Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

7ime

Gametype
Mythic Slayer Gametypes [V1.50]

301 posts in this topic

Reach and ODST are totally on the books for Xbox One. It's major money for Microsoft, the games are complete content-wise, and HD upgrades for games are all the rage these days. They'll just wait until the the right time to bring them out. Some point when they need Halo content and don't have a major Xbox One game coming out.

Well, if they are indeed going ahead with Reach HD, they damn well better optimize it & try to eliminate any issues... such as framerate drop when a high no. of structure pieces are within FOV, among other problems.

Pfeuff, on 16 Jun 2014 - 1:52 PM, said:

Well, if they are indeed going ahead with Reach HD, they damn well better optimize it & try to eliminate any issues... such as framerate drop when a high no. of structure pieces are within FOV, among other problems.

i'm sure the new system would handle the frame rate issues, but in all honesty if they sot one glitch these always gonna be more found, if they get rid of the game breaking ones then fine, but keep the fun ones.

Reach and ODST are totally on the books for Xbox One. It's major money for Microsoft, the games are complete content-wise, and HD upgrades for games are all the rage these days. They'll just wait until the the right time to bring them out. Some point when they need Halo content and don't have a major Xbox One game coming out.

Hey, thanks for agreeing! glad someone does!

When I try to play online with my friends on this mod, (I made my own map) it would make some players get stuck on a full black screen.  I thought it was overloading so I deleted a few things it helped but I can't get the black screen to go away how do I fix this?

Edited by MythicalRewards

MythicalRewards, on 16 Jun 2014 - 6:36 PM, said:

When I try to play online with my friends on this mod, (I made my own map) it would make some players get stuck on a full black screen.  I thought it was overloading so I deleted a few things it helped but I can't get the black screen to go away how do I fix this?

I haven't encountered this in quite some time, are you using any of the mystery spawn sequences? 

I haven't encountered this in quite some time, are you using any of the mystery spawn sequences? 

No I did but then I saw no point in having them.  Any more suggestions?

Edited by MythicalRewards

Hey could you tell what is coming in the next update v1.33 just wondering...,And what are the mystery spawn sequences? Other than -43

Edited by HybyrdZero

MythicalRewards, on 16 Jun 2014 - 9:02 PM, said:

No I did but then I saw no point in having them.  Any more suggestions?

what features are you using? there might be something to do with the combination of features you are using that is causing this, if your just using the spawning feature I can only suggest you try to remove more things, if your using the skybox thing that caused some issues for me, but I was able to fix that by changing the item I used to a traffic cone

HybyrdZero, on 17 Jun 2014 - 4:24 PM, said:

Hey could you tell what is coming in the next update v1.33 just wondering...,And what are the mystery spawn sequences? Other than -43

I am aware you directed this a trusty/ 7ime but im not sure if he knows what features will be in the next one yet, like he has stated, the mod already has so much in it and there cant be much space left (without removing things) and either way there might not even be a further advancement for the same matter as previous.

but if there is going to be anything im sure we can expect it to be interesting, just like all previous variants of the gametype

Edited by XITOADX

what features are you using? there might be something to do with the combination of features you are using that is causing this, if your just using the spawning feature I can only suggest you try to remove more things, if your using the skybox thing that caused some issues for me, but I was able to fix that by changing the item I used to a traffic cone

I am aware you directed this a trusty/ 7ime but im not sure if he knows what features will be in the next one yet, like he has stated, the mod already has so much in it and there cant be much space left (without removing things) and either way there might not even be a further advancement for the same matter as previous.

but if there is going to be anything im sure we can expect it to be interesting, just like all previous variants of the gametype

I tried but im going to keep trying, Look in my File Share and see if you can fix a few things please.

MythicalRewards, on 19 Jun 2014 - 01:38 AM, said:

I tried but im going to keep trying, Look in my File Share and see if you can fix a few things please.

ok how about this buddy my gamer tag is on the site send me a friend request and ill help ya when I can or ill just give you my map?

Well it's been awhile so here we are again.

First and foremost, I would like to thank the awesome community that has formed around this gametype and would like to encourage you all to continue helping each other.

Thanks for replying,

1.Sorry for not being clearer on the last part: I was thinking of  spawn sequence -32 = Trait zone explosion, along with a maybe much stronger lift zone being attached to a bomb or fusion coil which would only briefly activate after the detonation of "base" object. Pretty much a big bomb to play around with. But the general concept of objects spawning/deleting after destroying a "base" object/bringing a "base" object like a core to a zone would be really big for linear infection type games.

