Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

7ime

Gametype
Mythic Slayer Gametypes [V1.50]

315 posts in this topic

Before the release of the next update, is it possible to implement a type of waypoint that can display a number (negatives and positives), that is visible to all players?

Unsure really if this is already achieved/ achievable without the mods. It would probably be something I overlooked.

can you make a vehicle invisible completely?

I have an awesome idea: can you attach mongoose back seats to a tanks treads? that would be awesome

Can someone please tell me how to posses the spartan models, I have tried with the capture plate, but it does not work.

Do you ever think you will be able to do the same thing you did to the pelican, but using the skin of a UNSC frigate?

It would be cool if you could add a scorpion cannon that places like the warthog guns

Edited by OrangeMohawk
merged triple post

Can someone please tell me how to posses the spartan models, I have tried with the capture plate

alright you have to use forge monitor as your best bet and use either plate or flag stands

Mythic Slayer - Version 1.32

*!*ALERT*!*Xbox will freeze when trying to shoot when in a vehicle as one of the new bipeds, with the exception of the tank version*!*ALERT*!*

>>>Attachment System

it is now based on the absolute value of the spawn sequence

a negative spawn sequence on an attach_base will allow objects within its boundary to be automatically attached to the base

a spawn sequence less than negative 50 will also attach Spartans, Elites, and Monitors

a negative spawn sequence on an attachment, suggested only for Scorpions, Wraiths, and Revenants, will allow you to shoot that vehicle if attached to another vehicle

a spawn sequence greater than 50 will get rid of the vehicle's base, so that only the turret is attached

>>>Spawner System

spawned objects will now have the same team as the object used to spawn them, this mean their color changes, only works when teams are enabled, everybody controlling a neutral biped is on everyone's team

>>>all alarm sound devices now attach to the object that spawns them

>>>you can now get into the side turrets of the Phantom

>>>the Ghost with a Revenant turret has been replaced with a Mongoose with a Falcon turret(yes I know it looks stupid)

>>>the bodies of the Elites and Spartans that die instantly are now automatically deleted, cool effects/frag grenade fountain

>>>the attachable turrets now have color coded lights

>>>you can now also spawn an attachable Falcon turret

>>>you can now spawn Spartans, Elites, and Monitors with Scorpion, Wraith, Revenant, and Falcon turrets

special surprise when you control and shoot with them

>>>a spawn sequence of negative 41 will attach everything not within the zone to the object, excluding players but including the skybox

>>>spawn sequences of negative 42 to 46 may or may not have an effect on certain maps, let me know; negative 43 does add sound and slight animation to Breakpoint.

>>>Health System

updated, works great on some objects, sucks on others

any spawn sequence less than -14 will make not add flames or sound when the object is destroyed, no broken glass

any spawn sequence less than -9 will delete the object, this was unintentional; I'm looking for a fix

>>>Detach Zone System

updated to allow everyone to appear without a sword in third person but still have a sword in first person, it's basically just replicating a glitch for everyone in a game that Mike WB found that use to work only on the host.

>>>Lift System

added more options

a spawn sequence of -2 will lift the object when a player enters the zone

a spawn sequence of -3 will basically make the object disappear when a player enters the zone

a spawn sequence of 3 will rotate an object 90 degrees when a player enters the zone and will further rotate it by 90 degrees when they leave, about the y-axis

a spawn sequence of 4 will constantly rotate and object by 90 degrees about the y-axis

>>>Trait Zone System

added another trait, Charlie, at a spawn sequence of 2

>>>Point Award System

previously known as biped, it is now named award_points *!*requires map editing if you previously used the biped label*!*

now also awards points when players are within the zone as well as for it's destruction

now alerts everyone in the kill feed when someone destroys an object

a spawn sequence of zero will end the game upon destruction or entering of the zone

because biped can now have teams, you are awarded points based on whether the spartans/elites are on your team or not.

***All, I think all, zonal object labels have been update to work without a zone on armor abilities and weapons, please note however that armor abilities automatically have a zone even if it is set to none; you must select a shape and then set all parameters to zero

***I guess it's worth noting if you didn't already know, all zonal object labels are team based if they are not set to neutral

***A betrayal counter has also been added to the end of game stats

--And that's all folks, or at least I think.

post-13514-0-32149600-1401583301_thumb.j

The gametype will be further tested in the coming days, consider this a beta; I just really wanted to get it out there.  If you experience something you don't believe to be intentional please message me.

