Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Zerker24

Gametype
Freeze Tag

24 posts in this topic

This gametype originated as a random idea from Cosmic lightning. After a few hours work, I had a working version. This is actually REALLY fun to play in large groups of people. I still need to add some things, but it is working overall. This is also my first 100% custom modded gametype, so any suggestions on improving would be greatly appreciated. I hope you guys like this Freeze Tag that does not freeze anyone's xbox. Let me know what you think!

How the game is played:

• Player is chosen at random to be the "Chaser"
  • The chaser will be frozen(Movement = 0, gravity = 0) by the amount of time you choose.
  • Once the player is unfrozen, he can then track down and tag the one of the other players.
  • The chaser can tag a player by dealing damage. default weapon is a plasma pistol.
  • When a player is tagged, the 15 second timer resets, and the tagged player gets frozen for that amount of time.
  • When a player gets tagged, everyone but the person that is tagged will get a point.
  • The person with the most points when the limit is hit, or when the timer runs out wins.

Features:

• Custom game option for the amount of time a player is frozen.
  • Custom game option for a waypoint over the chasers head.
  • On Screen timer for when you are frozen. "Frozen for %n seconds.".
  • The chaser is white, but black when tagged.
  • The announcer will say "New VIP" when someone is tagged, and there is a custom message that says "{Gamertag} is now the Chaser"
  • When a player takes damage, their health is set to 100 automatically. The only way I have found to get a kill is auto kill weapons. (Spartan Laser, Binary Rifle, ect...)

• On suicide, that person becomes the chaser.

Any suggestions would be fantastic. I would love to add more options!. Please let me know your thoughts.

Special thanks to Cosmic Lightning for the idea and testing when needed. He was a fantastic help.

Updates:

V1.1:

• On suicide the player becomes the Chaser.
  • Made the Chaser and Frozen traits visible.

On 6/21/2016 at 0:24 AM, Pfeuff said:

New File Browser link for Freeze Tag V1.1 > https://halo4stats.halowaypoint.com/en-US/Halo4/Pfoiffee/fileshare/c81df23a-9dec-4877-a3a9-5408cc72d47a

Note: if the link I post doesn't work, try replacing the gamertag (.../Halo4/"Pfoiffee"/fileshare/...) with your own (which was linked to Halo 4 stats).

Just some quick gameplay questions.

1. Does anything else happen when someone tags the chaser besides him turning black?
  2. How does the chaser accumulate points?
  3. Is there a way to have more than one chaser?

I'm very excited to give this a try later this week!  Glad to see someone went and ran with this idea.

Cosmic lightning likes this

Just some quick gameplay questions.

1. Does anything else happen when someone tags the chaser besides him turning black?
  2. How does the chaser accumulate points?
  3. Is there a way to have more than one chaser?

I'm very excited to give this a try later this week!  Glad to see someone went and ran with this idea.

To answer your first question, yes. There are two trait sets. Chaser and Frozen. Frozen has the color set to black, and chaser has the color set to white. When someone is tagged, they get the Frozen traits applied, then a timer starts. Once the timer is up, they get the chaser traits applied to them. The frozen traits simply have movement/jump height set to 0.

When someone gets tagged, everyone gets a point BUT the person that just got tagged. So the objective is to get tagged less than everyone else.

I do not currently have a way for multiple chasers, but the idea is in the works. I might have a 1-4 setting. Not sure yet.

Cosmic lightning likes this

To answer your first question, yes. There are two trait sets. Chaser and Frozen. Frozen has the color set to black, and chaser has the color set to white. When someone is tagged, they get the Frozen traits applied, then a timer starts. Once the timer is up, they get the chaser traits applied to them. The frozen traits simply have movement/jump height set to 0.

When someone gets tagged, everyone gets a point BUT the person that just got tagged. So the objective is to get tagged less than everyone else.

I do not currently have a way for multiple chasers, but the idea is in the works. I might have a 1-4 setting. Not sure yet.

Ah ok. Thanks for answering. As for adding multiple chasers. 1-4 is probably your best option. You could probably use teams in the same way flood does. just move people back and forth.

Ah ok. Thanks for answering. As for adding multiple chasers. 1-4 is probably your best option. You could probably use teams in the same way flood does. just move people back and forth.

1-4 was my plan, I don't like teams though because you can see where everyone else is hiding. I just need to add three more global players. I'm also looking into making you only be able to tag someone if you punch them (Not sure how I am going to be able to yet. :P)

1-4 was my plan, I don't like teams though because you can see where everyone else is hiding. I just need to add three more global players. I'm also looking into making you only be able to tag someone if you punch them (Not sure how I am going to be able to yet. :tongue:)

Generally the only thing you can do as far I'm aware is get the damage type for a death.  The player would have to die first in order to accomplish that.  You could just give everyone an energy sword.