2. I'm actually most curious about the potential of combining Matt's object chaining mod with attachments - would a wall chained behind a falcon be normal or phased? I think in Halo 4 objects that are chained have normal physics. Just having a solid platform toed behind a flying vehicle is getting pretty close to the "dropship/pelican" everybody is dying to have. I think you said you don't have enough room for the label needed for object chain mod though.

3. Is there anything in general you can do with projectiles? Is there any way to have vehicles with a certain label fire differently?

4. Your right, you could probably have the same sort of game play mechanic with mobile teleporters. In general, I love the idea of an Elite infection gametype that could at times feel like a campaign mission. Spartans going all over Forge World picking up Data Cores that could open doors to new vehicles/weapons. Elites blowing up entire bases where the surving  Spartans are holding out with custom made bombs. Something cool from Strife would be the conversion aspect, but having that mechanic be centered around the destruction or capturing of an object with the biped label: for ex - Blowing up a fusion core with the label converts two Elite zombies into reinforcements, they spawn as June/Emile and fly into the map on a newly spawned falcon.

thanks again

1.  Probably not in this gametype.  *Actually maybe a blow this up causes that to disappear type of thing.

2.  I've looked into it, I've made a prototype, and I can honestly say that Matt's version of object chaining can't exactly be built in Reach.

3.  Nope.

4.  Don't count on me making it, I've got two other gametypes I'm experimenting with.

If it can be done, i would love to see it in the next update! 

I wasn't going to do it because it seems like such a troll but it could have potential with gravity lifts, so it'll be there, most likely.

i am having a problem with the award point system it does not seem to be working any thoughts

Can you please elaborate?  The monitors that are supposed to award points don't actually work with other players.  Are you putting the label on an object; if so, what object?

Also now that they have confirmed that all the Xbox one halo remakes will have their own engines, do you think WHEN they do reach, this game-type will be easy to transfer over?

IF Reach is redone with it's engine intact, I would imagine that it would all come down to what tools are available to me for the Xbox One.

If Toad didn't resolve it for you, does it occur only when they join in progress?  If not you have too much on the map, most likely.  Players get a full black screen when they can't spawn in, which usually occurs when too much is on the map and causes the spawn points to get deleted.  Or you could be using something like -41.

Is there any way to increase the fire rate, where its rapid fire?

Nope.  Only on the magnum and artificially on at least one other gun.  It's really not practical to artificially do it on vehicles.

Is it possible to attach a plasma cannon to a Ghost, so that it can be operated by a gunner?

Yup.  I would actually like to do something similar but I'm fresh out of conditions(if statements) so it unfortunately won't happen in this gametype.  *Actually don't count this out yet.

is it possible to change the color of a veichle like a warthog to gold or blue?

Nope.

Well considering no one seemed to find a use for the "mystery" spawn sequences they were probably nothing, and for that reason they are gone.

As for V1.33...Optimization!

it's always good to come back and look at your code after awhile; so you betcha, I read over every last bit.

Spawner Label

>>>players are no longer capable of entering vehicles as any of the bipeds that fire vehicle turrets; this is to prevent player's Xboxs' from freezing.

>>>all of the objects labeled spawner that spawn controllable bipeds are now automatically attached to the bipeds; this will allow players to always be able to take control of a biped just by moving near it rather than it's original spawn, assuming it has a boundary.  I suggest using a hill marker for a natural look.

>>>spawn sequences have been swapped around slightly; the Pelican and Phantom are now both under the same spawn sequence because lets face it, they're never going to be on the same map file and we need every last condition we can get.  The Longsword has been moved down one on the spawn sequence list and three map specific objects have been add into the old spawn sequence of the Longsword; check Boneyard, Spire, and Anchor 9.  Also the spawn sequence that had an affect on Breakpoint has been moved up one while the others have been removed.

Detach_Zone Label

>>>added a zone to change teams of objects/players within the zone; really only works on players when teams are disabled but can only change object colors when teams are enabled.  

I really need to make a zone that sets a player's team to none but I'm not sure I'll have space.

>>>added a zone to hopefully drop the weapons of the biped that you can control; the zone is hidden.

I kind of want to add a zone that hides all other zones but I'm pretty sure there won't be enough room.

>>>added several zones to convert players into the monitors with vehicle turrets; they haven't been working great so they might be removed unless you all really want them, so speak now before things get finalized.

