Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

AbandonedCashew

Gametype
The Plague (2.0)

40 posts in this topic

Update 2.0
Now with performance upgrades and some new labels, Plague can return better than ever!

Based off of Insanmiac's Carrier gametype concept and inspired by the lack of original flood games, this gametype is an ultra mod of Flood with numerous game changing features and innovative forging tools. With enough options to configure almost every aspect of this gametype, it has the potential to replace any existing flood variant, and start a new trend of flood maps and themes with it's great new play style. Big thanks to Thunder and the modding community all around.

Update 2.0 comes with a few good and a few helpful tools for creating the new Flood experience.

Labels have been renamed accordingly, so make sure to update your maps.
Performance issues have been 85% eliminated, note that host migrations will prevent reviving for their duration.
Three new labels: bridge, degrade, and waypoint.
Bridge spawns in a piece when a terminal is captured,
Degrade retracts dominion pieces when a terminal is captured,
and Waypoint shoes an aesthetic navigation icon which is very customizable.
The Waypoint system goes by User Data as the index for what icon to show, or with a spawn sequence of 1, it will show the letter for the User Data (1=A 2=B etc). The waypoint label can be triggered by a terminal if also labelled bridge.
Keep in mind that the label for spawn zones is untested, so if you want to use them on linear maps then just test the map before hand. They should work with the bridge and object spawn labels.
The reviving process now has a timer on the wounded player when they are healed, and points are added to the healer when the process completes. There is also an in game option for the time it takes to revive a player.
Revive points are now a thing as well, reviving a player is rewarding!
Alpha Flood now have customizable weapons and more.
Speaking of Alpha Flood, I found and fixed Alphas becoming normal Flood after one death.

3 hours ago, Pfeuff said:

New File Browser link for Plague > https://halo4stats.halowaypoint.com/en-US/Halo4/Pfoiffee/fileshare/95e30489-8e5a-468f-af12-b45989783773

Note: if the link I post doesn't work, try replacing the gamertag (.../Halo4/"Pfoiffee"/fileshare/...) with your own (which was linked to Halo 4 stats).

Credits:
Cashew (gametype, core concepts, main functions, motivation, blood sweat and tears, organization)
343 Industries (base and rico_decor)
Thunder (huge help with logic and base switches)
Matt (enhanced killfeed, no weapon vehicles)

Pfeuff, 0IAH, Thunder and 5 others like this

Update 1!

Bug causing all dom pieces to activate upon one terminal being activated now fixed. Dom terminals are completely functional and have working channels by spawn sequence.

Update 2!

Object scale now shows for not only the connection host, but everyone!

Edited by AbandonedCashew

Good job, & well done. I like. I should really finish my slayer one, but I really don't fee up to it. lol. I have it set-up & all, just need to fix the two last scale mods is all that deal with timers, but again really tired of halo period. Maybe when I get aroun to it, in meantime, good job. 

AbandonedCashew likes this

Can you explain how the dominion switches work? An example perhaps?

Spawn Sequence = channel

User Data = time (in seconds) to capture

See the guide for what it can be used for.

can some one make insainmiacs incrsion flood mode next!!! i have already thought of the perfect map. please!

Edited by deaths eye

can some one make insainmiacs incrsion flood mode next!!! i have already thought of the perfect map. please!

What is incrsion flood?

I played some of this today and I have some suggestions:

Large Flood to be a bit larger, think Gravemind gametype. Also the walking speed is soooo slow that the resistance should be a bit greater to make up for how difficult it is to get to players.

Also, this goes for all infection gametypes that exists, scoring should only be based on survival time and not actual kills. A player that survives longer but is passive b/c they have a good hiding spot should count more than a player that gets a ton of kills off of cannon fodder. 

eg: 1 guy gets good hiding spot at beginning of round, chaotic zombie slaughterfest outside but everyone dies quickly, the guy survives the longest so he gets the highest score

the kills in infection should be a side effect of the gametype and not the objective of the match. must also consider players that dont get to play as humans as often resulting in much less potential kills

Several invasion functions are broke, however it could be done.  I'm currently working on something else atm.  Maybe you or someone else could make this gametype. I sort of like this idea however.

Snip

In response to heavy flood, they are 5% larger than gravemind's alpha flood. The reason they are so slow and supposedly underpowered is that on small maps, heavy flood dominate, so I needed a medium. Try the gametype on different sized maps and youll see what I mean. A lot of balancing went into them, (as soon as I made them stronger, games lasted under 1 minute).