Generally the only thing you can do as far I'm aware is get the damage type for a death.  The player would have to die first in order to accomplish that.  You could just give everyone an energy sword.

Problem is it is instant kill right now & the whole point was to be like tag, get points for punching people without killing each other. lol. That is what everyone's request is to somehow make it look like you are punching each other. I'm actually reviewing the code to see if there is something I can do myself.

Edited by Cosmic lightning

Maybe using a plasma pistol you could increase the bloom to the size of your screen so it practically is impossible to hit anyone, and make it so one shot overheats your gun... Idk thats what comes to mind.

Maybe using a plasma pistol you could increase the bloom to the size of your screen so it practically is impossible to hit anyone, and make it so one shot overheats your gun... Idk thats what comes to mind.

I thought about messing with the weapon tuning, but I have NO experience with it. How would i accomplish this.

In the WeaponTuning, all under the Plasma Pistol,

Change Value15 under OneBarrel to a huge number (Base Bloom here),

Change Value1 and Value4 under OneBarrelWeapons to Zero (Overheat threshold and Overheat Recovery time).

I hope that works lol

In the WeaponTuning, all under the Plasma Pistol,

Change Value15 under OneBarrel to a huge number (Base Bloom here),

Change Value1 and Value4 under OneBarrelWeapons to Zero (Overheat threshold and Overheat Recovery time).

I hope that works lol

My Weapon Tuning does not have the plasma pistol, what is it just PlasmaPistol?

What about using:

DamageReportingType:--->Generic Melee Damage

Couldn't you use it as a condition to see if anyone received damage via melee and then apply the proper Freeze to said player?

What about using:

DamageReportingType:--->Generic Melee Damage

Couldn't you use it as a condition to see if anyone received damage via melee and then apply the proper Freeze to said player?

Would that not require a death?

No idea. However, if that doesn't work, you COULD give everyone a plasma pistol, set the damage for it to 0, set fall damage to 0, and just do a check on a player's shields. If the shields are less than 95% (to be safe), then it's assumed the player was tagged, since a melee would be the only thing that could do damage. So you could then use that condition to determine if a player was tagged.

No idea. However, if that doesn't work, you COULD give everyone a plasma pistol, set the damage for it to 0, set fall damage to 0, and just do a check on a player's shields. If the shields are less than 95% (to be safe), then it's assumed the player was tagged, since a melee would be the only thing that could do damage. So you could then use that condition to determine if a player was tagged.

My plain was already to set the plasma pistols damage to , but I cannot find the correct value in the weapon tuning. You only get tagged when you take damage, so all I need is to disable plasma pistol damage.

Edited by Zerker24

You can just set weapon damage to 0 in-game and lock the option, couldn't you? That way if people try to use different weapons, it won't break the gametype.

You can just set weapon damage to 0 in-game and lock the option, couldn't you? That way if people try to use different weapons, it won't break the gametype.

No, Melee damage does not work with regular damage 0. I tried, lol.

Hey Zurker, a bunch of us tried this last night and its actually pretty cool!  One thing that was suggested is you apply a player trait set to all the non chasers that allow them to do 0% damage.  Enough people meleeing the chaser can apparently kill him.

Hey Zurker, a bunch of us tried this last night and its actually pretty cool!  One thing that was suggested is you apply a player trait set to all the non chasers that allow them to do 0% damage.  Enough people meleeing the chaser can apparently kill him.

Yeah, I was thinking about that. For some reason my code to auto set their shields and health to 100 does not work. That is a great idea though. I am glad you like it. You should invite me next time, lol. I love random customs.

Edited by Zerker24

In AbandonedCashew's Plague game type, he had a "healing" feature where teammates could go close to an injured player and heal them by standing there for a few seconds.  Not quite sure how it works, but maybe you could possibly use this feature in Freeze Tag by making it a short trigger causing them to be "tagged" & "frozen"  when a chaser goes near somebody.

AbandonedCashew likes this

In AbandonedCashew's Plague game type, he had a "healing" feature where teammates could go close to an injured player and heal them by standing there for a few seconds.  Not quite sure how it works, but maybe you could possibly use this feature in Freeze Tag by making it a short trigger causing them to be "tagged" & "frozen"  when a chaser goes near somebody.

I actually could do that, and I thought about it. I'll work on it.