Lift Label

>>>fixed a mistake so that the disappearing objects will actually be team based, my bad.

>>>added the ability to make objects appear when players are in the zone; it should be said that that this and the one that makes objects disappear are kind of designed for movable objects

>>>added alternatives to the disappearing and appearing abilities; designed more for non movable objects and may hopefully help with the rotating issue that I can't seem to rotate.

Health Label

>>>a new way to explore maps; not working out well for the non-connection hosts but still makes nice props?

New1 Label

New2 Label

There will be some more surprises if I manage to get it all tested before the holiday.  *Yeah I'm not making it, see you all on Wednesday.

So I recently decided to take a look at what exactly on the Spawner list could be spawned in Halo 4, granted a few other things could be spawned.

-1 through -6 various spartans, with the biped label in V1.29 and earlier
-7 through -12 various elites, with the biped label in V1.29 and earlier
if the spawner object has a boundary and the player is within that boundary as a monitor, the player will take control of the spartan or elite, only in V1.28 and later
-13 monitor, with the biped label
if the spawner object has a boundary and the player is within that boundary as a spartan or elite, the player will take control of the monitor, only in V1.28 and later
-14 invisible cube of derek, fire
-15 pelican, Spire only, only in V1.27 and later
-16 phantom, Boneyard and Breakpoint only, only in V1.27 and later
-17 longsword, Boneyard only, no collisions, only in V1.27 and later
-18 larger invisible cube of derek (fire) that attaches to the object that it spawns on, anything within the spawner object's boundary will take damage, only in V1.28 and later
-19 elite with flag, doesn't respawn, only in V1.28 and later; automatically awards points based on player species in V1.30 and later
-20 spartan with flag, doesn't respawn, only in V1.28 and later; automatically awards points based on player species in V1.30 and later
-21 monitor with flag, doesn't respawn, automatically awards points based on player species in V1.30 and later
-22 elite with skull, respawns, automatically awards points based on player species; only in V1.30 and later
-23 spartan with skull, respawns, automatically awards points based on player species; only in V1.30 and later
-24 monitor with skull, respawns, automatically awards points based on player species; only in V1.30 and later
-25 alarm sound 1; only in V1.30 and later, attaches to object with label in V1.32
-26 alarm sound 2; only in V1.30 and later, attaches to object with label in V1.32
-27 spawns a blinking light and alarm sound when entering the zone; only in V1.31 and later, attaches in V1.32
-28 spawns a blinking light and alarm sound when entering the zone; only in V1.31 and later, attaches in V1.32
-29 spawns an elite that will instantly die; only in V1.31 and later
-30 spawns a spartan that will instantly die; only in V1.31 and later
-31 spawns a monitor that will instantly die; only in V1.31 and later
-32 spawns and destroys a bomb when an enemy enters the zone; only in V1.31 and later
-33 spawns a spartan with a scorpion turret; only in V1.32
-34 spawns an elite with a wraith turret; only in V1.32
-35 spawns a spartan with a falcon turret; only in V1.32
-36 spawns an elite with a revenant turret; only in V1.32
-37 spawns a monitor with a scorpion turret; only in V1.32
-38 spawns a monitor with a wraith turret; only in V1.32
-39 spawns a monitor with a falcon turret; only in V1.32
-40 spawns a monitor with a revenant turret; only in V1.32
0 troop hog
1 falcon with front turret
2 detached machinegun turret
3 detached plasma turret

