Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

jackncrazyfish

Video
lord zedds video on ign

20 posts in this topic

What the hell isnt it lord zedd that found that shit out ?

Edited by Sebo7
EHEBrandon likes this

Because they can't let the little guy have fun.

Because my game loaded too fast to see the text and since I didn't discover the text I technically didn't discover the egg, according to their logic.

Because their logic says I didn't discover it, they quickly rushed to make a video with that big watermark advertising their site and went immediately to reddit knowing it would generate hits for them.

So, basically, because they can't let the little guy have fun.

Edit: 2subtle4me

BACYDQ8.png

it pisses me off the most that after 7 years of something not being found, But when its found the person who found it isn't given credit. great job Zedd on the easter egg. I thought it would happen on a certain date because of it not being found for a while but the question I had was how to activate it and what date and where would it be? Again great job Zedd.

I find it disgusting that Team Beyond tried to credit themselves for finding the egg. For fuck's sake, all they did was make a video about it and then post a link on Reddit.

Nowise10 I'm okay with, because he helped find the text apparently, but those other two guys they listed? Just no.

Stu Pickles, sh33p and Thunder like this

Btw from what I've seen on socail media it's given credit to Lord, not sure about other media outlets..

Edit: Dual DGs, It's a qoute don't get all excited. lol we are not there yet..

Edited by Doob E Snack

I figure I should write a proper reply to this post with my side that isn't a short youtube comment or joke-based.

So the day after Bungie Day I saw someone on Reddit posted a picture of the 7th Column egg on Valhalla and it reminded me of the loading screen egg. I thought I'd have a go at hunting it down with the assumption that it was either the same functions or similar that controlled that, too.

After a while I found the function complete with checks for every date in Valhalla and an extra one. Tried the extra date but no dice. Then I noticed there was an extra check for Christmas. Yadda yadda found it, tested a few times, and uploaded it thinking the egg was just the zoom out as I always play Halo from the hard drive because modding.

Fast forward the following day. Nowise sends me a message with an image of the text which prompted me to investigate. Yep original video loads too fast, yep every level loads fast from the hard drive. Gotta bust out my disc. So I recorded that in the same fashion as the original video with the time change and all that and upload it. I set the original video to unlisted since it was still being linked on some sites and figured deleting it outright would just confuse everyone. After it gets uploaded I check r/Halo and see a link was just posted about the text.

"Damn that was fast" I thought, but nope it was Beyond's video, which at the time had nothing in the description, only their usual social media link block. I'm pretty sure I fired the first shot with the following comment, but since I added to it later the original time is screwed up so who knows:

TO2I6Ad.png

This prompted people to ask about the situation on the reddit post, where the following post from Moa was pasted (maybe it came first? really dunno)

Here's the story of how it went.

I created this topic on Beyond of Zedd's original find of the loading screen easter egg and started looking into it to see if there was more to it. Turns out there was. A few years ago, a Bungie Employee was dropping hints about it in a Mail Sack. Eventually, LegitSlayer posted that if you looked at it carefully, it says "Happy Birthday, Lauren."

I talked to a friend - Nowise10 and told him about it, and I said I couldn't see it to save my life. He finds it within seconds. 

The Halo Ring on the loading screen is literally the loading percentage. Because I had already been on Halo 3 in a while when I first recorded my footage, I was getting a fast loading Halo ring each time, meaning I missed it, but Nowise10 had a slow loading ring when he captured footage, so he saw it. He's actually the one who took the image I embedded into the article.

~snip huge pic~

To my knowledge, Nowise10 and Lord Zedd are pretty good friends, so after I told him about it, he told Lord Zedd - which is completely fine by me. Once I told a few people at Beyond about the easter egg, they wanted to upload it to YouTube to get more exposure (I actually uploaded it to mine unlisted for a short while) and just as ours finished uploading, Lord Zedd had already got his up.

It sucks that he didn't get the full credit for finding the original steps, but I can tell you he wasn't the one to find the Happy Birthday, Lauren egg, nor did I - it was a guy who posted on the Beyond forums telling us to look at the ring closely - and both me and Nowise10 did. I gave everyone involved credit in the article (Nowise10, Lord Zedd and LeGiiTXSLaYeR).

So we didn't steal Zedd's find, we simply looked into it further and discovered the reason why his find was actually there.

I never thought about credit or mentioned it until reading that, but everyone else did (and I guess some people even think they simply reuploaded my video or something? idk) but damn that post really stung.

Suddenly, because my game loaded too fast to see some text which the couple people at HBO to try it even noticed (Including Louis Wu), meaning seeing the text didn't take any work whatsoever, I now get joint credit with 3 other dudes on the egg "we" found. If that even, to emphasize something:

but I can tell you he wasn't the one to find the Happy Birthday, Lauren egg

But let's go back to their video, as well as switch to rant mode:

Once I told a few people at Beyond about the easter egg, they wanted to upload it to YouTube to get more exposure (I actually uploaded it to mine unlisted for a short while)

"Exposure" implies reporting it, much like the rest of the videos they do. However, this egg video had none of that. It was a clickbait title with their intro, a clip of the loading screen at different speeds, and a watermark over the whole thing instead of a corner.

If you check out their other videos you'll notice most have somebody talking over them.

Why isn't there talking in this one? The video offered no explanation on what the hell you were looking at, nothing about the date to set or the thumbsticks to press. No link back to my first video for context. Instead everything got relegated to an article on their site that was added LATER.

They had no idea I was uploading my own video, evidenced by Moa's post. They knowingly made theirs without any info or context in it and that is just bullshit. And why? To beat me to it? To steal the fame and possibly the credit? Site hits?

They apparently didn't beat me, according to Moa's post, but they certainly got the fame in the news sites that didn't do their research and credited it to Beyond and used their footage with the watermark proud on display. Which got them their precious site hits, too.

Such is the practice of these larger "news" channels. Whether I'm "some guy" that posted a video about unused weapons, or credit is tucked away in the description nobody can see when embedded, or tucked away behind "view more" when it's not embedded, or when credit is nonexistent, they always have a way to subtly fuck you for their own benefit. When you call them on it they are quick to toss in that credit to try and please you, but by then it is too late.

In closing,

BACYDQ8.png

Real smooth.

Stu Pickles likes this

I've cleared out some extra hate posts from this thread. Everyone got their one (besides stu because pictures) up to this point and with the above post onward I'd like things to be civil.

Stu Pickles likes this

Internet fame is so fleeting anyway. Those who steal it from others lose it just as fast, so hopefully that's some consolation.

I find it disgusting that Team Beyond tried to credit themselves for finding the egg. For fuck's sake, all they did was make a video about it and then post a link on Reddit.

Nowise10 I'm okay with, because he helped find the text apparently, but those other two guys they listed? Just no.

I don't even think I deserve anything, and I even told Moa that (he wrote the Beyond article for the egg, and got the video after I sent him the picture showing the). All I did was get a picture after he told me to see if I could find anything on the egg.

Edited by Nowise10

Because they can't let the little guy have fun.

Because my game loaded too fast to see the text and since I didn't discover the text I technically didn't discover the egg, according to their logic.

Because their logic says I didn't discover it, they quickly rushed to make a video with that big watermark advertising their site and went immediately to reddit knowing it would generate hits for them.

So, basically, because they can't let the little guy have fun.

Edit: 2subtle4me

BACYDQ8.png

r u gonna do anything bout it or u not to worried