Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HaloHackBoy

Visual Basic
My First Software!

18 posts in this topic

Im 11 years old so please dont judge too much!

But you can use negative criticism .But be constructive. I wont cry lol.

Written in VBA.

It is a zip file.

edit3: Sorry for the 343i Halo mcc launch tradegy  ;P

I released the fixed version. It is an .exe.

If the exe does not work. Run the .application file.

Thank you for taking time and playing the game.

Peace.

Release.rar

Edited by xTheRGHSandCatx
The404Spartan, Stu Pickles and AMD like this

Hmm, I can't install it. I keep getting this error:

5SEdSpA.png

In general though I wouldn't recommend using that one-click deployment system unless it's absolutely necessary to. There isn't really any reason for someone to have to install a program like this.

I fixed the bugs and now cheat-proof. I just had to create border around the form.

Its on my laptop cause this shit pc has 4 gb space on the c drive adn 321 on the other. But no. They used the 4gb one as the windows drive!

Ill update the link in a bit!

Hey, when you release your fixed version, just get the binary from the bin folder of the project rather than publishing it. Its really annoying when something installs and I have uninstall it when I'm done. Otherwise cool game :) Can't wait to see what you work on next :)

HaloHackBoy likes this

Here it is.

Your welcome.

Fixed the installing issue as posted by AMD.

Fixed it so now its cheating proof. You cannot get out the form and skip to the finish point. Sad life!

Peace.

Edited by Thunder Snow
AMD found the issue, not myself

That *fixed* version wasn't a virus or anything, was it? 

I just opened the .exe file and nothing appeared, so now I have avast scanning my system xD

Sorry if you're being genuine man, just seemed a little suspicious that nothing opened after clicking on it ;)

HaloHackBoy likes this

That *fixed* version wasn't a virus or anything, was it? 

I just opened the .exe file and nothing appeared, so now I have avast scanning my system xD

Sorry if you're being genuine man, just seemed a little suspicious that nothing opened after clicking on it ;)

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/b97c5b460cdd8f423fbe4f91c6743c2920b0cab82ea0228e1208338d5c89ff5c/analysis/1418766239/

Looks clean

Dont worry its clean.

Why would i upload a virus to xboxchaos stupid lol!

Hmm, I can't install it. I keep getting this error:

5SEdSpA.png

In general though I wouldn't recommend using that one-click deployment system unless it's absolutely necessary to. There isn't really any reason for someone to have to install a program like this.

Fixed. the new version has a dll refreneced to visual basic powerpacks. I used a OvalShape in the game thats why.

Fixed. the new version has a dll refreneced to visual basic powerpacks. I used a OvalShape in the game thats why.

Unless you haven't uploaded this yet, the updated game you posted earlier still doesn't work for me. Try following the steps given in this StackOverflow answer to include a copy of the DLL with your game.

Yay! It works now! I was able to get through the maze.

Overall I'd say that it's pretty impressive as a beginning program. I like that you took it a step further and added in the balls that bounce between walls. Here are a few quick suggestions on how I think you could improve it:

• Make the Escape key quit the game.
  • Use actual images for the walls and etc. instead of just using solid colors.
  • Add more levels with increasing difficulty.
  • Move the Rules button right next to the starting area or just make the dialog show up automatically the first time you play. With how you have it set up right now, it isn't as helpful as it could be because you have to figure out how to play the game in order to get to it in the first place.
  • Make the levels more complex. For example, you could have a door which only opens if you move your mouse over a switch first.

Yay! It works now! I was able to get through the maze.

Overall I'd say that it's pretty impressive as a beginning program. I like that you took it a step further and added in the balls that bounce between walls. Here are a few quick suggestions on how I think you could improve it:

• Make the Escape key quit the game.
  • Use actual images for the walls and etc. instead of just using solid colors.
  • Add more levels with increasing difficulty.
  • Move the Rules button right next to the starting area or just make the dialog show up automatically the first time you play. With how you have it set up right now, it isn't as helpful as it could be because you have to figure out how to play the game in order to get to it in the first place.
  • Make the levels more complex. For example, you could have a door which only opens if you move your mouse over a switch first.

I agree with this. 

Also, instead of just using the mouse, u should be allowed to use arrow keys to move the mouse, allowing for more complex Mazes. Great start of a maze game though. 

HaloHackBoy likes this

Couple bugs:

1. If you go to rules, after you close the message dialog, as long as you avoid the green ball, your cursor isn't reset after hitting the ok button on the rules. So you end up in the open space next to Finish.

2. It seems that if I move my cursor fast enough I can get out of the process window, and am then able to get back in at the bottom by moving it quickly again. So you could increase the rate at which you check cursor positions, or think about a way of comparing previous positions to current ones to figure out if the cursor has passed straight through a green box.

HaloHackBoy likes this

Bug no. 1 is easy to fix.

I will look into the other one.

And thanks AMD for the constructive feedback