4 flag
5 bomb
6 ball, flaming skull
7 UNSC data core
8 Covenant power module
9 left grenadier turret from falcon
10 right grenadier turret from falcon
11 warthog machinegun turret
12 warthog rocket turret
13 warthog gauss turret, can't turn
14 scorpion machinegun turret, infantry, can't turn
15 wraith plasma turret, infantry, can't turn
16 anti air shade turret, only tested on Forge World, rotates in V1.29 and up!
17 fuel rod shade turret, only tested on Forge Wold, rotates in V1.29 and up!
18 target locator, only on Anchor 9, only in V1.28 and later
19 glitchy pelican that should attach to a falcon for a short time, only in V1.28 and later
20 custom vehicle, warthog with plasma shade turret; only tested on Forge World, only in V1.29 and later
21 custom vehicle, warthog with anti air shade turret; only tested on Forge World, only in V1.29 and later
22 custom vehicle, warthog with flak shade turret; only tested on Forge World, only in V1.29 and later
23 custom vehicle, falcon with plasma shade turret; only tested on Forge World, only in V1.31 and later
24 custom vehicle, falcon with anti air shade turret; only tested on Forge World, only in V1.31 and later
25 custom vehicle, falcon with flak shade turret; only tested on Forge World, only in V1.31 and later
26 custom vehicle, falcon with scorpion turret; only in V1.31 and later
27 custom vehicle, falcon with wraith turret; only in V1.31 and later
28 custom vehicle, warthog with scorpion turret; only in V1.31 and later
29 custom vehicle, warthog with wraith turret; only in V1.31 and later
30 custom vehicle, revenant with scorpion turret; only in V1.31 and later
31 custom vehicle, revenant with wraith turret; only in V1.31 and later
32 custom vehicle, mongoose with revenant turret; only in V1.31 and later
33 custom vehicle, ghost with revenant turret; only in V1.31 and later
34 ultra small scorpion turret that attaches to whatever object is labeled spawner, suggested for vehicles; only in V1.31 and later
35 ultra small wraith turret that attaches to whatever object is labeled spawner, suggested for vehicles; only in V1.31 and later
36 ultra small revenant turret that attaches to whatever object is labeled spawned, suggested for vehicles; only in V1.32 and later
37 ultra small falcon turret that attaches to whatever object is labeled spawned, suggested for vehicles; only in V1.32 and later

I will say that it's kind of nice that the Scorpion turret in Halo 4 doesn't have any kickback but at the same time it doesn't shoot at the cross hair.

post-13514-0-99774000-1404320586_thumb.j

ImageLink

Everything else seems to be up and running in Halo 4 though; send me a private message if you're interested in perhaps checking it out.

I'd say we'll probably see V1.33 by midday next Friday.  Thanks for your interest as this gametype comes to a close.

Edited by 7ime

what object would be best for award point system cause we want to be a game ender for raids we try using player models but it didnt work so yeah what would be best

I'd say we'll probably see V1.33 by midday next Friday.  Thanks for your interest as this gametype comes to a close.

What do you mean by this? You going to end this amazing game type soon? 

I think it's safe to assume that he has reached the limit of what can be done with the modded variant.
7ime and HybyrdZero like this

Can you maybe make a way to get rid of the lights on attachments? they cause extra lag on my map and get annoying when they block the view and etc, like when you have a ghost with revenant turret (that I think looks good with the attachment) theres this big ball in the way

Get trusty quick question how many different things are there to spawn and could you list it all please

From the OP:

spawner Filter;

spawns various objects;

spawn sequences:

-1 through -6 various spartans, with the biped label in V1.29 and earlier

-7 through -12 various elites, with the biped label in V1.29 and earlier

if the spawner object has a boundary and the player is within that boundary as a monitor, the player will take control of the spartan or elite, only in V1.28 and later

-13 monitor, with the biped label

if the spawner object has a boundary and the player is within that boundary as a spartan or elite, the player will take control of the monitor, only in V1.28 and later

-14 invisible cube of derek, fire

-15 pelican, Spire only, only in V1.27 and later

-16 phantom, Boneyard and Breakpoint only, only in V1.27 and later; moved to -15 in V1.33

-17 longsword, Boneyard only, no collisions, only in V1.27 and later; moved to -16 in V1.33

-18 larger invisible cube of derek (fire) that attaches to the object that it spawns on, anything within the spawner object's boundary will take damage, only in V1.28 and later

-19 elite with flag, doesn't respawn, only in V1.28 and later; automatically awards points based on player species in V1.30 and later

-20 spartan with flag, doesn't respawn, only in V1.28 and later; automatically awards points based on player species in V1.30 and later

-21 monitor with flag, doesn't respawn, automatically awards points based on player species in V1.30 and later

-22 elite with skull, respawns, automatically awards points based on player species; only in V1.30 and later

-23 spartan with skull, respawns, automatically awards points based on player species; only in V1.30 and later

-24 monitor with skull, respawns, automatically awards points based on player species; only in V1.30 and later

-25 alarm sound 1; only in V1.30 and later, attaches to object with label in V1.32

-26 alarm sound 2; only in V1.30 and later, attaches to object with label in V1.32

-27 spawns a blinking light and alarm sound when entering the zone; only in V1.31 and later, attaches in V1.32

-28 spawns a blinking light and alarm sound when entering the zone; only in V1.31 and later, attaches in V1.32