Edited by 7ime

I really enjoy your game-types and they are easy to use. but i have been having the following problems with Sve 1.32:

Normal objects aren't spawning

cant take control of new AI

spawned as monitor (options had that disabled)

my Xbox even froze

I'm not sure if the game-type is glitched or I am just not understanding the new version

Thanks

I really enjoy your game-types and they are easy to use. but i have been having the following problems with Sve 1.32:

my Xbox even froze

I'm not sure if the game-type is glitched or I am just not understanding the new version

Thanks

If you are using the official release version from my fileshare, I have not been able to replicate any of the above problems; I must write it off as you trying to spawn too many objects on the map.  Regardless I have sent you a message so that we can hopefully get to the bottom of this.

Thanks for your interest and feedback.

*!*ALERT*!*Xbox will freeze when trying to fire a turret as one of the new bipeds*!*ALERT*!*

Everything else wasn't actually a problem.

Edited by 7ime

If you put a wall 2x1 vertical and put it to lift -3 and make it a box or sphere shape to make disapper it can be a door but,it will continually spin how do i fix this?

my Xbox even froze

Thanks

I think it's a little of both, I was having the same issue, I noticed for the new bipeds in order to take control of a spartan/elite you must enter its boundary as a monitor, or to take control of a monitor you would need to enter boundary as a spartan/elite.

As another question though is spawn sequence 19 (glitchy pelican) only avalable to certain maps? I can't seem to get it to combine, or even appear

I'm not really worried about it though, just wanted to see what it would look like :)

Once again great work

4 things that would be great to see

1.   Objects that when placed in a zone, activated, or destroyed (bomb, core, fusion core ect) spawn, attach/detach or delete other objects. EX. You blow up a fusion core in the enemies base and all shield doors disappear either by deletion or if thats not possible, having them attach to an object far away. This is probably more tricky - but to if you could destroy large structure objects and then have the physics of the objects that were resting on on top of it become "normal" you could then play games where if you destroy the foundation of the enemies tower - everything comes crumbling down. Other examples of this kind of dynamic would be attaching a lift zone to something like a fusion coil so that when it blows up the lift zone is only then activated and everyone in within the zone goes flying. Another one would be to have bomb you able to spawn activate and spawn that zone kills you with an explosion where you walk into it (being able to make it bigger would great too). Is the code that does this sort of thing in Invasion too much to put all in one gametype? I gonna assume attaching these sort of zones to certain projectiles is out of the question.

2.  I've asked about this before, but with the never ending Pelican requests in this thread it might be interesting to hear what you think about this: either by using a combination of the attachment and object chaining mod (if now you have the room for labels of course) or the magic you used to create the Fuel Rod Hogs/Falcons create a combination of vehicles and objects where we have a flying vehicle that also tows a non phased platform where people and vehicles can be transported - for the convent it be something with the banshee at the core, and shade turrents as gunner seats, a wall being towed behind it and maybe covent crates/ barries made bigger as walls (whatever you would do for aesthetics). By example of what you have already have done in this mod, I would guess that there most be some way in megalo to create larger vehicles that can fill the role the Elephant did in Sandtrap, flying or on the ground

3. Is there a way to make vehicles rapid fire like in the mod in Halo 4 by Zone? Having a map where only one large, scaled up scorpion or wraith turret that shoots at crazy rate of fire could be fun. Also there any way to have either a projectile or fusion/zone bomb that can freeze vehicles like plasma pistol? Having a map where at the start one team is all coming over on falcons only to then fall from a large EMP would be awesome - that team would then have to scramble to find each other if they survive the crash.

4. I think this would be VERY INTERESTING if possible: say if your made a version of Mythic Slayer that was also a Spartan vs Elite Alpha Zombie gametype where the alpha zombie Elite takes the role of a General and is only one who can turn back and forth into a Montior. That Monitor then has the ability to teleport/spawn all active Elite players to a zone, when entering said zone, or by some other action. That means even if the Spartans have all of Forge World to run and hide in - the monitor can just send all enemies to them in waves. A more sophisticated version of this would be being able have certain zones spawn all the Elites in certain vehicles or Armor Abilities - a wave of jet back elites all coming down from above a certain holdout base.

Thanks again for the mod, just by what have already done in this mod -  I can see new potential gametypes being created by using your work as a base, that would make Reach suddenly getting a lot more popular.

Edited by HaloReach'Around

The only map you should be able to spawn a Pelican on (from retail) is Spire.

Yeah guessed as much, I was just curious as to why the pelican was listed twice (-15) and (19) but I already answered that myself now lol

Thanks though :)

I didn't really want to respond until the next update but I feel like I have an obligation to those that have taken an interest; so here it goes anyways...

