Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MTACKillSwitch

.MAP
Halo 4 Assembly Memory Editing [UPDATED 30/5/14]

3 posts in this topic

Hi decided to do a small tutorial for a few things i like doing in halo 4 customs with afew mates or XBC, Most of this will work in Halo 3 and reach also.

Enjoy!!. 

Note: you need a JTAG/RGH and Assembly

Thanks to Lord Zedd helping me over the years

Flying Vehicles

1. Open the .map file and click tags (tags located top left of screen)

2. Scroll down and find the tag -Vehi

3. Click the Storm_Banshee_mp

4. Using the search bar search for "Jet engine" and you should find Jet Engine motion properties

5. Click the Information drop down arrow and copy the text/numbers in the address EG (0xBEFF0C00)

ed3cd027849ce0fac7aef3c6f4749c19.png

6. Now in the -Vehi tag click the vehicle you would like to fly and repeat Step 4.

7. Click the information drop down arrow and Paste the text you copied from Step 5. and set the Count text to 1

8. Now depending on what vehicle your motion swapping, you will have to search for a different names. Use the list below to search for the vehicle your using

Vehicles     |   Search with these names

--------------+-----------------------------------

Warthog - Engine Motion Properties

Mongoose - Engine Motion Properties 

Ghost - Antigravity Motion Properties

wraith - Antigravity Motion Properties

Scorpion - Tank Engine Motion Properties

Warthog - Engine Motion Properties

Banshee - Jet engine motion properties

9. Now that you have searched for your vehicles motion properties, Click the information drop down arrow and Nill out the address and the Count to 1

4dd5e38ce350a279ab7560ca5f9fff2a.png10. Click the Quick Poke button and spawn your vehicle and it should fly

NOTE: If you or any player is in the vehicle you have changing you will freeze your console so delete all vehicles if possible

Projectile Swapping

1. Open the .map file and click tags (tags located top left of screen)

2. Scroll down and find the tag -weap

3. Click the weapon you want to modify in my case the Storm_covenant_Carbine

4. Using the search bar search for " initial projectile " and you should find a drop down box switch the projectile in the box to your selected projectile

5. Click Quick Poke and fire away 

5279c1052eb303d148db400c8baceedb.png

Rocket Launcher - Heat Seeking Rockets

Ok by now i think i don`t need to tell you how to find the tags i`m using, So i`m going to shorten up the steps.

1. Go to the Tag -Weap

2. Find the rocket launcher and click it

3. Now search for "tracking"

4. again in the -Weap tag find the needler and search for tracking and copy the text in the address box

5. paste the text you copied from step 4 into the rocket launcher tracking address  

6. Click Quick Poke and enjoy

ad2cf1bc2086df19944efbf39d76a710.png7b615e1ae6bdb368d93dc1af5349cc88.png

TankHog / Child Object swapping

1. Go to the Tag -HLMT

2. Find the Storm_warthog.hlmt and click it

3. Now search for "child object"

4. Click the drop down box and select the Storm_scorpion_cannon or your selected Object EG: you can also use the tag -Bloc and spawn these object

6. Click Quick Poke and enjoy

511b4e511e.png

NOTE: You cant change the child object to itself as it will freeze the game, So don't make a warthog turret a warthog

Using -Effe to spawn objects (all players can see this. also good for projectile modding)

1. Go to the Tag -Effe

2. Find your weapons firing effect Storm_br\fx\Firing and click it

3. Scroll down to Anticipated class tag and rename this to obje

4. Click the drop down box for Spawned tag and select the Proj

5. Select a projectile in the drop-down box you would like to shoot

6. Click Quick Poke and enjoy

eb1fa4a58a.png

03c42d94dc.png

Flying Warthog for all players

SAME STEPS AS FLYING WARTHOG MOSTLY

1. Open the .map file and click tags (tags located top left of screen)

2. Scroll down and find the tag -Vehi

3. Click the Storm_Banshee_mp

4. Using the search bar search for "Jet engine" and you should find Jet Engine motion properties

5. Click the Information drop down arrow and copy the text/numbers in the address EG (0xBEFF0C00)

ed3cd027849ce0fac7aef3c6f4749c19.png

6. Now in the -Vehi tag click the vehicle you would like to fly and repeat Step 4.

7. Click the information drop down arrow and Paste the text you copied from Step 5. and set the Count text to 1

8. Now depending on what vehicle your motion swapping, you will have to search for a different names. Use the list below to search for the vehicle your using

Vehicles     |   Search with these names

--------------+-----------------------------------

Warthog - Engine Motion Properties

Mongoose - Engine Motion Properties 

Ghost - Antigravity Motion Properties

wraith - Antigravity Motion Properties

Scorpion - Tank Engine Motion Properties

Warthog - Engine Motion Properties

Banshee - Jet engine motion properties

9. Now that you have searched for your vehicles motion properties, Click the information drop down arrow and Nill out the address and the Count to 1

4dd5e38ce350a279ab7560ca5f9fff2a.png10. Ok, so now we are going to change the jet Engine motion properties on the vehicle we want all players to fly.

So search for acceleration and change this to -500

0eae3d3c3f.png

11. Click Quick poke and done (Other Players have to pull back on the left stick then push forward to start flying)

NOTE: If you or any player is in the vehicle you have changing you will freeze your console so delete all vehicles if possible

Remove barriers:

Open up the map you wish to edit in assembly
Search for the tag sddt, > search Design MOPP Codes, > show information (i), > under count, change the value to 0

Search for the tag scnr > select your map file, > search Scenario Kill Trigger  > show information (i), > under count, change the value to 0 for anything labelled trigger

Note: Dont change "Trigger Volumes" values

>Search Scenario Safe Trigger > show information (i), > under count, change the value to 0 for anything labelled trigger

More Coming Soon

Edited by MTACKillSwitch

Updated with 3 more things while i had some free time. I found out how anyplayer Host or not can fly a warthog. check the last tutorial