-29 spawns an elite that will instantly die; only in V1.31 and later

-30 spawns a spartan that will instantly die; only in V1.31 and later

-31 spawns a monitor that will instantly die; only in V1.31 and later

-32 spawns and destroys a bomb when an enemy enters the zone; only in V1.31 and later

-33 spawns a spartan with a scorpion turret; only in V1.32 and later

-34 spawns an elite with a wraith turret; only in V1.32 and later

-35 spawns a spartan with a falcon turret; only in V1.32 and later

-36 spawns an elite with a revenant turret; only in V1.32 and later

-37 spawns a monitor with a scorpion turret; only in V1.32 and later

-38 spawns a monitor with a wraith turret; only in V1.32 and later

-39 spawns a monitor with a falcon turret; only in V1.32 and later

-40 spawns a monitor with a revenant turret; only in V1.32 and later

-41 attaches everything not within it's boundary to this object, includes the skybox; only in V1.32 and later

-42 likely does nothing right now but who knows

-43 activates lights and sounds on Breakpoint; only in V1.32 and later

0 troop hog

1 falcon with front turret

2 detached machinegun turret

3 detached plasma turret

4 flag

5 bomb

6 ball, flaming skull

7 UNSC data core

8 Covenant power module

9 left grenadier turret from falcon

10 right grenadier turret from falcon

11 warthog machinegun turret

12 warthog rocket turret

13 warthog gauss turret, can't turn

14 scorpion machinegun turret, infantry, can't turn

15 wraith plasma turret, infantry, can't turn

16 anti air shade turret, only tested on Forge World, rotates in V1.29 and up!

17 fuel rod shade turret, only tested on Forge Wold, rotates in V1.29 and up!

18 target locator, only on Anchor 9, only in V1.28 and later

19 glitchy pelican that should attach to a falcon for a short time, only in V1.28 and later

20 custom vehicle, warthog with plasma shade turret; only tested on Forge World, only in V1.29 and later

21 custom vehicle, warthog with anti air shade turret; only tested on Forge World, only in V1.29 and later

22 custom vehicle, warthog with flak shade turret; only tested on Forge World, only in V1.29 and later

23 custom vehicle, falcon with plasma shade turret; only tested on Forge World, only in V1.31 and later

24 custom vehicle, falcon with anti air shade turret; only tested on Forge World, only in V1.31 and later

25 custom vehicle, falcon with flak shade turret; only tested on Forge World, only in V1.31 and later

26 custom vehicle, falcon with scorpion turret; only in V1.31 and later

27 custom vehicle, falcon with wraith turret; only in V1.31 and later

28 custom vehicle, warthog with scorpion turret; only in V1.31 and later

29 custom vehicle, warthog with wraith turret; only in V1.31 and later

30 custom vehicle, revenant with scorpion turret; only in V1.31 and later

31 custom vehicle, revenant with wraith turret; only in V1.31 and later

32 custom vehicle, mongoose with revenant turret; only in V1.31 and later

33 custom vehicle, ghost with revenant turret; only in V1.31 and later

34 ultra small scorpion turret that attaches to whatever object is labeled spawner, suggested for vehicles; only in V1.31 and later

35 ultra small wraith turret that attaches to whatever object is labeled spawner, suggested for vehicles; only in V1.31 and later

36 ultra small revenant turret that attaches to whatever object is labeled spawned, suggested for vehicles; only in V1.32 and later

37 ultra small falcon turret that attaches to whatever object is labeled spawned, suggested for vehicles; only in V1.32 and later

7ime likes this

what object would be best for award point system cause we want to be a game ender for raids we try using player models but it didnt work so yeah what would be best

Some sort of vehicle with a spawn sequence of 0 or perhaps a weapon they have to pick up.  The bipeds award points but do not end the game.

I won't specifically say anything but there is a reason why I'm taking my time on this update.

Can you maybe make a way to get rid of the lights on attachments? they cause extra lag on my map and get annoying when they block the view and etc, like when you have a ghost with revenant turret (that I think looks good with the attachment) theres this big ball in the way

What version are you using?  There shouldn't be a "big ball" in the way and I don't really plan on removing the only identifying mark of the attachments.  If they're really causing that much lag, you probably have to many things on the map.

7ime, your variant can't be decoded.  Any reason why?

Something doesn't want the dark magic inside to get out.  Honestly, I have no idea.

When is 1.33 coming out again? 

Well it's basically been done for nearly two weeks now, I just haven't had the time to test it; so who knows when.

XITOADX and HybyrdZero like this