•As stated, a Pelican will never make it to Forge Word on a retail Xbox.  Unless someone wants to design one out of 1x1 flat blocks...

Thanks for all of your interest, an update to change a couple of things will be available soonish; don't wait around for it though.

So I may have taken you up on that offer and made a pelican and phantom out of blocks.

Mythic Slayer - Version 1.32

>>>Attachment System

it is now based on the absolute value of the spawn sequence

a negative spawn sequence on an attach_base will allow objects within its boundary to be automatically attached to the base

a spawn sequence less than negative 50 will also attach Spartans, Elites, and Monitors

a negative spawn sequence on an attachment, suggested only for Scorpions, Wraiths, and Revenants, will allow you to shoot that vehicle if attached to another vehicle

a spawn sequence greater than 50 will get rid of the vehicle's base, so that only the turret is attached

The gametype will be further tested in the coming days, consider this a beta; I just really wanted to get it out there.  If you experience something you don't believe to be intentional please message me.

Is there a way to make attachments not centered on the attachment base? Everything ends up mashed in the center when I test the map in custom games.

Perhaps use a new label or spawn sequence for attachments that positions the objects at their current location += the base's location.

Also, is it possible to make zones invisible?

Thanks for reading ;)

Edited by Obliivious

hey I was just wondering if you can add [PAN-CAM] and or weapon lowering online... 

Could there be a  thing added to lift that when the object was invisable and u go into a radios of it would spawn  

If you put a warthog on -3 Lift and try to jump in it, it freezes your xbox. FYI 

No, no it doesn't.  I have jumped in and out of Warthogs of all shapes and sizes all day and it most certainly doesn't cause your Xbox to freeze.  Please try to see if it is a reoccurring issue before making such a claim.  As stated before, trying to fire inside of a vehicle while controlling a biped that has a turret attached to them will freeze your Xbox; not the Lift label.

If you put a wall 2x1 vertical and put it to lift -3 and make it a box or sphere shape to make disapper it can be a door but,it will continually spin how do i fix this?

This is a known issue that I am currently looking into.  Does it only occur to 2x1 walls and does it occur when the object is not rotated at all in Forge; not vertical?

Once again great work

4 things that would be great to see

1.   Objects that when placed in a zone, activated, or destroyed (bomb, core, fusion core ect) spawn, attach/detach or delete other objects. EX. You blow up a fusion core in the enemies base and all shield doors disappear either by deletion or if thats not possible, having them attach to an object far away. This is probably more tricky - but to if you could destroy large structure objects and then have the physics of the objects that were resting on on top of it become "normal" you could then play games where if you destroy the foundation of the enemies tower - everything comes crumbling down. Other examples of this kind of dynamic would be attaching a lift zone to something like a fusion coil so that when it blows up the lift zone is only then activated and everyone in within the zone goes flying. Another one would be to have bomb you able to spawn activate and spawn that zone kills you with an explosion where you walk into it (being able to make it bigger would great too). Is the code that does this sort of thing in Invasion too much to put all in one gametype? I gonna assume attaching these sort of zones to certain projectiles is out of the question.

2.  I've asked about this before, but with the never ending Pelican requests in this thread it might be interesting to hear what you think about this: either by using a combination of the attachment and object chaining mod (if now you have the room for labels of course) or the magic you used to create the Fuel Rod Hogs/Falcons create a combination of vehicles and objects where we have a flying vehicle that also tows a non phased platform where people and vehicles can be transported - for the convent it be something with the banshee at the core, and shade turrents as gunner seats, a wall being towed behind it and maybe covent crates/ barries made bigger as walls (whatever you would do for aesthetics). By example of what you have already have done in this mod, I would guess that there most be some way in megalo to create larger vehicles that can fill the role the Elephant did in Sandtrap, flying or on the ground

3. Is there a way to make vehicles rapid fire like in the mod in Halo 4 by Zone? Having a map where only one large, scaled up scorpion or wraith turret that shoots at crazy rate of fire could be fun. Also there any way to have either a projectile or fusion/zone bomb that can freeze vehicles like plasma pistol? Having a map where at the start one team is all coming over on falcons only to then fall from a large EMP would be awesome - that team would then have to scramble to find each other if they survive the crash.

4. I think this would be VERY INTERESTING if possible: say if your made a version of Mythic Slayer that was also a Spartan vs Elite Alpha Zombie gametype where the alpha zombie Elite takes the role of a General and is only one who can turn back and forth into a Montior. That Monitor then has the ability to teleport/spawn all active Elite players to a zone, when entering said zone, or by some other action. That means even if the Spartans have all of Forge World to run and hide in - the monitor can just send all enemies to them in waves. A more sophisticated version of this would be being able have certain zones spawn all the Elites in certain vehicles or Armor Abilities - a wave of jet back elites all coming down from above a certain holdout base.

