Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
7ime

Gametype
Strife

9 posts in this topic

>>>Strife - a bitter conflict

If you prefer CON files, you can find them here; courtesy of FreedTerror; need to be rehashed and resigned to a profile

>>>Seven months in the making, I am glad to finally present to you Strife.

>>>When it comes down to it, the game is played much like Infection; the goal is to get everyone onto your team which will cause the game to end.
>>>The teams are automatically balanced at the beginning of the game and everyone is put on their own fireteam to begin with.
>>>Every designated kill converts that player to your team; there are options in game to decide whether every kill, assassinations only, pummels only, stickies only, or headshots only convert people. As an added bonus, the person you kill will also be put onto your fireteam.
>>>There is also an option to allow separate loadouts for each team.
>>>Loosing team and winning team traits can be set based on the remaining players on a team or by the difference in players on each team.
>>>Bro spawning is enabled by default but can be changed.
>>>There is a simple grenade regeneration option as well as the usual spawning options and player scale.
>>>As an added bonus each team has there own traits that you could set if you wanted.
>>>By design, those that join in the middle of a game will spectate until a new round or until there are enough people spectating to evenly add to each team.
>>>Most of the gametype labels remain intact from Bonus Slayer, except for trait_zone.
>>>Due to players constantly changing teams, player points are based on the amount of people they convert.
>>>Player stats for the amount of time spent on each team.

After playing some more, I've noticed that the round will sometimes end before fully starting despite several failsafes I put into place.  You'll probably never run into this if you're playing with more than a couple of people.  I'll look into it, however it may require me to remove the spawner label.

Edited by 7ime

Just out of curiosity, how does the game determine who "wins"? Is everybody applied with a numeric stating which team they are on at the start of the round and if their team wins the round that player gains a point? It makes sense so people who got converted over to the opposing team and that team wins (due to everyone being on that team) wouldn't get a win for nothing.

HaloNMincrft likes this

This sounds like an interesting gametype to be honest. I would love to make a video and share this with the community, but I would need ask if you would be okay with such.

Edited by ShinyMonkeyWes

Just out of curiosity, how does the game determine who "wins"? Is everybody applied with a numeric stating which team they are on at the start of the round and if their team wins the round that player gains a point? It makes sense so people who got converted over to the opposing team and that team wins (due to everyone being on that team) wouldn't get a win for nothing.

Players are awarded a point every time they convert someone.  Now that I think about it I should have included a stat for how many times a player is converted.  So each player has their own individual score much like infection.  I personally believe that your suggestion would offer too much incentive to try to get back to your original team.  I could however make some crazy convoluted scoring system based on the number of players they've converted to their fireteam and make it based on time instead.

This sounds like an interesting gametype to be honest. I would love to make a video and share this with the community, but I would need ask if you would be okay with such.

You're always more than welcome to make a video; I was actually looking into Zandril but you're more than welcome to step up to the plate.

You're always more than welcome to make a video; I was actually looking into Zandril but you're more than welcome to step up to the plate.

We are doing a first gameplay in less than an hour from now. If you have a XboxLive account, it would be fantastic to have you join : )

Thanks for joining and playing with us, the video should be up anywhere from tonight or tomorrow morning. It was fun, hope to see more great stuff in the future! : )

7ime likes this

Awesome! It's the gametype I brought up a long time ago that I dubbed as "Team Infection" or "Conversion" from that time.

I'm just glad it's finally here! Thank You!

HaloNMincrft likes this

The video will be uploaded in the morning. I just have to finish the voicing for it, and all should be well. I am sure that everyone will friggin' love this gametype man.