Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Akarias

ZanzieHunter.

25 posts in this topic

i got a sandbox map i released a while back with all the bipdeds in it lol and i got phantom pelican scarab and profit chair :tongue:

You mean gamecheat's map?

Proof?

he has one i can vouche lol i tried it b efore it just has the different characters injected but u have to manually spawn them...theyre not in forge or anything...i spawned them with weapon proj

Whats the point of this map. Unless you corrected the sounds i don't see the point. This could be done in less than 2 minutes.

Besides the point, check the "log".

Proof?

You do know he is talking about his modded *Sandbox/Sandtrap* map right? He is not referring to GameCheat's ai playground

Whats the point of this map. Unless you corrected the sounds i don't see the point. This could be done in less than 2 minutes.

Way to criticize, maybe it's his first tag injected map and wanted to release it so people could play it?

You may not see a point, there may not be a point at all.

Does their have to be a point just to have fun and play the map? I think not. 

Edited by CabooseSayzWTF
Jmichaels and Cosmic lightning like this

Way to criticize, maybe it's his first tag injected map and wanted to release it so people could play it?

No I agree with Gamecheat. There is nothing creative about this map. He just injected a hunter into the map. I would agree with you if it was released months ago when it was actually a challenge to inject anything or if there was some degree of creativity to it. For Halo 3 injection is basically one-click now, this isn't a mod. It's somebody showing off that he can click the "inject" button.

Jjijr yea u prob right but nothing wrong with releasing spmething u did yourself theres nothing in site rules that says u cant upload things that are easy to do... whether map is useless or not i comgratulate person for actually doin something and uploading it

You do know he is talking about his modded *Sandbox/Sandtrap* map right? He is not referring to GameCheat's ai playground

First or not, its nothing new or interesting. This has been available to everyone for over a year. I can inject a hunter faster than i could patch this map.

I don't think anyone wants the site flooded with anymore tag injection maps that have jack shit but a few tags that took no more than 3 minutes to inject.

You are sending out a message to newcomers that you don't need to be original or creative. You just need to inject a few things and call it a brand new map.

Is this really what it has come to?

Edited by Gamecheat13
JJIJR, Stu Pickles and Kojuku like this

I don't mean to be a dick, but on the first release of AI Playground, the phantoms didn't have their correct sounds. They were producing banshee sounds instead.

Anyway, whether it was meant to be a *big* release or not, this guy put his time and effort into it, and is showing the community that he is able to inject tags, something which some people (including me) get a huge headache at just looking at the tutorials.

You maybe don't appreciate it, and i understand why, but to the creator, this is a big step in his modding abilities, and he maybe just wants to show people what he can do.

CabooseSayzWTF likes this

I don't mean to be a dick, but on the first release of AI Playground, the phantoms didn't have their correct sounds. They were producing banshee sounds instead.

Anyway, whether it was meant to be a *big* release or not, this guy put his time and effort into it, and is showing the community that he is able to inject tags, something which some people (including me) get a huge headache at just looking at the tutorials.

You maybe don't appreciate it, and i understand why, but to the creator, this is a big step in his modding abilities, and he maybe just wants to show people what he can do.

Let me give you a headache-less tutorial on how to inject a hunter into to any map:

1.) open any map with a hunter in it.

2.) search for the hunter biped, right click it, and hit extract.

3.) open the map you want to put the hunter in.

4.)hit the inject button and select the hunter file you just saved.

You have no idea how much time and effort the assembly team had put into making it that simple. If you couldn't figure this out yourself, you really aren't in a position to judge anybody's map mods. And I think the part that pisses everybody off the most is that this guy claims he had injected AI's, BSPs, and other bs months before it was actually discovered. (lies obviously)

PS: Gamecheats map was released before sound injection was discovered, derp. No shit it was going to use banshee sounds.

Edited by JJIJR
Wil, Bunker Jeremy, Kojuku and 1 other like this

Um...

Well

My tutorial was written before sounds became auto nulled, and my tutorial was just to explain where the sounds where hiding in the tags.

I also make it clear at the top that Assembly skips over sounds dus rendering my tutorial useless.

Injection literally takes 2 minutes.

Headache free.

Also this isn't the first thing he injected, he claimed he got AI working when injection came out and that he was riding a Moa, so if that is true (and which it may not) this isn't a big step at all.

I realized that I said the exact same thing as jj, well at least I'm not a skrub like jj.

Edited by Lehvak
JJIJR, Gamecheat13, Kojuku and 1 other like this

Ok, i'm sorry.

I misunderstood :(

I may have been thinking of BSP injection or something, it just took a lot of steps and needed offsets etc.

My bad :L

Let me give you a headache-less tutorial on how to inject a hunter into to any map:
1.) open any map with a hunter in it.
2.) search for the hunter biped, right click it, and hit extract.
3.) open the map you want to put the hunter in.
4.)hit the inject button and select the hunter file you just saved.
You have no idea how much time and effort the assembly team had put into making it that simple. If you couldn't figure this out yourself, you really aren't in a position to judge anybody's map mods. And I think the part that pisses everybody off the most is that this guy claims he had injected AI's, BSPs, and other bs months before it was actually discovered. (lies obviously)
PS: Gamecheats map was released before sound injection was discovered, derp. No shit it was going to use banshee sounds.

