Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

AbandonedCashew

Gametype
Salvation

40 posts in this topic

(Version 1.1- Bug fixes and removal)

A whole new objective-based Flood campaign experience...

Salvation is a game mode that has been filled with a ton of neat features and designed for a completely new type of Flood game. Many of you have heard of 'Plague,' from a while back, and I'm here to present what I call something that "makes Plague look like a toy in comparison to this."

Salvation is oriented around tier based gameplay offering 7 types of objectives, with unlimited phases, the possibility to have multiple objectives simultaneously, and many options to customize your very own Flood campaign.

For diversity, I've introduced 'dynamic labels,' which range from aesthetic explosions to custom announcer messages to object spawning and deleting. These labels can be activated by a trigger (like in Plague), which can be a switch, boundary, or destruction, or the labels can be activated by reaching a certain tier of gameplay.

Many innovations that have never been seen before are now shown in Salvation, such as humans converting on their dead body, reviving other players from death, and the all new 'function' label.

Make your own campaign and story with Salvation, and get some fresh gameplay on your customs!

Salvation1.1 Download:

Arrival (Map):
Recommended set Rescue Point Grace to 1 minute, and Bomb Fuse Time to 35 seconds.

Ascendance Tower (Map):
Recommended set Round time to 2 minutes.

Purification (Map):
Recommended Carrier Traits: Vehicle Usage disabled.

Demonstration Map (Demo):

Learn how to forge with Salvation using the document (Guide):

Thunder, Pfeuff, 0IAH and 5 others like this

Too bad I have no friends that play Halo anymore. I want to play so bad so I gotta find kids off of matchmaking to play.

Amazing work. Can you tell me off hand how much of this game type would you be able to recreate for Reach? I get the impression you have a lot more freedom with H4 when it comes to creating gametypes in megalo.

Well the amount of this that I COULD do in Reach is around 80% of everything. However, the amount that I WOULD do is just about 0%...

Edited by AbandonedCashew

This mod is very amazing man, but i have a request; do you know the mod gametype from Halo Reach: Spartan Vs Elite (or SVE 1.32)? If you know, with this gametype, you are able to "spawn" via label, the "Campaign Falcon", the "Anti-Air Shade", ect.... Now, can you are able to put this is Salvation? maybe, if you can, you combine the SLV_GATE and SLV_BRIDGE, like: if it's negative (-1,-2,-3,....) the object is like SLV_GATE, and if it's positive (1,2,3,....) the object is like SLV_BRIDGE; so, you would have a free label, and put the SLV_SPAWNER label, like spawn a pelican or other "vehicles" from the campaign.

Thank in advance.

Edited by Spartan11sette

On 8/21/2014 at 9:41 PM, Spartan11sette said:

This mod is very amazing man, but i have a request; do you know the mod gametype from Halo Reach: Spartan Vs Elite (or SVE 1.32)? If you know, with this gametype, you are able to "spawn" via label, the "Campaign Falcon", the "Anti-Air Shade", ect.... Now, can you are able to put this is Salvation? maybe, if you can, you combine the SLV_GATE and SLV_BRIDGE, like: if it's negative (-1,-2,-3,....) the object is like SLV_GATE, and if it's positive (1,2,3,....) the object is like SLV_BRIDGE; so, you would have a free label, and put the SLV_SPAWNER label, like spawn a pelican or other "vehicles" from the campaign.

Thank in advance.

In case you're not aware, we can only spawn objects (via Megalo) that are contained within a .map file. The only reason we're able to spawn a campaign Falcon, Anti-Air Shade etc. on Forge World with Mythic Slayer in Reach, is because they just so happen to exist within Forge Worlds .map file... oh, and spawning a Pelican (or any other vehicle found only in campaign/SpOps) in multiplayer maps is impossible, because they only exist in campaign/SpOps maps.

If we could do this, I'm certain it would have already been done by now.

Edited by Pfeuff

And, Spartan, negative spawn sequence is already taken, by the channel for being activated by a forge trigger.

If anything awesome were spawn-able via Megalo, it would have been done 2 years ago. Reach is a lot different than Halo 4 in these ways.

Edited by AbandonedCashew
Cosmic lightning likes this

@cirith5

Cashew hasn't updated the links (and I doubt he will bother with it), so you need to search the H4 file browser using appropriate tags...

Here's the gametype

You will have to find the supported maps on your own. Try searching with tags using the names of each Salvation map.

Edited by Pfeuff
cirith5 likes this

18 hours ago, Pfeuff said:

@cirith5

Cashew hasn't updated the links (and I doubt he will bother with it), so you need to search the H4 file browser using appropriate tags...

Here's the gametype

You will have to find the supported maps on your own. Try searching with tags using the names of each Salvation map.

I really wish we would have released the actual gametype files in addition to these waypoint links.  That way the links would be easier to replace and be more permanent.  Anyways, for my gametypes, if anyone finds any of them down and wants them, PM me and I'll update that post with the physical file.

5 hours ago, Thunder said:

I really wish we would have released the actual gametype files in addition to these waypoint links.  That way the links would be easier to replace and be more permanent.  Anyways, for my gametypes, if anyone finds any of them down and wants them, PM me and I'll update that post with the physical file.

Well... I could upload all of the .xml files I have in backup storage (or even as containers), and then maybe we could have everything available in one location on the forums to download. I think I have your gametypes backed up as well.

Could also track down all the gametypes on H4 fileshare and post the links here.

Edited by Pfeuff

On 6/15/2016 at 5:56 PM, Pfeuff said:

Well... I could upload all of the .xml files I have in backup storage (or even as containers), and then maybe we could have everything available in one location on the forums to download. I think I have your gametypes backed up as well.

Could also track down all the gametypes on H4 fileshare and post the links here.

I know I have some gametypes lying around on my 360's harddrive.  I have the drive next to me but no cable to connect it to my PC.  I could probably try to open the shell and connect it directly to my PC.  I still have all the source code for my gametypes and probably some of AMD's and synth92's.  I'll see if I can get in touch with AbandonedCashew.

1 hour ago, Thunder said:

I know I have some gametypes lying around on my 360's harddrive.  I have the drive next to me but no cable to connect it to my PC.  I could probably try to open the shell and connect it directly to my PC.  I still have all the source code for my gametypes and probably some of AMD's and synth92's.  I'll see if I can get in touch with AbandonedCashew.

why not just get a flash drive?

2 hours ago, cirith5 said:

I still cant download it.

You tried my link? Can you take a screenshot of what you see when the page loads?