Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

7ime

Gametype
Mythic Slayer Gametypes [V1.50]

301 posts in this topic

Not really too practical, probably won't happen.  At least not in the way you would really want.

Thanks for the input, unfortunately it is a limitation of Megalo and if you go into Halo Chess you will see the same thing.

Not sure if you're familiar with the troop hog with two grenadier turrets in the back but that was basically a test for the Grenadier Falcon but it never worked very practically so don't expect it unless I've overlooked a way to spawn it.

Unfortunately the Phantom, and Longsword, do not attach to objects like the Pelican.

On another note, I did make a quick gametype that lets you play as a hologram but I'm not sure if I'll ever do anything with it.

plus the fact any map big enough for the long sword / phantom is on halo 4 & no one has bothered trying maps to decode with ksoft.tool. Who knows their secrets within. ;) 

Are u saying that the Grenadier falcon will not work? If so why? 

There is a grenadier variant of the falcon built-in, but it's only accessible on modded consoles. Because of this, if 7ime were to make a grenadier falcon, he would have to take the normal falcon, delete all the attachments (side turrets and chin turret, because there is no way to individually select attachments to delete), and create 2 grenadier turrets and attach one to each side (getting the position and rotation perfect is an extremely difficult task).

Removing the attachments isn't too difficult but getting the position and rotation correct is a very time consuming task, especially if you don't have a modded console (as I believe 7ime does not), and have to transfer the gametype to a USB drive every time you want to see what a change you make has done. I'm guessing this is why he has said it's not practical, although it could be any number of other reasons.

7ime likes this

There is a grenadier variant of the falcon built-in, but it's only accessible on modded consoles. Because of this, if 7ime were to make a grenadier falcon, he would have to take the normal falcon, delete all the attachments (side turrets and chin turret, because there is no way to individually select attachments to delete), and create 2 grenadier turrets and attach one to each side (getting the position and rotation perfect is an extremely difficult task).

Removing the attachments isn't too difficult but getting the position and rotation correct is a very time consuming task, especially if you don't have a modded console (as I believe 7ime does not), and have to transfer the gametype to a USB drive every time you want to see what a change you make has done. I'm guessing this is why he has said it's not practical, although it could be any number of other reasons.

In my experience, vehicle attachments like turrets are usually offset in a way that they are in their proper locations when attached to a vehicle at (0,0). So I'm not exactly sure what's making it difficult to create a grenadier falcon.

Maybe I'm missing something here but can't one just iterate through all falcon turrets and check if their owner object has the "grenadier" label or something. If so, spawn a grenadier turret at the current turret object's position, attach it to the parent falcon object, then delete the original turret.

In my experience, vehicle attachments like turrets are usually offset in a way that they are in their proper locations when attached to a vehicle at (0,0). So I'm not exactly sure what's making it difficult to create a grenadier falcon.

Maybe I'm missing something here but can't one just iterate through all falcon turrets and check if their owner object has the "grenadier" label or something. If so, spawn a grenadier turret at the current turret object's position, attach it to the parent falcon object, then delete the original turret.

The Falcon turrets are not at (0,0) and furthermore they are not rotated the correct way when just spawning them in.

Unfortunately I can only reference a grenadier_turret_left and a grenadier_turret_right, there are no regular falcon turrets for me to reference. Therefore there is no way for me to differentiate between left, right, and the chin gun.

Furthermore, when they are attached to something you have to write code to force people into them and I could only get one side to work properly.

Still, while playing with multiple people you can often only shoot once because one of the grenades will not detonate properly.

These are the reasons why all plans to create a grenadier falcon have been scrapped.

Edited by 7ime

Would it be possible to make mobile ai's by using the pathing system of marines from campaign? Not the ones that randomly walk around but the ones that just follow you and enter gunner seats of vehicles.

Would it be possible to make mobile ai's by using the pathing system of marines from campaign? Not the ones that randomly walk around but the ones that just follow you and enter gunner seats of vehicles.

On retail systems, any biped that is spawned in multiplayer cannot be controlled by an AI. Having AI in multiplayer requires tags to be injected in the map, which can only be played on modded consoles.

7ime likes this

anyone is thinking of adding civilian vehicles like JJIR made?

You realize those were added with tag injection right? Tag injection alters the map file, not the gametype. The following quote applies to everything related to tag injection, not just AIs.

On retail systems, any biped that is spawned in multiplayer cannot be controlled by an AI. Having AI in multiplayer requires tags to be injected in the map, which can only be played on modded consoles.

