Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Zerker24

Multi
[Beta] Z-Scriptor (Halo gametype scriptor)

15 posts in this topic

I've been working on this editor for a while now, and I finally have a testable version. This is basically a UI for ksoft, that you can use to code your own gametypes in Halo 4 and Halo Reach.

Z-Scriptor-1.png

Features:

• ScintillaNet text editor.
  • Custom Themes through XML. Your editor can look how you want it to.|
  • Auto resigner. The only thing you need to make a gametype is this program and a usb exlorer.
  • ksoft integration. No need to use a CMD to export/import the gametypes. Z-Scriptor doe this for you.
  • Markers. Use CTRL + M to make a marker, then use View->Go To Marker to automatically go to whatever line of code you want.
  • This program is not finished yet, it still needs a lot of work, but it's getting there.

Download

Edited by Zerker24

Is this not compatible with Windows Xp?

If it was made with .NET 4.5, then no, it probably isn't. If Zerker is able to port it to .NET 4.0 then it could be made to work though.

FreedTerror and Thunder like this

If it was made with .NET 4.5, then no, it probably isn't. If Zerker is able to port it to .NET 4.0 then it could be made to work though.

To bad I'm using XP  :blush: A port would be Swag. 

This is what I got when I tried to run it:

fQ5iwkI.jpg

Yeah, I just installed windows again and forgot to take the current .net version to 4.0. There is no reason why it should not run in .net 4.0. Sorry about that

try this one

https://www.mediafire.com/?q5hawtgcd3xn8l0

Confirmed, this link worked for me. I've always wanted to write megalo code, but ksoft wasn't compatible with xp. Thanks man.

Confirmed, this link worked for me. I've always wanted to write megalo code, but ksoft wasn't compatible with xp. Thanks man.

This still uses ksoft, so you might still have issues with it. Sorry, but there is nothing I can do about that. I have never heard that ksoft does not support winXP though.

This still uses ksoft, so you might still have issues with it. Sorry, but there is nothing I can do about that. I have never heard that ksoft does not support winXP though.

If I get any issues I'll let you know.

Edited by FreedTerror

A way to turn the various KSoft switches on and off might be useful.
I haven't used it much yet, but so far this is pretty nice. Good work.

A way to turn the various KSoft switches on and off might be useful.

I haven't used it much yet, but so far this is pretty nice. Good work.

I actually thought about that right after I posted the beta. V2 of the beta should be out soon with some new features. I will see about adding switches to that.

Linglin likes this

So when I try to open a Gametype Variant and Container file I get this error message and these lines:

YywFa7S.png

Variant file:

KSoft.Tool.exe  -env=blam -tool=gvar -mode=decode -game=HaloReach "-path=C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Ft's map and gametype stuff\Coding and stuff\speedpile - plasma tag for freedterror 3-31.game" "-name=speedpile - plasma tag for freedterror 3-31" "-out=C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\extracts\\" -switches=1

Container file:

KSoft.Tool.exe  -env=blam -tool=gvar -mode=decode -game=HaloReach "-path=C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Ft's map and gametype stuff\Coding and stuff\speedpile container" "-name=speedpile container" "-out=C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\extracts\\" -switches=1 -offset=0xD000

I can open XML files tho.

This is from a ksoft tool readme I downloaded:

I. Requirements
1. .NET Framework 4.5

XP doesn't support 4.5, this might have something to do with the errors?

So when I try to open a Gametype Variant and Container file I get this error message and these lines:

YywFa7S.png

Variant file:

KSoft.Tool.exe  -env=blam -tool=gvar -mode=decode -game=HaloReach "-path=C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Ft's map and gametype stuff\Coding and stuff\speedpile - plasma tag for freedterror 3-31.game" "-name=speedpile - plasma tag for freedterror 3-31" "-out=C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\extracts\\" -switches=1

Container file:

KSoft.Tool.exe  -env=blam -tool=gvar -mode=decode -game=HaloReach "-path=C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Ft's map and gametype stuff\Coding and stuff\speedpile container" "-name=speedpile container" "-out=C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\extracts\\" -switches=1 -offset=0xD000

I can open XML files tho.

This is from a ksoft tool readme I downloaded:

I. Requirements

1. .NET Framework 4.5

XP doesn't support 4.5, this might have something to do with the errors?

Yes, I use ksoft like you normally would any other way, so unfortunately there is nothing I can do about that. Maybe nitrogen will support 4.0 so you can make gametypes. If/When it releases I will look into making a version with in. Sorry about that.

Updated.

• Added Tabs. You can now open more than one file at a time.
  • Added in the ability to choose what switches it will use with ksoft.
  • Some bug fixes.
  • You can now customize the tabs and menu through the styles.
Edited by Zerker24