Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Wil

.MAP
AI spawns

77 posts in this topic

Ok, I was following the tutorial and I was completely sure I was doing it right, until I started to read this part:

Go down a little and you will see "Anticipated Tag Class Note" and under that you will see "Anticipated Tag Class" change the ascii to "char" and for
"Spawned tag" find the char of the AI you injected. Everything from "Velocity Bounds Min" to “Origin Rotation j" make 0 if not already. Save. 

When am I supposed to inject the char in the map? And how?

When I try to use the "Import" box to import the character (Hunter, in this case), Assembly will throw an "Exception" and the file will become corrupt and unable to be opened again.

Please, help me on this. I really want AI on MP.

First go to "Multiplayer Object Properties"

Change the "Type" to "Equipment"

And in flags uncheck bit 3. Save.

Now go to the "Functions" block and click the "+" next to the chunk count to bring up the "Tag Block Reallocator" and add 1 new entry count. 

Once done, check always active in flags and change both "Export Name" and "Import Name" to either respawn_point, spawn, or active (they all should work). Save.

Didnt quite that bit im on Halo:Reach. And i didnt get what you meant by "Export Name" and "Import Name" 

Edited by xTheRGHSandCatx

Didnt quite that bit im on Halo:Reach. And i didnt get what you meant by "Export Name" and "Import Name" 

Make sure invisibles are on.

Make sure invisibles are on.

What in the flags? In the flags nothing like that is there. Lemme try getting the latest assembly dev branch. Maybe the plugins are updated. Because half of the flags say Bit 1, 2, 3 etc.

EDIT: Yeah thanks it was the plugins! Love the tutorial btw!

Still can't get this to work.

I still don't get the part where I have to Inject the AI.

Be a bit more specific, what dont you understand in that part?

I keep linking this to you so you can read it, because it covers the basics of modding.

Also, make sure you have the latest assembly build.

I keep linking this to you so you can read it, because it covers the basics of modding.

Also, make sure you have the latest assembly build.

I do have the latest one.

EDIT: I don't see the "Resource Cache Folder Path".

Edited by Alejandro MiddleCorn

The reason I asked here again is because I couldn't understand that tutorial.

This is also the 2nd time you direct me to that tut.

Which "resource paths"? And how do I inject?

I was able to extract but not to inject.

If you would read his link, you would see in 9.1 it tells you about the map editor tab in settings and that at the bottom is where you will find the resource cache box, in that you select the game copy the path of the folder where your mainmenu.map, shared.map, etc is into the box

If you would read his link, you would see in 9.1 it tells you about the map editor tab in settings and that at the bottom is where you will find the resource cache box, in that you select the game copy the path of the folder where your mainmenu.map, shared.map, etc is into the box

The "resource cache path" box does not appear.

The "resource cache path" box does not appear.

If it doesn't appear then you are using an outdated assembly build or you have broken your build.

If it doesn't appear then you are using an outdated assembly build or you have broken your build.

How could I have my build broken?

And I already said I'm using the latest version.

Just an update; I fixed some stuff and I added how to get reach spawns to work, I just totally forgot about adding that.

Ok, I was finally able to set the "Resource Cache Path" after reading other tutorials.

I extract a tag from a campaign map and nothing happens, that's good.

When I try to import the tag to a MP map, Assembly still throws me an EXCEPTION and won't let me inject the tag.

And yes, I do have the latest version o Assembly.

EDIT: Forget about it, fixed (kinda).

Edited by Alejandro MiddleCorn

Just an update; I fixed some stuff and I added how to get reach spawns to work, I just totally forgot about adding that.

Lol ikr i figured it out myself though pretty simple. First i thought Bungie didnt change the tag names for the spawn point from Halo 3, but they made it mp_spawn_point so yeah.

Lol ikr i figured it out myself though pretty simple. First i thought Bungie didnt change the tag names for the spawn point from Halo 3, but they made it mp_spawn_point so yeah.

I figured it out a while ago, when AI spawning through effects was first released; for some reason I never added it to this.

I guess I figured people can get it themselves.   

I figured it out a while ago, when AI spawning through effects was first released; for some reason I never added it to this.

I guess I figured people can get it themselves.   

Lol yeah, i guess you adding the reach fix to your tut will satisfy many people's dream of having ai battles in mp without shooting ai out of a pistol... all in halo reach

Ok, I did (finally) everything from the tutorial, but when I try to spawn an AI the game freezes.

I'm sure I've followed the instructions correctly.

Why did you quote yourself? Please do not bump for answers. With that limited info we can't really help.

Ok, I did (finally) everything from the tutorial, but when I try to spawn an AI the game freezes.

I'm sure I've followed the instructions correctly.

Like forerunner said; start a new thread for help.

But i just wanna make sure you are using zedds latest xex and you used the latest assembly to do the tutorial.

What game are you doing this for?