Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shanez1215

Gametype
Classic CTF

11 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Pfeuff said:

New File Browser link for Classic CTF > https://halo4stats.halowaypoint.com/en-US/Halo4/Pfoiffee/fileshare/77ea03f2-5b91-4a2c-bdb9-b801dc5556ca

Note: if the link I post doesn't work, try replacing the gamertag (.../Halo4/"Pfoiffee"/fileshare/...) with your own (which was linked to Halo 4 stats).

Classic CTF is a new CTF gametype that changes the flags to Extraction Beacons, which can be freely picked up and dropped like past Halo objectives.

It uses Custom CTF as a base, and the latter uses Kornman's HalomodsCTF as it's base, which was a gametype that came out a while ago that added new traitsets and options to the default CTF gametype (Changelist).

Although it shares many options with Custom CTF, some of them had to be dropped because they were buggy with this new style of CTF, and some had to be added.

Gametype Options

-Flag Return Time

-Flag Reset Time

-Game Style

-Carry Style SET TO CLASSIC

-Announcer Style NEW

Flag at Home Requirement

-Carrier Visibility NEW

-Sprint Usage NEW

-Appearance NEW

-Capture Points NEW

-Kill Points NEW

-Carrier Kill Points NEW

-Flag Return Points NEW

-Capture Bro Radius

-Overtime Length

Object Filters

-ctf

-ctf_flag_return

-ctf_respawn_zone

-ctf_respawn_zone_away

-ctf_del NEW

-team_spawn

-attach_parent NEW

-attach_child NEW

-object_hide NEW

-civilian_vehicle NEW

Some interesting things to know

• HalomodsCTF had a bug where the flag return radius would change with the flag pickup radius option. That has been fixed.
  • Setting the Appearance option to Junior reduces the player's scale to 85%. This effectively reduces hitbox size and makes strafing more effective. This concept was first introduced in Promod and is mainly meant to appease players in the wait for Unity+ or the next version of Promod
  • Since ctf_del was added to this gametype, it won't work for any other version of CTF.
  • Offensive and Defensive traits have been reworked (traitsets have been combined) to ensure that all traitsets are editable in-game. (Previously not even Horizon showed them all).
  • All options relating to time have had many new values added, such as 20 Seconds or 3 Minutes
  • I edited the defaults for several options so players won't have to spend too much time in the menus before playing it.
  • The Flag Kills statistic has been replaced with the traditional Flag Returns one, however, returning the flag still awards a Flag Defense Medal too. Don't know why.
  • 3-Flag Classic had to be removed due to bugs
  • Announcer Style changes if the announcer will call out if the Flag has been picked up or dropped. "Limited" removes the "carrying flag" announcement, "None" removes all of them, and "Default" allows all of them.
  • The gametype has not had much testing outside of split screen, so the new style may have prevented some announcements from working. Not sure

Is that classic carry style what I think it is?

Is it true that we have a two handed flag carry style !?

Classic CTF is a new CTF gametype that changes the flags to Extraction Beacons, which can be freely picked up and dropped like past Halo objectives.

Sounds like the flags are swapped out for Beacons to compensate for the lack of two-handed flag carrying.

Yeah. The Flag is an object in this game, not a weapon, so it'd probably take some roundabout hackish way to do Classic CTF with Flags.

Edited by shanez1215

Could you make a variant of this where the speed boost and damage boost gives the player good camo? This would be perfect to use for classic matches on some remakes who have power ups on map. Also thanks so much for this you have no idea how long iv been waiting for a classic ctf like this!!!!!  

Edited by xsjados

Could you make a variant of this where the speed boost and damage boost gives the player good camo? This would be perfect to use for classic matches on some remakes who have power ups on map. Also thanks so much for this you have no idea how long iv been waiting for a classic ctf like this!!!!!

I don't want to have a ton of variations of this gametype, but it will be in the next version of promod by Overkill, once I finish the gametype I'm making

I don't want to have a ton of variations of this gametype, but it will be in the next version of promod by Overkill, once I finish the gametype I'm making

Awesome good to hear. Cant wait for that to come out! :)

Sup xsjados. Yeah, Promod will featured Classic CTF and will have DB as Camo as well as the classic experience that everyone wants.

Edited by oVR