Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The404Spartan

.MAP
Halo 3 - Citadel Creek

34 posts in this topic

Citadel Creek Revision 5

Rev. 5 Downloadhttps://googledrive.com/host/0B_qQTvZFvb6OekY5cEdHTmUxaFk/Citadel Creek Rev. 5.zip (102 MB Download)

• Call the output map "citadelcreek"
  • Extract the mapinfo and blf files that are included the patch and place them in their respective places.

Rev. 5 Notes:

• Removed unnecessary sldt pages.
  • Water effects work.
  • Sound is permanently fixed in the inner building.
  • Added invisible walls to the scenery. They're placed near the back so people don't end up wandering off.
  • Attempted to add a wall to the inside of the building to cut off the scenery. Coordinates did not cooperate so that's a no go.
  • Over all file size has been cut down from 305 MB? to 226 MB.
  • Blfs still don't work :/

Revision. 5.5 Plans

• Add the bsp inside of the tower to hopefully improve gameplay.

Pictures:

fi4HtRQ.jpg

mgbNFrl.jpg

XmiwUjh.jpg

dcZzEp6.jpg

f5tzXYy.jpg

More pictures:

7wjVSaO.jpg
H3g63h2.jpg
dTqy9Nh.jpg
qgI7H8O.jpg
JDtKqp7.jpg
Edited by The404Spartan
Bumhunter, Kebob, weighta and 3 others like this

How do we play on empty campaign maps? Is there a tutorial?

I used this tutorial: http://www.xboxchaos.com/topic/3976-bsp-injection-and-you/

It's for multiplayer. You patch bunkerworld.map and rename the outputted map to citadelcreek.map, place the .mapinfo into the info folder and start a customs game with whoever you want. Or you could forge in it if you want since I've added a spawn point to the scenery pallet.

Edited by The404Spartan

It's for multiplayer. You patch bunkerworld.map and rename the outputted map to citadelcreek.map, place the .mapinfo into the info folder and start a customs game with whoever you want. Or you could forge in it if you want since I've added a spawn point to the scenery pallet.

Where do I put the mapinfo? I have downloaded a couple maps but they won't load.

Where do I put the mapinfo? I have downloaded a couple maps but they won't load.

Make sure your xex is patched.

The .mapinfo goes into the info folder in the maps folder.

Edited by The404Spartan

Make sure your xex is patched.

The .mapinfo goes into the info folder in the maps folder.

Alright I think I can do this. Haha

I always loved this section of the game. Too bad there aren't enough objects to do a Forerunner/natural Forge theme. This would be a great section of map to build customs on.

I'm uploading the 3rd revision soon. It will have corrected the water and the tower's shaders. Give or take about 30mins until link update.

Thanks man :smile: only worked with the Mythic Mainmenu BTW lol

No problem. I'll remove the non-mythic link and try to find a way not needing to patch the mainmenu.map.

No problem. I'll remove the non-mythic link and try to find a way not needing to patch the mainmenu.map.

what did you have to patch the main menu for and with what

drahcir likes this

what did you have to patch the main menu for and with what

A long time ago I wanted Masterchief to hold a gravity hammer on the mainmenu. It didn't look to appealing so I just gave him a flaming helmet. Forgot to put a clean .map for it. This explanation might be long but oh well. I have 2 folders. 1 for Halo Campaign and the 2nd for the mythic maps. I extracted the bsp from the campaign folder, copied bunkerworld.map to my desktop and injected the bsp into that one. Take note that I still have not touched mainmenu.map during the injection process for bsp or while giving out the citadelcreek.map patch.

Now for some unknown reason citadelcreek.map calls upon either some injected part of my gravity hammer that I've added to mainmenu.map. If that's not added the map freezes.

tl;dr You need a gravity hammer in the mainmenu.map for my map to load.

I'm at school so if my sentence structure seems kinda odd sorry for that.

Edited by The404Spartan

Just wondering, why do some of the shaders look a little weird in the OP? For example, the shaders of snow on top of the mountains, and the shaders of the entrance to the tower.

Just wondering, why do some of the shaders look a little weird in the OP? For example, the shaders of snow on top of the mountains, and the shaders of the entrance to the tower.

The lighting might have changed the way the snow looks. But for the entrance of the tower I had to swap some shaders because allot of them were glitchy.

This is insane !! Can we forge in this spawn fun vehicles and stuff I'd love to use this mod lol 

You can spawn items in forge mode. Add whatever you want.

I used this tutorial: http://www.xboxchaos.com/topic/3976-bsp-injection-and-you/

where do we get the map.info ? 

main menu link is down :(

My apologies. I had the wrong link striked through. The Mythic mainmenu is the one that will work.

The .mapinfo comes with the patch. Near the bottom of the page in Assembly it will notify you whether or not if you wish to extract it.

Edited by The404Spartan

Also being this is a sp map in forge could I enject phantoms and stuff and not need to null sound being it's so map ?

Assembly already nulls the [snd!] tags when you extract so you won't have to worry about that. I injected 100_citadel's 040.bsp into bunkerworld so even if you could inject sounds it will still crash.