Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FOCookie

General
Will there be modded gametypes in Halo MCC?

27 posts in this topic

I'm quite ignorant as to the "why" and "how", but is it possible to get modded gametypes like we have for Halo 4 on the 360 for the re-release in the collection on XOne?

Firstly I'd just like to thank you guys for the hard work you do in tinkering around with the code and figuring out all the ways to fix Halo 4's broken custom games. In doing so you actually bring a viable amount of fun to the game that should have been there from the start. So again, thank-you and I'm glad there is such a dedicated crowd to modding for the fun of the game.

I know that vanila Halo 4 in my eyes will remain untouched come the release of Halo: MCC... unless of course I am able to play the wonderful creations from you fine gents that make this game so enjoyable. Am I going to possibly enjoy some awesome custom nights with friends or will halo 4 on the XOne remain sad and shattered?

If only there was a way to mod halo 2 in MCC... wishful thinking </3

The only way it will be possible, at least from what I know right now, is if the game lets you download from Xbox 360 fileshares. Then you could download the modded gametypes and play them like you could before.

If that doesn't happen though, then the answer is no because the Xbox One hasn't been hacked yet.

Cosmic lightning likes this

The only way it will be possible, at least from what I know right now, is if the game lets you download from Xbox 360 fileshares. Then you could download the modded gametypes and play them like you could before.

If that doesn't happen though, then the answer is no because the Xbox One hasn't been hacked yet.

Which I am fairly certain 343 has said old maps and stuff will not transfer over, so it's all down to waiting for the Xbone to get hacked (or more specifically, the save containers).

Cosmic lightning likes this

I see. I see. A bit of a sad truth that I already braced myself for.

I do know 343 is not allowing access to files from the 360 database and will be entirely seperate due to the engine differences.

And it's going to be a loooong time until the XOne is cracked. x3

Thank you for replying by the way~

Edited by FOCookie

Apparently 343 is now saying that you will be able transfer old gametypes and such..

I don't think they understood the question during the panel.

the save container would be the big deal breaker,because the big question will be will there be modded gametypes or maps, which can all be done with hex editing at the least. So since old files will not transfer ....then no...with it bieng this close to halo mcc, but who knows when 5 releases

the save container would be the big deal breaker,because the big question will be will there be modded gametypes or maps, which can all be done with hex editing at the least. So since old files will not transfer ....then no...with it bieng this close to halo mcc, but who knows when 5 releases

Regardless of the save container format, there still has to be a way to retrieve and edit them in the first place, and last time I heard the Xbox One can only copy saves to external hard drives and the filesystem for those has not been reverse-engineered yet.

Also, just going to say this now, me and most of the people who reverse-engineered Megalo on the 360 are not interested in doing anything related to the Xbox One.

Regardless of the save container format, there still has to be a way to retrieve and edit them in the first place, and last time I heard the Xbox One can only copy saves to external hard drives and the filesystem for those has not been reverse-engineered yet.

Also, just going to say this now, me and most of the people who reverse-engineered Megalo on the 360 are not interested in doing anything related to the Xbox One.

that is quite a shame.

This is somewhat fairly wrong, with the method of making any hdd work for xbox one, you can retrieve anything off the hdd, however there is a dummy copy of all your saves and such from what I have heard on your hdd, every save /con file is stored in the cloud so editing the files are pointless when everytime you get on a game on xbox one, you see the sync message, which downloads your saves if they are missing or corrupted most saves are pulled from the cloud and played and updated there and are updated if changed offline then re-synced online, so in theory if con modding ever became possible on xbox one, you would have to mod the file and play offline and edit a few things, then go back online so it sync's the modded file for the cloud. 

Edited by CabooseSayzWTF

This is somewhat fairly wrong, with the method of making any hdd work for xbox one, you can retrieve anything off the hdd

Wouldn't the files be encrypted though? I don't have an Xbox One, but it seems to me like it's something they would do.

That's sad to hear.

Which I am fairly certain 343 has said old maps and stuff will not transfer over, so it's all down to waiting for the Xbone to get hacked (or more specifically, the save containers).

Isn't it possible to play the "MCC" on the 360?

Isn't it possible to play the "MCC" on the 360?

