Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

14 posts in this topic

Kill your Prey. Avoid your Predator...

Overview

Prey is a dynamic, new way to play Halo. As it was as an honor-rules game at the time of Clue, you would look at the leaderboard and only be allowed to kill the player under you, while running from the player over you. I say that it was the cousin of Clue.

Now we have it as an automatic process, so no honor-rules are in play. At the round start or when the Grace Period ends, you are assigned a Predator and a Prey on your screen, and if options are selected, there will be waypoints above each of their heads. Every time a player dies or is out of the game in some way the game will re-sort and you may be assigned a new Prey or Predator.

Players start with Swords by default as well.

Options

Predator/Prey Visibility options have toggles for Hidden, Always Visible, and Hide When Near.

Predator/Other Kill Deduction options determine the points subtracted from a player who kills their Predator, or a random.

Predator Kill Punishment has options to select the type of punishment for killing your Predator. These options include Do Nothing, Weaken Player, and Kill Instantly.

Grace Period controls the time at start for players to be invincible before assigned a Predator and Prey.

Traits

Last Players Remaining are applied to the final two players alive in the game.

Grace Traits are applied during the Grace Period.

This gametype works on all maps, by the way.

Credits to Just One Player for the original honor-rules gametype.

So with that said...

1 hour ago, Pfeuff said:

New File Browser link for Prey > https://halo4stats.halowaypoint.com/en-US/Halo4/Pfoiffee/fileshare/667619c3-6d90-427c-9aa2-2cad58621cb5

Note: if the link I post doesn't work, try replacing the gamertag (.../Halo4/"Pfoiffee"/fileshare/...) with your own (which was linked to Halo 4 stats).

Pfeuff, Gabotron ES and Zandril like this

Thanks Zanny! Haha yeah, there are 6 maps especially made for this game type. Four of which are in that link on halocustoms.com ^^^ (: But this looks amazing Cashew! I have a few questions though: 1.) Are the players still able to pick up weapons? 2.) Is it still a one life game? 3.) Will the leaderboard randomize starting a new round?

Hopefully this will bring Prey back from its slump in the community recently! :D

Zandril likes this

Thanks Zanny! Haha yeah, there are 6 maps especially made for this game type. Four of which are in that link on halocustoms.com ^^^ (: But this looks amazing Cashew! I have a few questions though: 1.) Are the players still able to pick up weapons? 2.) Is it still a one life game? 3.) Will the leaderboard randomize starting a new round?

Hopefully this will bring Prey back from its slump in the community recently! :biggrin:

As with any normal gametype, players can pick up weapons. It is most certainly one life. However the predator and prey assigning is not based off of the leaderboard, for it has no significance in gametype script. It is randomized as best as I could do, but expect re-occurring setups.

Updated the post with a mention to you, Player.

I apologize for not having you mentioned in the first place for I did the entire gametype off of memory of a custom game a long time ago. I did not know you were the creator :P

Zandril likes this

This is awesome. I'll be playing this mod and Invasion this coming weekend for footage and stuff. :D Btw Cashew, this gamemode has maps that are meant for it. Playing it in any other map wouldn't make the gametype as fun. Here are the 4 maps meant for PREY.

http://halocustoms.com/maps/the-original-prey.640/

http://halocustoms.com/maps/preyception.684/

http://halocustoms.com/maps/preyoto.642/

http://halocustoms.com/maps/the-prey-port.641/

AbandonedCashew likes this