Thanks again for the mod, just by what have already done in this mod -  I can see new potential gametypes being created by using your work as a base, that would make Reach suddenly getting a lot more popular.

1.  The first part would be possible, the second part is impossible, the third part would be impossible? Not really understanding the last part.

2.  Unfortunately, anything attached to anything will be phased.

3.  The first part would be impractical In Halo Reach and Halo 4 for that matter if you're doing it by zones, the second part is impossible.

4.  I'm just going to say no even though it's probably doable for the most part but it would not work all that fluently.

So I may have taken you up on that offer and made a pelican and phantom out of blocks.

Is there a way to make attachments not centered on the attachment base? Everything ends up mashed in the center when I test the map in custom games.

Perhaps use a new label or spawn sequence for attachments that positions the objects at their current location += the base's location.

Also, is it possible to make zones invisible?

Thanks for reading ;)

Cool, I might have to take a look at it some time if it's completely out of 1x1 flat blocks; I'm not going to say that it will turn out nicely though considering object rotation is not easy.

Is there a way? Yes.  Is there a practical way? No.

Zones could be made invisible.

hey I was just wondering if you can add [PAN-CAM] and or weapon lowering online... 

Nope.

Could there be a  thing added to lift that when the object was invisable and u go into a radios of it would spawn  

It could be done.

I kind of hate posting this because it's looking less and less likely to make it into this gametype but...

post-13514-0-14316600-1402357518_thumb.j

Thanks for all of your interest, I'm really just testing some ideas here and there so it's kind of hard to say whether or not you'll see an update this week.

1.  The first part would be possible, the second part is impossible, the third part would be impossible? Not really understanding the last part.

2.  Unfortunately, anything attached to anything will be phased.

3.  The first part would be impractical In Halo Reach and Halo 4 for that matter if you're doing it by zones, the second part is impossible.

4.  I'm just going to say no even though it's probably doable for the most part but it would not work all that fluently.

Thanks for replying,

1.Sorry for not being clearer on the last part: I was thinking of  spawn sequence -32 = Trait zone explosion, along with a maybe much stronger lift zone being attached to a bomb or fusion coil which would only briefly activate after the detonation of "base" object. Pretty much a big bomb to play around with. But the general concept of objects spawning/deleting after destroying a "base" object/bringing a "base" object like a core to a zone would be really big for linear infection type games.

2. I'm actually most curious about the potential of combining Matt's object chaining mod with attachments - would a wall chained behind a falcon be normal or phased? I think in Halo 4 objects that are chained have normal physics. Just having a solid platform toed behind a flying vehicle is getting pretty close to the "dropship/pelican" everybody is dying to have. I think you said you don't have enough room for the label needed for object chain mod though.

3. Is there anything in general you can do with projectiles? Is there any way to have vehicles with a certain label fire differently?

4. Your right, you could probably have the same sort of game play mechanic with mobile teleporters. In general, I love the idea of an Elite infection gametype that could at times feel like a campaign mission. Spartans going all over Forge World picking up Data Cores that could open doors to new vehicles/weapons. Elites blowing up entire bases where the surving  Spartans are holding out with custom made bombs. Something cool from Strife would be the conversion aspect, but having that mechanic be centered around the destruction or capturing of an object with the biped label: for ex - Blowing up a fusion core with the label converts two Elite zombies into reinforcements, they spawn as June/Emile and fly into the map on a newly spawned falcon.

thanks again

Well since I started using this game-type I have been compiling a text document of all the features included and have been updating it along with the game-type, I guess I should start posting it here; it may be easier than keeping the site on hand.

Mythic slayer V1.32.txt

Also now that they have confirmed that all the Xbox one halo remakes will have their own engines, do you think WHEN they do reach, this game-type will be easy to transfer over?

Edited by XITOADX

You mean "IF" they do Reach... but that is very unlikely.

Edited by Pfeuff
7ime likes this

Ah, never say never, their doing 4 in one, that cuts down the list drastically. so our chances are all but nearing certainty. you will see, just never give up hope.

I highly doubt they will, since the only reason that they're making the MCC is because of Halo 5: Guardians, they want our journey to start again, all on one console, and all in one place. Halo Reach had nothing to do with the Master Chief, such as Halo 3: ODST, Halo Wars, and Halo Reach. So in my opinion I don't want them to put Halo Reach on the Xbox One, I think Halo 1-4 is good enough.