7ime likes this

You realize those were added with tag injection right? Tag injection alters the map file, not the gametype. The following quote applies to everything related to tag injection, not just AIs.

well i give up i'm done suggesting... 

don't keep saying that it works for modded consoles i get that geez

all i ever wanted ai's so i make the elites have swords and come and chase you but i know they don't have ai thinking and their brain dead i get that i just wanted to do that so i build a big base and the elites come after you with swords like zombies and stuff i also like playing firefight but i can't seem to change their to force them to have energy sword or even i would like some spartans to move and shoot too like it was singleplayer it never works everytime i ask never works i get it that it works for modded consoles but when i order one it always some fake scam i just want to be some mod stuff with my friends ok that all i would like to fly a pelican in the spire i wasn't expecting for a falcon to drive i was expecting like zedds also i would love to fly a longsword but it just a plain old model like a fake object i just wanna play awesome mods with my friends i don't want to play in the modded xbox without my friends it get boring.

Edited by AMD
Removed duplicated paragraph

well i give up i'm done suggesting... 

don't keep saying that it works for modded consoles i get that geez

all i ever wanted ai's so i make the elites have swords and come and chase you but i know they don't have ai thinking and their brain dead i get that i just wanted to do that so i build a big base and the elites come after you with swords like zombies and stuff i also like playing firefight but i can't seem to change their to force them to have energy sword or even i would like some spartans to move and shoot too like it was singleplayer it never works everytime i ask never works i get it that it works for modded consoles but when i order one it always some fake scam i just want to be some mod stuff with my friends ok that all i would like to fly a pelican in the spire i wasn't expecting for a falcon to drive i was expecting like zedds also i would love to fly a longsword but it just a plain old model like a fake object i just wanna play awesome mods with my friends i don't want to play in the modded xbox without my friends it get boring.

Well, you're asking these things on 7ime's thread for his Bonus Slayer Gametypes. I'm really not sure how you want it to be relayed that what you're asking is not possible on a normal console. Also, 7ime has added this to the original post:

Please be aware that it is safe to say that if an object hasn't already been added to the gametype then it can't be;

includes the Grenadier Falcon and flyable Phantoms and Longswords.

It is also worth noting that AI cannot be added, this includes everything from ODSTs to Hunters and Grunts.

Weather and weapon/vehicle tuning are also impossible things to achieve.

It's also safe to say that any forum topic around here that has the blue .map preceding the title is not possible to achieve in a gametype.

how bout adding more mixed vehicles like with tanks and add in the turrets of the human side for mixing as well and possibly fixing the stand alone gauss cannon because alot of the boys in the 7th need it fixed

how bout adding more mixed vehicles like with tanks and add in the turrets of the human side for mixing as well and possibly fixing the stand alone gauss cannon because alot of the boys in the 7th need it fixed

The gauss cannon when spawned by itself has normal physics rather than fixed/phased like the others, and there's no way to change physics to objects spawned via megalo. It'll only stay upright if it's attached to another object with fixed or phased physics.

hey orangemohawk is it possible to change the playermodel top as an ODST in installation 04 on firefight (i don't think it possible)

or is it possible to change the ai weapons cause i wants elites with swords so it like infection but you don't turn you know

hey orangemohawk is it possible to change the playermodel top as an ODST in installation 04 on firefight (i don't think it possible)

or is it possible to change the ai weapons cause i wants elites with swords so it like infection but you don't turn you know

Nope, firefight gametypes don't store megalo scripts, so neither of those are possible. You're limited to what the engine offers you.

Also, next time if you've got a question that doesn't relate to the original post (the Bonus Slayer gametypes), please make a new thread.

On another note, I did make a quick gametype that lets you play as a hologram but I'm not sure if I'll ever do anything with it.

If at one point this gametype, were to become available for download- I would happily make a machinima utilizing it.

*wink wink, nudge nudge*

Any word on damaged or destroyed vehicles? I can get how partially damaged vehicles are difficult or even impossible to implement due to the damage being affected by where it occurs, but I'd be more than happy with destroyed vehicle wrecks.

I'm thinking that if you can't directly spawn the wreck model, maybe set it to destroy any vehicle that has a tag applied to it. For example, having the health label applied to a vehicle and setting it to -1 will destroy it as soon as it spawns, similar to the insta-dying models added in 1.31.

If at one point this gametype, were to become available for download- I would happily make a machinima utilizing it.

*wink wink, nudge nudge*

It shall be done, in it's own gametype.  Don't get too excited though, the hologram still automatically deletes itself after 10 seconds.

Any word on damaged or destroyed vehicles? I can get how partially damaged vehicles are difficult or even impossible to implement due to the damage being affected by where it occurs, but I'd be more than happy with destroyed vehicle wrecks.

I'm thinking that if you can't directly spawn the wreck model, maybe set it to destroy any vehicle that has a tag applied to it. For example, having the health label applied to a vehicle and setting it to -1 will destroy it as soon as it spawns, similar to the insta-dying models added in 1.31.

I thought for sure I've already answered this...

The closest you can get to this is with the health label, simply shoot the vehicle once or bounce a grenade off of it and it will be damaged if you used the right spawn sequence.

Also if you looked at the original post...

health Filter;

modifies the health/shields of an object by increments of ten, any spawn sequence works, a spawn sequence less than -9 kills the object instantly

Now using this method however to destroy objects will result in the object respawning automatically they normally would when destroyed.

