Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shanez1215

Gametype
Custom CTF

11 posts in this topic

On 6/21/2016 at 0:33 AM, Pfeuff said:

New File Browser link for Custom CTF > https://halo4stats.halowaypoint.com/en-US/Halo4/Pfoiffee/fileshare/cb8db667-4ba9-49d9-b26a-d3e2f3ca75b2

Note: if the link I post doesn't work, try replacing the gamertag (.../Halo4/"Pfoiffee"/fileshare/...) with your own (which was linked to Halo 4 stats).

Custom CTF is a new CTF gametype that adds numerous new options to CTF, many of which the Halo community has been asking for, along with several new features that the modding community has discovered.

It uses Kornman's HalomodsCTF gametype as a base, which added several options and traits to the on-disk gametype (Changelist), hence the author's name: Korn N Toasty

Gametype Options
-Flag Return Time
-Flag Reset Time
-Game Style 3 Flag Added
-Carry Style NEW
- Flag at Home Requirement
-Carrier Visibility NEW
-Sprint Usage NEW
-Appearance NEW
-Enemy Capture Points NEW
-Neutral Capture Points NEW
-Kill Points NEW
-Carrier Kill Points NEW
-Flag Return Points NEW
-Flag Pickup Radius
-Capture Bro Radius
-Overtime Length

Object Filters
-ctf
-ctf_flag_return
-ctf_respawn_zone
-ctf_respawn_zone_away
-ctf_del NEW
-team_spawn
-attach_parent NEW
-attach_child NEW
-object_hide NEW
-civilian_vehicle NEW

Some interesting things to know
  • HalomodsCTF had a bug where the flag return radius would change with the flag pickup radius option. That has been fixed.
  • Setting the Appearance option to Junior reduces the player's scale to 85%. This effectively reduces hitbox size and makes strafing more effective. This concept was first introduced in Promod.
  • Since ctf_del was added in this gametype, it won't work for any other version of CTF.
  • Offensive and Defensive traits have been reworked (traitsets have been combined) to ensure that all traitsets are editable in-game. (Previously not even Horizon showed them all).
  • All options relating to time have had many new values added, such as 20 Seconds or 3 Minutes

Ooh, sincere apologies for deleting the last thread. "Custom" and "Classic" were so close to eachother at the time I thought it was a double post. :blush:

Ooh, sincere apologies for deleting the last thread. "Custom" and "Classic" were so close to eachother at the time I thought it was a double post. :blush:

It's fine. Thanks for telling me :)

... English mate 

He's saying the bug is not limited to this gametype, but is a bug in Halo 4 itself, and that standard CTF has the same bug you mentioned.

Teancum likes this

He's saying the bug is not limited to this gametype, but is a bug in Halo 4 itself, and that standard CTF has the same bug you mentioned.

I think it might be related to a title update. It used to be I could colorize the flag before the last TU.

I think it might be related to a title update. It used to be I could colorize the flag before the last TU.

the bug was in halomods ctf as well

the bug was in halomods ctf as well

He's saying the bug is not limited to this gametype, but is a bug in Halo 4 itself

It's a global issue. You'll find it in any CTF game in Halo 4.