Also, would injecting a phantom/pelican work in the same way?

I'm getting an error when injecting, but i'll go look at LehVak's tutorial.

Ok, i'm sorry.

I misunderstood :(

I may have been thinking of BSP injection or something, it just took a lot of steps and needed offsets etc.

My bad :L

I don't know if assembly auto nulls lsnds. Look under attachments and null tags that are named "lsnd". And what error do you get? (put it in a spoiler if it's long)

Edited by Kojuku

I don't know if assembly auto nulls lsnds. Look under attachments and null tags that are named "lsnd". And what error do you get? (put it in a spoiler if it's long)

It doesn't null lsnd tags, but it nulls the snd! tags inside them.

Here's the error:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at Blamite.Blam.ThirdGen.Structures.ThirdGenResourceLayoutTable.LoadPage(StructureValueCollection values, Int32 index, ThirdGenCacheFileReference[] externalFiles)
   at Blamite.Blam.ThirdGen.Structures.ThirdGenResourceLayoutTable.<>c__DisplayClass1.<LoadPages>b__0(StructureValueCollection e, Int32 i)
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.<SelectIterator>d__7`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at Blamite.Blam.ThirdGen.Resources.ThirdGenResourceManager.LoadResourceTable(IReader reader)
   at Blamite.Injection.TagContainerInjector.LoadResourceTable(IReader reader)
   at Blamite.Injection.TagContainerInjector.InjectTag(ExtractedTag tag, IStream stream)
   at Blamite.Injection.TagContainerInjector.FixTagReferences(DataBlock block, IWriter buffer, IStream stream)
   at Blamite.Injection.TagContainerInjector.WriteDataBlock(DataBlock block, SegmentPointer location, IStream stream)
   at Blamite.Injection.TagContainerInjector.InjectTag(ExtractedTag tag, IStream stream)
   at Blamite.Injection.TagContainerInjector.FixTagReferences(DataBlock block, IWriter buffer, IStream stream)
   at Blamite.Injection.TagContainerInjector.WriteDataBlock(DataBlock block, SegmentPointer location, IStream stream)
   at Blamite.Injection.TagContainerInjector.InjectDataBlock(DataBlock block, IStream stream)
   at Blamite.Injection.TagContainerInjector.FixBlockReferences(DataBlock block, IWriter buffer, IStream stream)
   at Blamite.Injection.TagContainerInjector.InjectDataBlock(DataBlock block, IStream stream)
   at Blamite.Injection.TagContainerInjector.FixBlockReferences(DataBlock block, IWriter buffer, IStream stream)
   at Assembly.Metro.Controls.PageTemplates.Games.HaloMap.btnImport_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

it should be as simple as that for pretty much everything in H3

Well that escalated quickly... It is pretty easy to do but I give you more props for actually releasing it and putting up with all the negative feedback. I haven't released anything yet but all I could say is I am working on something. :P Hope I don't get as much hate as you... But I am adding more to my map to make it stand out as its own.. Whelp lets see how that goes. XD

The judge mentality of this whole situation is absurd. Does not matter if it's simple, does not matter if it's hard, THE FACT is he got encouraged to go tag inject and make a map. The negativity will ruin this community and push those who are willing to learn and try harder away. You guys have almost pushed me away SEVERAL times, just out of the unneeded negativity that was blasted at me. Does not matter if the mod is creative or not creative, the fact is that he is trying, Shouldn't that be all that matters? Yes it should be. Don't put somebody on blast even if their map isn't as good as what yours would be. This commuinity is not as awhole about being judgemental towards others, I can understand saying Hey add more stuff or hey i encourage you to do something better to the map? It sounds better that way and its in a positive way instead of saying *Hey, this map is garbage and pointless, this is just a cluttered download to the site, Oh get real and have some heart.

Edited by CabooseSayzWTF
Jmichaels likes this

The judge mentality of this whole situation is absurd. Does not matter if it's simple, does not matter if it's hard, THE FACT is he got encouraged to go tag inject and make a map. The negativity will ruin this community and push those who are willing to learn and try harder away. You guys have almost pushed me away SEVERAL times, just out of the unneeded negativity that was blasted at me. Does not matter if the mod is creative or not creative, the fact is that he is trying, Shouldn't that be all that matters? Yes it should be. Don't put somebody on blast even if their map isn't as good as what yours would be. This commuinity is not as awhole about being judgemental towards others, I can understand saying Hey add more stuff or hey i encourage you to do something better to the map? It sounds better that way and its in a positive way instead of saying *Hey, this map is garbage and pointless, this is just a cluttered download to the site, Oh get real and have some heart.

Stop throwing gasoline on the fire it is over.

OrangeMohawk, Kojuku, JJIJR and 2 others like this