In response to heavy flood, they are 5% larger than gravemind's alpha flood. The reason they are so slow and supposedly underpowered is that on small maps, heavy flood dominate, so I needed a medium. Try the gametype on different sized maps and youll see what I mean. A lot of balancing went into them, (as soon as I made them stronger, games lasted under 1 minute).

Understandable

The survival time for scoring should be something to consider though.

I'm a very competitive player at heart and dont really like Infection/Flood but can see that the scoring system is fundamentally broken and results in less enjoyment due to the shallow gameplay.

Understandable

I'm a very competitive player at heart and dont really like Infection/Flood but can see that the scoring system is fundamentally broken and results in less enjoyment due to the shallow gameplay.

I will look at that and see what could be done, thanks for the feedback nonetheless.

come on. my computer wont let me use half the stuff to make it, so all i can do is download these.

I'll help. What type of computer do you have?

I will look at that and see what could be done, thanks for the feedback nonetheless.

Add in a survival mode perhaps... and an option to switch between kills and survival time for scoring?

Several invasion functions are broke, however it could be done.  I'm currently working on something else atm.  Maybe you or someone else could make this gametype. I sort of like this idea however.

i just wanted the over time "new flood loadouts" idea. you can put in the objectives if you want to. but it sure would make it really intence for the humans.

Edited by deaths eye

Have you considered using Safe Havens for the gametype? It would certainly make this much more flexible when it comes to playstyles. I wonder what barricades are? If the work then it would be a godsend to the Holdout style of Infection.

<entry name="flood_barricade_weakened_ff"/><entry name="flood_barricade_destroyed_ff"/>

Also, whats this?

<entry name="flood_poll_for_zombies"/>

Have you considered using Safe Havens for the gametype? It would certainly make this much more flexible when it comes to playstyles. I wonder what barricades are? If the work then it would be a godsend to the Holdout style of Infection.

<entry name="flood_barricade_weakened_ff"/><entry name="flood_barricade_destroyed_ff"/>

Also, whats this?

<entry name="flood_poll_for_zombies"/>

You know there is safe havens set-up in flood, all that is needed is to set the filters up, I've looked over it plenty of times that is all I can see why they are not working. 

Edited by Cosmic lightning

I flat out removed them from plague to clear out 2 user option spaces lol

U could add them back as an forge filter & use User Data & Spawn Sequence for scoring with them, just an idea.

I'm having trouble getting the Dominion labels to work.

What I want to do is have a massive door that a one player will have to "hack" by holding the Dominion Terminal for a full minute. On a smaller scale this can also be used to have rooms full of weapons that have to be "hacked" first before they can be entered.

The problem is no matter what I set the User Data to, the terminal automatically activates and the door automatically disappears just by entering the boundary. No button holding. Instant activation. Not what I expected with a 60 for User Data. They also have the same spawn sequence, 1. Turrets don't build with the dom_fortifcation label when linked with a terminal, but barricades do. So do monitors. They instantly turn on as soon as I enter the boundry around the Dominion terminal.

I'm testing this alone, by the way, no other players in the game, if that matters.

Am I doing something wrong? Did I get an older version some how? I'm pretty sure I have the newest one since I downloaded it only a few days ago, a week ago tops.

I'm having trouble getting the Dominion labels to work.

What I want to do is have a massive door that a one player will have to "hack" by holding the Dominion Terminal for a full minute. On a smaller scale this can also be used to have rooms full of weapons that have to be "hacked" first before they can be entered.

The problem is no matter what I set the User Data to, the terminal automatically activates and the door automatically disappears just by entering the boundary. No button holding. Instant activation. Not what I expected with a 60 for User Data. They also have the same spawn sequence, 1. Turrets don't build with the dom_fortifcation label when linked with a terminal, but barricades do. So do monitors. They instantly turn on as soon as I enter the boundry around the Dominion terminal.

I'm testing this alone, by the way, no other players in the game, if that matters.

Am I doing something wrong? Did I get an older version some how? I'm pretty sure I have the newest one since I downloaded it only a few days ago, a week ago tops.

I do remember that being a bug of the older versions.  Make sure it's 1.2.2.  Also, just to be sure, you're put the dom_terminal label on the terminals right?  I don't know what the game without them.