Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Xbox Chaos: Modding Evolved

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Teancum

General
Fileshare - can you download maps/gametypes from 360 games?

28 posts in this topic

On 360 you can find and download and etc. Problem is everyone is so lazy today and wants the downloads from the halo site. Granted I'm lazy, but really is annoying. I did like the site as I could share my image's easier.

No, you can't download any files from the site on any console. On the 360 you can upload and download FS stuff. So it's still there. They were just dumb and took it off the site.

@Cosmic, he's asking if you can download 360 files from MCC.

Answer is nope because MCC uses a separate fileshare system. In fact it seems that you can only download files from people on your Friends List (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

@Cosmic, he's asking if you can download 360 files from MCC.Answer is nope because MCC uses a separate fileshare system. In fact it seems that you can only download files from people on your Friends List (someone correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm confused. How would you do that if MCC is on a different console? Really, unless you mean upload saves to cloud and download them.

Edited by Cosmic lightning

I was playing on Ghost Busters the other day, and Halo on Halo. They both looked identical to there Halo 3 counterparts, but who knows, they could have been remakes.

I'm confused. How would you do that if MCC is on a different console? Really, unless you mean upload saves to cloud and download them.

It's actually a pretty reasonable thing to ask. 343 could have made it work if they wanted to by just allowing MCC to connect to the 360 fileshares. It has been officially confirmed, though, that this won't ever be possible.

The MCC FAQ on Reddit says this (unfortunately, I couldn't seem to find an official source anywhere):

Can we bring our saved maps and gametypes from Halo 3 and 4?

Unfortunately, no. 343 has confirmed that no files from the 360 titles can transfer into the MCC.

It's actually a pretty reasonable thing to ask. 343 could have made it work if they wanted to by just allowing MCC to connect to the 360 fileshares. It has been officially confirmed, though, that this won't ever be possible.The MCC FAQ on Reddit says this (unfortunately, I couldn't seem to find an official source anywhere):

It's b/c there lazy. Mojang made there saves transferable from 360 to Xbox one through cloud. But that was probably easy or something. Oh well, now I understand. I won't worry about it, I'm staying on 360 until the price comes down, I don't feel like paying one fourth of a grand on it really. Edited by Cosmic lightning

It's actually a pretty reasonable thing to ask. 343 could have made it work if they wanted to by just allowing MCC to connect to the 360 fileshares. It has been officially confirmed, though, that this won't ever be possible.

The MCC FAQ on Reddit says this (unfortunately, I couldn't seem to find an official source anywhere):

They said it in a big hour-long press conference at PAX Prime duing the Q&A. The Q&A starts at around 51:20, but be aware the audio/video might be out of sync:  http://youtu.be/DfQ9c4DVmQY?t=51m20s

AMD likes this

I never really got MCC. I mean everyone is complaining that it doesn't work properly or something, and everyone is complaining about the console its on. Remind me why people don't just grab their copy of H3 of the shelf and play some custom games rather than paying money to play a broken version, on a supposedly broken console when our 360 fileshare is sitting right there?

My way in on the current convo:

It's b/c there lazy. Mojang made there saves transferable from 360 to Xbox one through cloud. But that was probably easy or something. Oh well, now I understand. I won't worry about it, I'm staying on 360 until the price comes down, I don't feel like paying one fourth of a grand on it really.

If the custom file's format has been reworked in MCC, then it would mean that they would have to work on method of converting the files to the new format. To be fair, it would probably take less time for everyone just to recreate their old maps and gametypes.

Edited by Saint Dickolas

I never really got MCC. I mean everyone is complaining that it doesn't work properly or something, and everyone is complaining about the console its on. Remind me why people don't just grab their copy of H3 of the shelf and play some custom games rather than paying money to play a broken version, on a supposedly broken console when our 360 fileshare is sitting right there?

My way in on the current convo:

If the custom file's format has been reworked in MCC, then it would mean that they would have to work on method of converting the files to the new format. To be fair, it would probably take less time for everyone just to recreate their old maps and gametypes.

Except you can't mod on the xbox one thus this question is being asked. lol. It is a modding community you know.  Also a lot of modded game-types still sur-pass 343i's game-types. Sure there were bugs, but there wasn't as many as 343i's going on. 

I say 343i is just lazy and isn't taking the time to make it possible for us because it doesn't mean that much to them.

/myopinion

They might reconsider it now as they need to have it up and running on the site shortly for Halo MCC or it's game over for the game. Yea there is a way on the game that is to complicated for millions of people to understand how to do it. So they might make everything accessible cross platform due to the game, let's hope.