Unless you're being sarcastic and referring to the fact that you can just play the original games on the 360, no, there is no way to play an Xbox One game on the 360.

after playing with forge for the last 2 weeks, i can say without a doubt, besides shading, thats the one thing 343 did right (certain affinity specifically) i can also tell you that modding forge with this version is pointless and there would be absolutely no need for it, sure would 512 grass plains be awesome, ya, but...

1: the maps while they look huge they would not contain 512 grass plains, you would end up deleteing 2oo and have every inch blocked into a cube

2: with this forge it would be a novelty since you would never know whats modded and whats not, you would not be able to distinguish between a modded and retail map.

the only use for forge this would be is if there are hidden items not in the roster that are locked away which there are i can garantee that but i couldnt gaurentee you that they would be worth a damn either.

AT this point id say its safe to asume noone wants to touch mcc,

after playing with forge for the last 2 weeks, i can say without a doubt, besides shading, thats the one thing 343 did right (certain affinity specifically) i can also tell you that modding forge with this version is pointless and there would be absolutely no need for it, sure would 512 grass plains be awesome, ya, but...

1: the maps while they look huge they would not contain 512 grass plains, you would end up deleteing 2oo and have every inch blocked into a cube

2: with this forge it would be a novelty since you would never know whats modded and whats not, you would not be able to distinguish between a modded and retail map.

the only use for forge this would be is if there are hidden items not in the roster that are locked away which there are i can garantee that but i couldnt gaurentee you that they would be worth a damn either.

AT this point id say its safe to asume noone wants to touch mcc,

The topic says modded gametypes, not modded maps. Modded maps have over forge limit, game types are to do with scripting, custom labels, custome colors and triggers and such as you can see with halo 4 and reach, the topic on hand has nothing todo with over forge limits. There is no need for any of that, however 500-600 walls on skyward would have been grand for the map I was making. But dropped the project due to not enough good looking wall-like forge objects. Also there are hidden forge objects such as Stonetown, the collapsible bridges are indeed forgable, Once you destroy the red coil, the bridges are then forgeable, you can have up to 36-38 of these.

You can watch my video to see what I mean.

Edited by CabooseSayzWTF

I figured this conversation would happen, but they are in the same family, you may not be able to compare apples to oranges but they are both fruit....point is either way you go you need to be able to get the save container and read the save, im just pointing it out for others if they have questions about forge as well.no need to go agro

I too would have liked to see 512 walls but after placing 50 or 60 it goes down quick in performance, I was trying to recreate chronopolis but have to go about it another way since wall collis in this game are a bitch.

Edited by lordcrusnik

I figured this conversation would happen, but they are in the same family, you may not be able to compare apples to oranges but they are both fruit....point is either way you go you need to be able to get the save container and read the save, im just pointing it out for others if they have questions about forge as well.no need to go agro

I too would have liked to see 512 walls but after placing 50 or 60 it goes down quick in performance, I was trying to recreate chronopolis but have to go about it another way since wall collis in this game are a bitch.

They both are con files that is correct, but both are different in perspective, one being map, another being a gametype. Gametype modding be more complex and better imo, and map modding only being over forge limit objects on map. My performance hasn't went down at all with all walls used, it just depends if the walls are close together or not and that determines your performance. If smashed together your performance goes down. But nice on pointing it out for others none the less. And I agree wall coll is a bitch.

Edited by CabooseSayzWTF

What is Megalo?

Google results:  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

megalo-

combining form

abnormally large or great

"megaloblast"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

img results:

Megalo_Manga_Infobox.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't think that's what you are talking about.

Edited by xy007

What is Megalo?

Google results:  

megalo-

combining form

abnormally large or great

"megaloblast"

img results:

Megalo_Manga_Infobox.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't think that's what you are talking about.

Damn you are so far behind in the halo modding scene, it's the encryption/code for halo reach and halo 4,

Damn you are so far behind in the halo modding scene, it's the encryption/code for halo reach and halo 4,

OOOOOOhhhhhhh ok, I see....

That's what I was kind of figuring. 

Edited by xy007

Specifically, it's the gametype engine that they use which allows the developers to add new gametypes to the game without patching the executable. Me and some other people cracked the format that they used to store gametypes so we could create our own.

Specifically, it's the gametype engine that they use which allows the developers to add new gametypes to the game without patching the executable. Me and some other people cracked the format that they used to store gametypes so we could create our own.

^ This in a deeper perspective.