and we were shooting off holograms like crazy. We hit a black-screen and he was lagged out of the game (something along those lines). When the game came back to me; his biped- before it died, shot off a hologram. It was the armor-less elite. As well as my player model's hands being that of the armor-less elite.

I was messing around with 1.31 a week ago and I found that if you (as an elite) go into a map with the modded variant, change into the oracle, change into a elite, change back into oracle, then go to a spartan biped and change into that- you can replicate the elite hand glitch. However, this does not change the way the biped looks from the exterior.

I can upload a video of the hand glitch, but to get the hologram is unlikely. But, I would like to say that it is there.

Edited by ShinyMonkeyWes

7ime Please respond to this 

suggestion: Remember the mission New Alexandria when you are play co-op and you sit their for a little bit a Grenadier falcon comes and land well let's just say please can you add a Grenadier Falcon Please you have the turrets so why not replace the sides of the turrets and add a grenade launcher on the side?

Possibly, you might make a sequence that has the falcon compatible with the Phantom as you did with the Pelican.

Unsure if you haven't done this due to the Pelican and Falcon sequence being accidental, or what not- but I am sure it would be appreciated. Also, while the flight may look odd because it does not posses the original animation; it would still more than suffice if implemented.

alright you probably get this alot but how would you feel about putting a tac nuke with say the yield of say half of hemorage and it be say a data core model but when you right trigger it arms the nuke and it has a 60 sec fuse and can not be re picked up after being armed and lasts for say about 5  sec

Not really too practical, probably won't happen.  At least not in the way you would really want.

Ah, I have done so before. About two years ago me and a friend were testing out one of our "Installation" series maps, and we were shooting off holograms like crazy. We hit a black-screen and he was lagged out of the game (something along those lines). When the game came back to me; his biped- before it died, shot off a hologram. It was the armor-less elite. As well as my player model's hands being that of the armor-less elite.

I was messing around with 1.31 a week ago and I found that if you (as an elite) go into a map with the modded variant, change into the oracle, change into a elite, change back into oracle, then go to a spartan biped and change into that- you can replicate the elite hand glitch. However, this does not change the way the biped looks from the exterior.

I can upload a video of the hand glitch, but to get the hologram is unlikely. But, I would like to say that it is there.

Thanks for the input, unfortunately it is a limitation of Megalo and if you go into Halo Chess you will see the same thing.

7ime Please respond to this 

suggestion: Remember the mission New Alexandria when you are play co-op and you sit their for a little bit a Grenadier falcon comes and land well let's just say please can you add a Grenadier Falcon Please you have the turrets so why not replace the sides of the turrets and add a grenade launcher on the side?

Not sure if you're familiar with the troop hog with two grenadier turrets in the back but that was basically a test for the Grenadier Falcon but it never worked very practically so don't expect it unless I've overlooked a way to spawn it.

Possibly, you might make a sequence that has the falcon compatible with the Phantom as you did with the Pelican.

Unsure if you haven't done this due to the Pelican and Falcon sequence being accidental, or what not- but I am sure it would be appreciated. Also, while the flight may look odd because it does not posses the original animation; it would still more than suffice if implemented.

Unfortunately the Phantom, and Longsword, do not attach to objects like the Pelican.

On another note, I did make a quick gametype that lets you play as a hologram but I'm not sure if I'll ever do anything with it.

Edited by 7ime