Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

AbandonedCashew

Gametype
TitanFall

24 posts in this topic

This is a relatively simple mod of slayer, but I felt the need to do it because of people trying to make things like Mantis ordnance drops and such.

So just a couple things I've done:

Timer-Based Mantis ordnance dropping.
Each player has a timer (length can be configured by an option) that always counts down, getting kills shortens it by 30 seconds and when it reaches zero you will be notified and will receive a mantis from the sky to hop in to.

Double Jumps

This one is pretty cool, every player has a jetpack, using it will instantly drain it and bring the player higher into the air. Recharge is quick, too.

Traits and loadouts have been customized a bit but that's not too special.

Something to note is you need to spawn a Mantis on your map in order for it to play correctly in-game.

3 hours ago, Pfeuff said:

New File Browser link for Titanfall > https://halo4stats.halowaypoint.com/en-US/Halo4/Pfoiffee/fileshare/9517eb02-557c-4235-8c59-98ce9fc39aa9

Note: if the link I post doesn't work, try replacing the gamertag (.../Halo4/"Pfoiffee"/fileshare/...) with your own (which was linked to Halo 4 stats).

Have fun!

Not sure how I feel about the name... I would've gone with something like "MantisFall" or "MechFall" simply to avoid any copyright infringements XD. Anyway, this sounds like a fun variant for Halo, looking forward to playing it when I get home from work.

You think it would be possible to have three different Mantis types that can be selected in Personal Ordnance, to emulate that kind of dynamic Titanfall has with its Atlas, Strider, and Ogre Titans?

Edited by Pfeuff

To Josh: Yes I will make a couple disc maps compatible, all you need is a mantis on the map and its playable.

To Pfeuff: None of thats possible as far as I can think...

Not sure how I feel about the name... I would've gone with something like "MantisFall" or "MechFall" simply to avoid any copyright infringements XD. Anyway, this sounds like a fun variant for Halo, looking forward to playing it when I get home from work.

You think it would be possible to have three different Mantis types that can be selected in Personal Ordnance, to emulate that kind of dynamic Titanfall has with its Atlas, Strider, and Ogre Titans?

3 different Mantis types?

UPDATE:

I made a 15 second invincibility timer on new Mantis.

If you downloaded the old version, please re-download it, the fresh link awaits! :D

3 different Mantis types?

I know that we can't (physically) have three types... I meant using different trait sets to change the capabilities of the Mantis. Are there more traits that affect vehicles, such as movement speed, damage & shields, or can we only use wheelman modifiers?

I know that we can't (physically) have three types... I meant using different trait sets to change the capabilities of the Mantis. Are there more traits that affect vehicles, such as movement speed, damage & shields, or can we only use wheelman modifiers?

Well depending on how abandoned did it, if he did it the way I would have done you could have a mantis drop & when a player gets in it, it converts the player to the Mantis which makes it it's own biped thus having first person like my evolved slayer's biped changing. Also could have had it man different was. downside on my way is the vehicle does not actually drop, but spawns on an ordinance of x type. 

Well depending on how abandoned did it, if he did it the way I would have done you could have a mantis drop & when a player gets in it, it converts the player to the Mantis which makes it it's own biped thus having first person like my evolved slayer's biped changing. Also could have had it man different was. downside on my way is the vehicle does not actually drop, but spawns on an ordinance of x type. 

I tried PlayerSetUnit on the mantis, but I didn't like how you couldn't get out and it looked fugly...

Cosmic lightning likes this

I tried PlayerSetUnit on the mantis, but I didn't like how you couldn't get out and it looked fugly...

Well, what I was getting at as plueff wanted a second version, I was thinking some route it to as if mantis spawns on this ordinance, make it player biped, if mantis spawns on this ordinance, make it vehicle mantis with force enter player when in set boundary, and lastly, make a normal mantis scaled to a different size. That is about all I could think of then people could choose the style of mantis they wanted type deal. 

I know it looks fugly but remember its for others to enjoy as well. But if you did it with player biped then you could use apply player traits to fully customize the effects of the game-type. 

Just giving help to you if I'm even helping that is. 

Edited by Cosmic lightning

Just a few things I'd like to ask. Can you make it so when the Mantis timer has reached 0:00, the Mantis appears in an ordnance so you can call it down when ready, or is that not possible? Also, is it possible to mod the survivor upgrade either into a loadout, or just the gameplay in general? That could make the gameplay more interesting, dynamic, and give a greater feel of Titanfall.

I would also suggest (if possible) having the timer freeze while the players Mantis is still operational, just to prevent them from spawning continuously and filling the map.

@ BlastingLight: As far as I know, you should be able to set the Survivor mod in game loadouts, if you want to recreate auto-eject.

Available loadout armor mod values:

-3 Unchanged
-2 Map Default
-1 None
 0 Sensor
 1 Mobility
 2 Grenadier
 3 Dexterity
 4 Ordnance Priority
 5 Awareness
 6 Shielding
 7 AA Efficiency
 8 Resupply
 9 Firepower

11 Ammo
12 Stealth
13 Stability
14 Nemesis
15 Drop Recon
16 Wheelman
17 Gunner
18 Requisition
19 Fast Track
20 Explosives
21 No Tactical Package
22 No Support Upgrade
23 Survivor
24 Recharge
25 Resistor

AbandonedCashew likes this

Just one quick question, would this list be talking about doing it in assembly or in the game? Because I know who to mod, but I'm not a top notch pro at it either. But the last time I checked in game, it didn't have the survivor support upgrade in there. If it isn't in there, then I'll try to mod it around a little and pop it in there myself. Thanks though :D

Just one quick question, would this list be talking about doing it in assembly or in the game? Because I know who to mod, but I'm not a top notch pro at it either. But the last time I checked in game, it didn't have the survivor support upgrade in there. If it isn't in there, then I'll try to mod it around a little and pop it in there myself. Thanks though :biggrin:

No... Assembly is not required for this, only KSoft & an .xml editor. All the listed values can be used in either a Tactical Package, or Support Upgrade slot in loadouts, which means a T/P mod can work in the S/U slot, and vice versa. If you need any further assistance, just send a pm my way.

All the best mate.

BlastingLight likes this

No... Assembly is not required for this, only KSoft & an .xml editor. All the listed values can be used in either a Tactical Package, or Support Upgrade slot in loadouts, which means a T/P mod can work in the S/U slot, and vice versa. If you need any further assistance, just send a pm my way.

All the best mate

Ah, aight, thanks bro, I'll be trying my best at it, thanks for the help! :D

I also want to point out (if anyone has noticed) that when you grab an Active Camoflauge Armor Ability and activate it, you fly extremely high (at a high velocity) and you are cloaked...it's like ejecting out of a Titan, except you can abuse it and fly!

you know what else would be cool? you should add target designators to the mod so that you could chose an exact spot to drop your mantis/titan

This is a relatively simple mod of slayer, but I felt the need to do it because of people trying to make things like Mantis ordnance drops and such.

So just a couple things I've done:

Timer-Based Mantis ordnance dropping.

Each player has a timer (length can be configured by an option) that always counts down, getting kills shortens it by 30 seconds and when it reaches zero you will be notified and will receive a mantis from the sky to hop in to.

Double Jumps

This one is pretty cool, every player has a jetpack, using it will instantly drain it and bring the player higher into the air. Recharge is quick, too.

Traits and loadouts have been customized a bit but that's not too special.

Something to note is you need to spawn a Mantis on your map in order for it to play correctly in-game.

So here's the download link

Have fun!

can you give a download link for pc so you can inject it in using horizon