Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zerker24

Gametype
Release: Race V2.1

4 posts in this topic

Today I am releasing my final edit of the race gametype (for now.) This gametype was made due to the amount of requests I have been getting on halotracks.org for features. This is still synth's Race v1.1, I just updated a few features and updated it based on requests, So every map compatible with his gametype, will work with mine.

Original Features (By Synth):

• Vehicle Scale.
  • Player Scale.
  • Force enter vehicle time.
  • Spawn at checkpoints.
  • Checkpoint Appearance (Waypoint/Hill visibility)
  • Scoring Mode (Laps/Checkpoints)
  • Vehicle Exit Action
  • Custom lap checkpont filter.
  • Object Attach system.
  • Ability to make objects invisible (race_hide)
  • Ability to make object delete at the start (race_delete)

Updated Features:

• Holeshot object filter. Apply this to any checkpoint to make it the holeshot as well. This is just used to display the first person to get to that checkpoint. (Requested by HT SX).
  • Holeshot points. The ability to set weather or not you get a point for achieving a holehsot.
  • Lap Timers. This will display in game, as well as in the carnage report. this was requested A LOT.
  • Enabled teams and fixed the scoring. This was not really a request, but it is very simple so why not, lol.
  • Added a race_gate filter. You apply this filter to an object you will to be deleted at a certain amount of time. This was added because everyone needed to use base shields and a fusion coils for starting gates. This adds some variety to maps.
  • Starting gate duration. The amount of time before the race_gate objects delete.
  • Random Starting Gate Duration. This will select a random amount of time before the starting gate deletes;
  • Random Min/Max. The minimum and maximum amount of time for the random starting gate option.
  • player_spectator object filter. When a player is in the boundary of this object, the lap timers and enter vehicle text gets turned off. As well as a special trait set is applied.
  • Spec_Monitor. Weather or not the person in a player_spectator hill turns into a forge monitor.

Any requests/opinions are welcome!.

On 6/20/2016 at 11:37 PM, Pfeuff said:

New File Browser link for Race V2.1 > https://halo4stats.halowaypoint.com/en-US/Halo4/Pfoiffee/fileshare/d736f260-c18b-4677-92c5-34bff3bca0d2

and FFA/Team Race Classic V2.6 > https://halo4stats.halowaypoint.com/en-US/Halo4/Pfoiffee/fileshare/4a86ab56-3443-412e-8bda-4c101d55a013

Note: if the links I post don't work, try replacing the gamertag (.../Halo4/"Pfoiffee"/fileshare/...) with your own (which was linked to Halo 4 stats).

Hey, I just thought of something, Is there a way you could add in two things. 

Hud widget upon suicide for 3 seconds saying do you want to start a new round for like a fresh start sorta speak & User Defined option to choose to enable/disable that option. 

I got to thinking I know how you could make room for another user defined option. 

Starting Gate

User Data = Allow you to have separate Starting Gate's this way(It would be really handy) So I can have one part be deleted sooner then the other one, mainly for looks.)

Spawn Sequence = Setting it to 1 = 1 second, & so on. -1 = Disabled, - 2 = Random

Kill Points Would be nice to have back as well, so rocket, spartan, & rally races would make a great return. Maybe just do another hill & set up the kill points via spawn sequence, & type of kills to be awarded through User Data, i;e vehicle kill, death kill, sticky, suicide, all types, etc.) 

Final Lap Spawn

Allow's objects filtered like this to appear in the game at the Final Lap.

Under Vehicle Options, Add in Player Biped operations Mantis, Monitor. Add in Inv_Mongoose(Invisible)

I would of tried doing this but ksoft.tool kept giving me an encoding error, even just simply encoding the decoded variant. ;( 

Anyway, just kinda thought this would be nice to have is all. 

Thus giving you one more user defined space for whatever else you can think of. 

Edited by Cosmic lightning

New File Browser link for Race V2.1 > https://halo4stats.halowaypoint.com/en-US/Halo4/Pfoiffee/fileshare/d736f260-c18b-4677-92c5-34bff3bca0d2

and FFA/Team Race Classic V2.6 > https://halo4stats.halowaypoint.com/en-US/Halo4/Pfoiffee/fileshare/4a86ab56-3443-412e-8bda-4c101d55a013

Note: if the links I post don't work, try replacing the gamertag (.../Halo4/"Pfoiffee"/fileshare/...) with your own (which was linked to Halo 4 stats).

Edited by Pfeuff