Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The404Spartan

Support
Rotating the model

7 posts in this topic

I'm a little confused on how to rotate the model with Assembly. ie) When I spawn the my Cruiser the body is turned 45 degrees left instead of having the body straight with the seat. I know it's something in the mode but I always tend to screw up and stretch it out of proportion.

cHX8fFz.jpg

Edited by The404Spartan

There isn't an easy way to rotate nodes, especially in Reach.

The only way to do it is to mess with its rotation matrix.

...And in searching again about rotation matrices just now I found this handy thing http://www.idomaths.com/linear_transformation_3d.php

Gonna bookmark that link myself because god damn is it helpful.

Another edit: Ghost picture used the values in the matrix itself, not the ones above it that I should have used (and did use for the elites). You aren't limited to the rotation option either, though I'm done hijacking with pics so you'll have to see yourself.

To do this to the ghost hull:

ZCgiea4.jpg

I did this on that site with the 9 inverse forward/left/up values:

5231ccc69c2ac40c120618870d0f621a.png

EDIT: It may also be wise to include the inverse position xyz and the least rounding like so:

dabcc2c7ec215e47aa153111544a3c0c.png

...To create an abomination like this

Qj1EqYG.jpg

There isn't an easy way to rotate nodes, especially in Reach.

The only way to do it is to mess with its rotation matrix.

...And in searching again about rotation matrices just now I found this handy thing http://www.idomaths.com/linear_transformation_3d.php

Gonna bookmark that link myself because god damn is it helpful.

Another edit: Ghost picture used the values in the matrix itself, not the ones above it that I should have used (and did use for the elites). You aren't limited to the rotation option either, though I'm done hijacking with pics so you'll have to see yourself.

To do this to the ghost hull:

I did this on that site with the 9 inverse forward/left/up values:

EDIT: It may also be wise to include the inverse position xyz and the least rounding like so:

...To create an abomination like this

Thanks!

How would I rotate how to the projectile comes out of the weapon?  Say I wanted to have a beam rifle to shoot up 45 degrees up instead of having it shoot straight. What would I have to change?

Edited by The404Spartan

How would I rotate how to the projectile comes out of the weapon?  Say I wanted to have a beam rifle to shoot up 45 degrees up instead of having it shoot straight. What would I have to change?

Take a look over this post (particularly Zedd's post near the end).

Take a look over this post (particularly Zedd's post near the end).

That only seems to work for vehicles for whatever reason.