I say 343i is just lazy and isn't taking the time to make it possible for us because it doesn't mean that much to them.

/myopinion

Just speculating here, but it's entirely possible that they didn't allow it partially because they don't want people running modded gametypes and maps on the Xbox One.

Teancum likes this

Just speculating here, but it's entirely possible that they didn't allow it partially because they don't want people running modded gametypes and maps on the Xbox One.

Pretty much but they'll need to add it back shortly. Go read waypoint forums. Halo MCC ain't gonna last until it's all fixed even with the FS. In meantime, there is a way to get maps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzoezIImOQA. But it's a pain in the rear, so they will figure something out.

The 360 -> MCC  issue is totally modding. Especially now given the current state of modded console regularly and frequently going online.

Pretty much but they'll need to add it back shortly. Go read waypoint forums. Halo MCC ain't gonna last until it's all fixed even with the FS. In meantime, there is a way to get maps https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzoezIImOQA. But it's a pain in the rear, so they will figure something out.

As it's already been said:

@Cosmic, he's asking if you can download 360 files from MCC.

Nobody is against there being a filebrowser for MCC.

Cosmic lightning likes this

The 360 -> MCC  issue is totally modding. Especially now given the current state of modded console regularly and frequently going online.

Yea, I know. They will probably won't add it back.

Update:

Watch whole video, so it's the developers who control it. Yes it's Minecraft, but it still explains stuff. 

It may be an issue that isn't easy for them to resolve though. Like how the new-gen consoles are not backwards compatible.

It could just be a technicality.

Yea, I know. They will probably won't add it back.

Update:

Watch whole video, so it's the developers who control it. Yes it's Minecraft, but it still explains stuff. 

Yep, developers control it, and frankly if it were a PC-based game like Minecraft that already had mods, it might be more welcome, but frankly what we do here all comes from reverse engineering, so it's a line they can't cross in the end. If they did it would have to be with PC-based tools, and having been in the development industry once before the tools you use to make an application/website/game/whatever are usually cobbled together and not friendly to the outside user. They'd have to have some huge team to support us.

It would be grand to have mods on the X1. But the only way that'll happen is if they for some reason allow 360 maps/gametypes to be downloaded to X1.

Is literally no one listening to what I am saying?

Maybe we are, Maybe we aren't. It's your name that gets us all. jk.jk. 

Yep, developers control it, and frankly if it were a PC-based game like Minecraft that already had mods, it might be more welcome, but frankly what we do here all comes from reverse engineering, so it's a line they can't cross in the end. If they did it would have to be with PC-based tools, and having been in the development industry once before the tools you use to make an application/website/game/whatever are usually cobbled together and not friendly to the outside user. They'd have to have some huge team to support us.

It would be grand to have mods on the X1. But the only way that'll happen is if they for some reason allow 360 maps/gametypes to be downloaded to X1.

See, I hadn't noticed that do to hating the xbox one. I have my reason's. 

Is literally no one listening to what I am saying?

There's nothing overly platform-specific about the formats that the 360 games use for maps and gametypes. There's no reason why converting to the new format would be difficult to do.

Teancum and Cosmic lightning like this

I wasn't saying there was something platform specific about either of the game type formats. I was just comparing the difference between the new and old user content formats to the difference between the platforms, and saying that in both cases the difference could be substantial enough that it is more difficult than peeps in this thread are giving them credit for.

I often see people saying that devs are just being lazy, and 90% of the time they have no idea how difficult a certain task could be.

Perhaps it is a simple conversion, but I doubt they are being lazy.

I wasn't saying there was something platform specific about either of the game type formats. I was just comparing the difference between the new and old user content formats to the difference between the platforms, and saying that in both cases the difference could be substantial enough that it is more difficult than peeps in this thread are giving them credit for.

I often see people saying that devs are just being lazy, and 90% of the time they have no idea how difficult a certain task could be.

Ahh, yeah, it's completely possible that they just didn't have time for it. Considering how buggy the game was at launch, it'd be no surprise if they wanted to do it but it wasn't a big enough priority.
Teancum and Cosmic lightning like this

Main Reason people think they are being lazy b/c of the latest purchase, buying mojang for 2.5 billion dollars makes you wonder why 343i doesn't hire more people to get things done faster.

Main Reason people think they are being lazy b/c of the latest purchase, buying mojang for 2.5 billion dollars makes you wonder why 343i doesn't hire more people to get things done faster.

That has zero to do with how business works. Microsoft owns literally hundreds of companies. The purchase or sale of one has little affect on another.