Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Linkmaster

halo 5 guardians forge improvements

18 posts in this topic

What are your thoughts on halo 4 forge's and how it can be improved on halo 5 guardians forge's considering the xbox one capabilities?

-bring back fine control when placing objects

-better rotations on objects instead of always defaulting to objects middle

-better object selections across all maps and not just select ones

-better manual object manipulation, since decimal point isnt precise enough

Mass moving...

Mass copy/paste...

Extra texture options for objects in game.

Mass moving...

Mass copy/paste...

Mass moving...

Mass copy/paste...

Cosmic lightning likes this

Just get fine editing back, dammit. Why the heck was it even removed to begin with?

They must have broke it after putting in New features.

You made me want to get far cry 2 now. Not know that was possible, probably pc though. 

@OP:

-Mass Moving/Copying/Pasting

-Mass Rotate

-Mass Spawn/Edit = Spawn in 16 + whatever uniformed in a straight line and edit advanced options at once. Must be of same item though. i;e two different structures still have same advanced options but vehicles & structures don't. 

-Fine Editing

-Better Magnets Was lovely idea just was not all that great as they did not line up all that great.

-Remove flashing so you can build better maps; i;e turn it on/off button so you know when you are lined perfectly with the other object but turn it off so you can see what you are building. 

-collision should be better edited; i;e halo 4 building rocks you could tell it looked like you were floating on top of it instead of standing on it. ;(

-Forge Maps should be bigger, gfx balls could get a new use called theme balls, changes background within the map to something more preferable. i;e impact on halo 4 could of had island theme, or another related space theme as like unsc ship in the back.

-More player vs player maps, small useful, to the point, with noting on them when in forge. 

-More forge objects, i;e unsc ship(non-moving); Big Covenant stuff (Why the hell one purple item was in 4 I dunno) but bring back more covenant, forerunner, flood stuff. 

-Vehicles Make a few forge maps big enough designed just for the vehicles, so if someone wanted they could wage an full out war with each other in scenes.

-Bring forge world & forge island back. Add in vehicles. 

-Vehicles to Bring Back or Use in multiplayer

-Mongoose (Various other attachments)

-Ghost (Various other attachments)

-Revenant (Various other attachments)

-All type of Warthog's

-Scorpion

-Wraith

-Pelican

-Phantom

-Falcon

-UNSC Motorcycle - Why not, everyone dreamed it. 

- Other unique vehicles for the lovers. 

-Terrain Editor or at least forgeable water where we can put on our maps without people getting killed in it. I know we are in a suit, but if its sci-fi, shouldn't we be able to breath underwater? 

-Computer Program to design better maps through the use of a computer & than merge them to console in some form of way. 

These are my idea's, might not like them or you might, some might not be plausible, but really this would bring me to the xbone for sure. 

-Computer Program to design better maps through the use of a computer & than merge them to console in some form of way. 

343 isnt valve they hate modders!

343 isnt valve they hate modders!

That may be true but technically it would not be modding if they put a coding program on the game thus making it part of a game, not modding, but making awesome content to share.

That may be true but technically it would not be modding if they put a coding program on the game thus making it part of a game, not modding, but making awesome content to share.

MS is never going to allow that to happen either way. Especially not on Xbox One.

Well, since H2A has Precision Edtiting, I think it's safe to assume H5 and beyond will too. But here's my suggestions for Halo 5 forge:

-Moving objects - You should be able to set objects to be able to move to a set point at a certian speed, like the thing on Ascension in Halo 2. You can set up to maybe 16 movement points, each with their own speed etc. Maybe also set a delay between movements, so it moves from Point A to point B, then stops for a moment, then moves to point C. You should also be able to loop it, so if you set it to go from point A to B, and let it just go from A, B, A, B and so on. Would be useful for a Halo 5 Ascension map and Last Resort/Zanzibar wheel.

Textures - Allow a wide array of textures, ie. snowy, rusted, mossy, clean. Also include a Forerunner, UNSC/Human, and Covenant variants of each piece, and that sticks until you change it again. Also allow for colors to color either the usual strips or the entire piece.

All vehicle/weapon variants - All vehicles from Halo 1-4. All weapons from Halo 1-4. All variants, including Brute plasma rifle, Gungoose, Anti-Air Wraith. Heretic Banshee, and anything else. And Silenced SMG and Magnum frm ODST. Also the Golf CLub and Scarab Gun.

FORGE WORLD. Nuff said.

There are others that I would mention, (Scarabs, Pelicans, AI, etc), but I am keeping this in the 100% doable range. 343 can easily do all of what I have mentioned, some of which is already being done in Halo 2: Anniversary. Just a few simple things like these can have a HUGE impact on forge, and will do nothing but good.

Edited by haloman30

Sadly that is true.

Yet with the inclusion of switches in Halo 2 Anniversary mode plenty of gametypes will come about. And from just what we've seen thus far, we have to assume Megalo itself is getting an upgrade as well. I doubt we'll find a way to put modded gametypes on XBO for at least 4-5 years, but they seem to be gearing up to really cater to the fans. Hopefully with lots of gametypes to go along with the mega-forge capabilities of H2A

Yet with the inclusion of switches in Halo 2 Anniversary mode plenty of gametypes will come about. And from just what we've seen thus far, we have to assume Megalo itself is getting an upgrade as well. I doubt we'll find a way to put modded gametypes on XBO for at least 4-5 years, but they seem to be gearing up to really cater to the fans. Hopefully with lots of gametypes to go along with the mega-forge capabilities of H2A

Still not Impressed with forge on MCC, its cool but you'd think with a newer Gen console it would be more powerful so it could run more things. I know it's 4 games on one disc(finally they did this, suggested it a cr*p load of times) but I was expecting to much for the xbone. I probably won't get it unless I can actually edit maps by adding water or snow and I can download zerkers race v2.1 mod. Love it better than 343i as I can understand it, change vehicle size, and have fun. But I still need to buy a next generation console and I can't see any reason for it yet, even if new games are released on it.