Edited by 7ime

It shall be done, in it's own gametype.  Don't get too excited though, the hologram still automatically deletes itself after 10 seconds.

Nice, much appreciated.

If you are able to play as the hologram though, would it be a similar process to becoming the bipeds? Because if so, you would need to be quick about taking the monitor to the biped. Then the biped to your designated area.

Or would it be more as you spawn, play as the hologram for 10 seconds, then become completely invisible?

Or is more of you walking into a zone that turns you into a hologram?

Or maybe- nah. Just kidding.

-light bulb- just add a idea in the next mod you should make a spawn sequence that makes you commit suicide like when you fire the trigger, your hand will point the gun in your head and you look down and then after you fire again it shoots, it'll say -example- xXanonymousXx Commit Suicide. YA this would be cool so machinima directors can stop using another person to make it shoot themselves lol this would be cool XD

-AWESOME ANIMATION-

-light bulb- just add a idea in the next mod you should make a spawn sequence that makes you commit suicide like when you fire the trigger, your hand will point the gun in your head and you look down and then after you fire again it shoots, it'll say -example- xXanonymousXx Commit Suicide. YA this would be cool so machinima directors can stop using another person to make it shoot themselves lol this would be cool XD

-AWESOME ANIMATION-

That sounds like a pretty cool idea, but that is highly unlikely. 

The only way that you could come close to changing the player model to a stationary animation would be on a modded console.

You, I am sure by now, saw a video on youtube where all the reach cutscenes have been modded or showed altered characters. That is something that one can only achieve on a modbox.

However, I know one can achieve weird animations on the xbox through glitches like removing your weapon, then crouch while in the decent from a jump- achieving a glitched animation of the spartan pulling a "Fonzy" ("eeehhhhhh!")

Otherwise, thats really the only kind of animation you would get from reach on a regular Xbox. Aside from other glitches that might be known. But to be quite honest, using an additional player to portrait a suicide in machinima is not all that hard. If done correctly,  it would look just as good as some animation. Aside from that, there are actual animators in the community that can take models in a 3D program, and do such as well.

Sorry if the response was unsatisfacotry, I apologize. For all I know, it may just as well be possible.

OrangeMohawk and 7ime like this

That sounds like a pretty cool idea, but that is highly unlikely. 

The only way that you could come close to changing the player model to a stationary animation would be on a modded console.

You, I am sure by now, saw a video on youtube where all the reach cutscenes have been modded or showed altered characters. That is something that one can only achieve on a modbox.

However, I know one can achieve weird animations on the xbox through glitches like removing your weapon, then crouch while in the decent from a jump- achieving a glitched animation of the spartan pulling a "Fonzy" ("eeehhhhhh!")

Otherwise, thats really the only kind of animation you would get from reach on a regular Xbox. Aside from other glitches that might be known. But to be quite honest, using an additional player to portrait a suicide in machinima is not all that hard. If done correctly,  it would look just as good as some animation. Aside from that, there are actual animators in the community that can take models in a 3D program, and do such as well.

Sorry if the response was unsatisfacotry, I apologize. For all I know, it may just as well be possible.

It ok i just thought about it out of nowhere. i don't really want a modded xbox cause then i can't play with my friends

hey wait a minute 7ime is there a reason why we just spawn the falcons and modded stuff in forge when i try to spawn a campaign falcon it spawn off where i really want it to spawn is it because there have to be tag injection fr it to work in forge instead of going t custom games?

Edited by xXFagolaXx

hey wait a minute 7ime is there a reason why we just spawn the falcons and modded stuff in forge when i try to spawn a campaign falcon it spawn off where i really want it to spawn is it because there have to be tag injection fr it to work in forge instead of going t custom games?

The reason is sort of complicated, and yet explained easily. Additionally, not sure if you recollect, but there is about 3-4 other pages that more than likely have your answers on various occasions. Look back or otherwise search once in a while, before you post...

There is this thing called "megaloscript", that is talked about frequently on the halo part of this site- and about how is not available for tampering in the forge gametypes (retail/ online xbox). So the "regular falcons" you pull out of the forging interface are- regular multiplayer falcons. Virtually, from what I have gathered these last few months, nothing can be done with Forge mod-wise on retail.

If you go back in this thread or venture around the forums on this site, you will see multiple discussions where your point is and may be otherwise brought up.

Pardon my "douche-e-ness" (or perhaps don't), but, while you may not been been intending such, your previous posts since the beggining of this thread, have been bothersome. Nonetheless, they have received replies by many. Again, pardon my rudeness, but as of late, your ideas within posts have been lacking in thought and effort. Not sure if I am the one who is really just to say this, but try to work on your spelling; maybe even research a little before you ask for, or about something. But alas, if you can't find any results, that is when you should turn to the thread.

Thank you for your time. (*Cha-Ching* check please)

Teancum and OrangeMohawk like this