Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Wil

.MAP
AI spawns

77 posts in this topic

Like forerunner said; start a new thread for help.

But i just wanna make sure you are using zedds latest xex and you used the latest assembly to do the tutorial.

What game are you doing this for?

I'm using Lord Zedd's latest xex.

Like I said before, I'm using the latest version of Assembly

And I'm doing this for Halo 3 as Halo Reach needs more stuff to be done.

I'm trying this at Sandtrap and I want to spawn a Hunter.

The only thing I can say is re-do it. I just wanna make sure you have contpatch disabled.

Can you spawn just the hunter biped without it crashing?

Can you spawn just the hunter biped without it crashing?

No.

The game will freeze as soon as I try to spawn it (nothing will appear).

The only thing I can say is re-do it. I just wanna make sure you have contpatch disabled.

Contpatch disabled?

I don't use Dashlaunch.

I just use the Freestyle launcher to move the modded files where they belong and load the game.

And I've re-done this 3 times already.

Get Dashlaunch, and disable Contpatch!  That is a nono for mods!

Then do I re-do this mod or do I just try to load it again?

Also, then I'm on the menu where the Hunter AI spawn is supposed to be, there is just a blank space.

Forgot to mention that.

Then do I re-do this mod or do I just try to load it again?

Also, then I'm on the menu where the Hunter AI spawn is supposed to be, there is just a blank space.

Forgot to mention that.

That's why linked zedds getting started with modding..... I expected you to read it, cause it covers this issue.

What do you mean blank space?

On the Mainmenu menu where you select the map or in the forge menu?

That's why linked zedds getting started with modding..... I expected you to read it, cause it covers this issue.

What do you mean blank space?

On the Mainmenu menu where you select the map or in the forge menu?

On the Forge menu. I believe it is the Hunter spawn because I've never seen it before.

BTW, I installed Dashlaunch but contpatch is disabled by default.

When I tested the map, the game froze exactly at the same point.

On the Forge menu. I believe it is the Hunter spawn because I've never seen it before.

BTW, I installed Dashlaunch but contpatch is disabled by default.

When I tested the map, the game froze exactly at the same point.

I need more information.

1) Did you add the Hunter to the spawn menu, by adding a new chunk or replace an existing item?

- If you added a new chunk, you'll need to add a stringID (custom or one existing) 

- Or If you replaced an existing one (cause if you replaced an item and saved it, it should work) and you poked it you'll need to "refresh scnr" by poking that specific offset

2) Doesn't make sense, contpatch should be on by default.

The issue is not the tutorial, it's something you are doing wrong. 

Edited by Lehvak

I need more information.

1) Did you add the Hunter to the spawn menu, by adding a new chunk or replace an existing item?

- If you added a new chunk, you'll need to add a stringID (custom or one existing) 

- Or If you replaced an existing one (cause if you replaced an item and saved it, it should work) and you poked it you'll need to "refresh scnr" by poking that specific offset

2) Doesn't make sense, contpatch should be on by default.

The issue is not the tutorial, it's something you are doing wrong. 

I added a new chunk and I supposed it needed a stringID. I just put the "hunter" one, which is an already existing one.

I added it because I thought replacing an existing one would crash the game.

In the Forge menu, however, the string that should be the Hunter spawn is just a blank space.

And yes, contpatch was off by default.

And I never said the issue was the tutorial and it can't be, as I saw many comments saying it worked.

I added a new chunk and I supposed it needed a stringID. I just put the "hunter" one, which is an already existing one.

I added it because I thought replacing an existing one would crash the game.

In the Forge menu, however, the string that should be the Hunter spawn is just a blank space.

And yes, contpatch was off by default.

And I never said the issue was the tutorial and it can't be, as I saw many comments saying it worked.

You need to go strings at the top left. Go to English (or whatever language) and using the drop down to fing the string list "sandbox_ui\strings" and hit add new. Make the string id hunter and the value Hunter or what ever you want it to show up as.

You need to go strings at the top left. Go to English (or whatever language) and using the drop down to fing the string list "sandbox_ui\strings" and hit add new. Make the string id hunter and the value Hunter or what ever you want it to show up as.

Fine, I'll do it again from scratch with a totally new file.

I'll tell you the results as soon as I'm done.

And I'll do what you said about the string part. That's probably the thing that's messing this stuff.

Contpatch will ALWAYS be on by default when you first use Dashlaunch.

But it wasn't when I checked.

BTW (probably dumb question), does the [char] need to be extracted with or without RAW?

I extracted both, but attempting to import the w/o RAW one will make Assembly throw me an "Exception" saying the shared map path isn't map/campaign.map (something like that) even when I already set the resource path to that.

EDIT: FINALLY.

But, like someone else said before, they are just idling. They shoot you, that's good.

Is there a way to make them go berserk? I'm sure that, when they go berserk, they just run against you and melee you (Hunters, Brute Chieftains and Sword Elites only, I think).

Edited by Alejandro MiddleCorn

But it wasn't when I checked.

BTW (probably dumb question), does the [char] need to be extracted with or without RAW?

I extracted both, but attempting to import the w/o RAW one will make Assembly throw me an "Exception" saying the shared map path isn't map/campaign.map (something like that) even when I already set the resource path to that.

EDIT: FINALLY.

But, like someone else said before, they are just idling. They shoot you, that's good.

Is there a way to make them go berserk? I'm sure that, when they go berserk, they just run against you and melee you (Hunters, Brute Chieftains and Sword Elites only, I think).

You can do either raw (in a lan match people will be able to see the ai)  or without raw (in a lan match people wont see the ai and you'll have to pre load (halo 3 you don't need to preload cause it already does on the main menu))

but It really doesn't matter cause in lan the ai aren't syned.

You'll need to edit the idle animation

This part is hard to explain so sorry if you misunderstand.

Go to the jmad of the biped, in my case I need to go to the Grunts.

Once in the jmad search for "modes"

Under modes there is weapon class, weapon type, and actions.

Make sure you are on the first chunk in the modes block, look at the actions block you might have 2 chunks go through until you find the chunk with the stringID of moving_front, if it does not, go back to modes and find the chunk "combat" once found look back at actions find the chunk with moving_front and make a note of its animation number (it's different for everyone) mine is 137.

Go back to modes, the modes chunks you need to change are: Flaming (if your jmad has it), berserk (if your jmad has it), patrol, and combat. Go through each weapon class, you will notice that certain weapon classes give chunks in weapon type, go through each weapon type, you will again notice chunks showing up for each action, search the actions for ones labeled 'idle" and change the animation to the one you noted.

What you are doing is making the idle animation the walking animation so the AI will walk in the direction they are facing.

Then go to the bipd tag of your biped and search for movement an uncheck 'use player physics"

hit save or poke.

Edited by Lehvak

The Hunter doesn't have a "combat" chunk.

Also, no "berserk" chunk? Seems weird as Hunters DO berserk when their partner dies.

Well I was using the grunt as stated. The Label names are different for Hunters, you'll have to go through them yourself.

Well I was using the grunt as stated. The Label names are different for Hunters, you'll have to go through them yourself.

The "patrol" chunk has a "move_front".

I'll test with that one and see what happens.

When I try to spawn AI in Reach, the effect (in this case Elite blood) will appear instead of the biped.

I'm pretty sure I modified the effe tag properly.

EDIT: Nevermind, fixed.

Edited by Alejandro MiddleCorn

On 7/23/2015 at 4:24 PM, Lehvak said:

You can add a weapon in the bipd of the AI under the weapon block, you'll need to reallocate it.

after "reallocate" do you need to change the "address" for a specific weapon? 

God bless you!!!! I have one issue tho, I'm trying to get Jorge to work for Reach but he crashes upon spawning, any idea on how to fix? All other AI work fine

Just one question:

Do I have to save each time the tutorial says?

Or can I just save at the very last moment of the edition? Like: Edited all the [effe] tag, now save. Edited all the spawn point, save.

I ask because I was told it is recommended to mod with the least saves possible, but this tutorial itself tells you to save each single edit.

16 hours ago, Alejandro MiddleCorn said:

Just one question:

Do I have to save each time the tutorial says?

Or can I just save at the very last moment of the edition? Like: Edited all the [effe] tag, now save. Edited all the spawn point, save.

I ask because I was told it is recommended to mod with the least saves possible, but this tutorial itself tells you to save each single edit.

Never heard of using the least saves, but I have advocated for using as least individual injections as possible, as in keeping everything from one map as one tagc.

Akarias likes this

3 hours ago, Lord Zedd said:

Never heard of using the least saves, but I have advocated for using as least individual injections as possible, as in keeping everything from one map as one tagc.

Least individual injections?

I extract each [char] tag with RAW. Does that affect too much?

I say "each" for all enemies. Don't know if there's a way to extract all enemy [char] at once.